MMQB ranks the top 15 CBs

Gilmore is a very good CB, but I think the odds are less than 50-50 that he re-signs in Buffalo. He will want a mega deal and the Bills will be giving so much to Taylor if he has a good season that I don't see how they can keep Gilmore too. Now, if Taylor bombs next season then I think the chances of signing Gilmore go up considerably.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/24169/over-50-million-in-2017-cap-space-should-ease-bills-budget-crunch

If they want to pay Gilmore and Taylor they can. If Taylor got 22 mil and Gilmore got 15 mil, they still have 13 mil to sign draft picks and some RFA's. They'll have the money. The question is not if they can, but if they want to pay either at the top of the market.

My bet is yes on Gilmore because there is no obvious replacement in the pipeline and re-signing him will fall in line with Whaley & co.'s MO. Re-sign their own good players. They've done it with Dareus. They've done with Glenn. They've done with Incognito. They gave Kyle an extension. Robey got an extension. A. Williams got re-signed. In the case of Dareus and Glenn they got paid at the going rate for their experience and position. I think Gilmore will get his. It's just a matter of how they structure the deal.

Taylor? He might get that tag. But if he takes the next step and the Bills make the playoffs, he'll get his $ too. The Bills 2017 off-season financials are nowhere near what they had to endure this off-season.

My opinion only: too many penalties

An opinion I share. Doesn't play smart.

My overall view on this list is I have a tough time arguing with the top 3. I think you can jumble the order about a little after that and make arguments many ways.

Edited by GunnerBill

?? - I don't know Revis finished with regard to stats, but through week 8 he was 2nd in the nfl by mid-november. I thought he played well this past season despite a bad final game. There are 16 games, not simply 2 against the bills. I see a lot of jets games ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572707/article/position-rankings-midseason-allpro-team

the only bad games j remember revis having were vs Deandre Hopkins at Houston and Sammy Watkins at buffalo. The first Sammy matchup he was very good, except for a couple (key) plays. Statistically I think Revis was high all year. Edited by YoloinOhio

the only bad games j remember revis having were vs Deandre Hopkins at Houston and Sammy Watkins at buffalo. The first Sammy matchup he was very good, except for a couple (key) plays. Statistically I think Revis was high all year.

Yeah, that was my view as well. He had a good season. The Jets pass defense overall was excellent. Opposing QBs had a 79.0 rating against them, and in 2014 opposing qbs had a 101.5 rating against them. That's a huge improvement. They finished 9th in points allowed and 4th in yards allowed overall. That was a big improvement from the year before on the points front (24th in points, 6th in yards).

Yeah, that was my view as well. He had a good season. The Jets pass defense overall was excellent. Opposing QBs had a 79.0 rating against them, and in 2014 opposing qbs had a 101.5 rating against them. That's a huge improvement. They finished 9th in points allowed and 4th in yards allowed overall. That was a big improvement from the year before on the points front (24th in points, 6th in yards).

considering how bad Cro was too

?? - I don't know Revis finished with regard to stats, but through week 8 he was 2nd in the nfl by mid-november. I thought he played well this past season despite a bad final game. There are 16 games, not simply 2 against the bills. I see a lot of jets games ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572707/article/position-rankings-midseason-allpro-team

It would probably be more helpful to use the final all pro teams than the midseason one. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_All-Pro_Team

He wasn't in their top 5. There are 16 games, not 8. No one is saying he sucks but he isn't the same dominant player he was.