The Bengals Have Signed UB's Joe Licata

Nice picture. He has that whole "I'm going to put all my effort into throwing the most feeble pass imaginable" look going that just fits so perfectly with the Bengals.

The young Fitz pose. Well, the Fitz pose.

I guess you are right. I'm surprised that he got signed at all but good for him.

Same here. I said before I didn't think he'd make the NFL but he did set UB records in yards and touchdowns. Also UB TE Matt Weiser was signed by SD. (UB's Brandon Oliver is a Charger too.) Weiser was #2 in TD's and #4 in receiving yards by tight ends in FBS last season.

And UB OT John Kling signs with the Bears.

UB players in NFL right now (James Starks left off list).

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Same here. I said before I didn't think he'd make the NFL but he did set UB records in yards and touchdowns. Also UB TE Matt Weiser was signed by SD. (UB's Brandon Oliver is a Charger too.) Weiser was #2 in TD's and #4 in receiving yards by tight ends in FBS last season.

Im intrigued. We talked about the bulls a little bit. I like Weiser in the league. But im not sure about Licata. I liked Kling too. Thought we could have done some good with him as an UDFA pick up.

LOL Kling Kong cool

Im intrigued. We talked about the bulls a little bit. I like Weiser in the league. But im not sure about Licata. I liked Kling too. Thought we could have done some good with him as an UDFA pick up.

I was surprised Kling didn't get drafted given the position and agree wish we had the idea to sign him.

LOL Kling Kong cool

I was surprised Kling didn't get drafted given the position and agree wish we had the idea to sign him.

We don't need any stinking lineman!

6'8" 320 a roadgrader in the run game and we didn't sign him why?

I think it would be good for the area if we actually signed regional players that can play, guess where too smart for that.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

We don't need any stinking lineman!

6'8" 320 a roadgrader in the run game and we didn't sign him why?

I think it would be good for the area if we actually signed regional players that can play, guess where too smart for that.

I'll settle for signing ANY guys who can play, I don't care if they're from Buffalo, or China.

As a former HS coach of Kling (in a non-football sport), I am happy for the kid. He was a great athlete for us, and a great person. I also hoped that he would have signed here, but the Bears have a clearer path to a roster spot than the Bills did.

I'll settle for signing ANY guys who can play, I don't care if they're from Buffalo, or China.

Obviously, which is why I said if. That said fans will care more about players that are from WNY or came from UB and would bring more passion and dedication from fans which is good for morale and business.

• 3 weeks later...

Matt Johnson coming for tryout with Bills on Monday

4900 yards, 46 TD's, 8 ints last year for Bowling Green.

Considered a "project" QB due to simple system he played in.

Has some great highlight reels.

(source was BillsDaily.com BTW)