Dri Archer claimed off waivers

Would not be surprised, if Spiller read board, to think same thing about you.

Read some more about Archer today with quotes from his college coach.

Long strides, but cuts sharply without losing speed.

Who knows.

Coaching is quite nearly everything in the NFL.

Maybe Lynn and Lal can get some more out of him.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that Archer and Goodwin have not had productive NFL careers thus far. And that's probably not going to change with Buffalo.

But we have 3 of the fastest players in modern NFL history. Archer and Goodwin both posted sub 4.3 40s and Listenbee's coach says he could run in the 4.1s.

I'm really wonder what Roman is thinking. TT might have had some shortcomings throwing over the middle but has looked good throwing the deep ball.

If my memory serves, Jim Plunkett was successful in Oakland years ago with an offense that ran the ball a lot but also took a lot of deep shots down field. If you can be proficient at both, it really stresses a defense.

I get that Archer and Goodwin have not had productive NFL careers thus far. And that's probably not going to change with Buffalo.

But we have 3 of the fastest players in modern NFL history. Archer and Goodwin both posted sub 4.3 40s and Listenbee's coach says he could run in the 4.1s.

I'm really wonder what Roman is thinking. TT might have had some shortcomings throwing over the middle but has looked good throwing the deep ball.

If my memory serves, Jim Plunkett was successful in Oakland years ago with an offense that ran the ball a lot but also took a lot of deep shots down field. If you can be proficient at both, it really stresses a defense.

Throw in a pretty desperate contract to Percy Harvin last season and you get a clear picture of what's going on with this organization. They've been trying to get a viable deep threat opposite Watkins. Rewatch the KC game to see what it could mean to his success. His first half was unreal. Just incredible. But he got shut out in the second half. The difference was coverage. The safety was consistiently late to help in the first half. Sammy's speed was a big part of why. Taylor also put the ball in good spots for him on many of the throws. But the typical coverage in the second half was the CB playing press and the safety over the top of Sammy. Safety help was right there. Defenses can't be allowed to do that to him. A deep threat is desperately needed across from him.

I get what the Bills did in the offseason. They kept Glenn, Incognito and Gilmore. That's reasonable and it's what I wanted. They had a choice in the draft - 1) go all out to fix the offense, 2) go all out to fix the defense or 3) split the help. They chose #2. I'd have chosen #1, but their choice is one I understand - especially with the defensive line depth in this draft. My main reason for wanting to go offense is that I want to know what I have in Taylor this season. I didn't want to risk him failing because of his supporting cast.

Throw in a pretty desperate contract to Percy Harvin last season and you get a clear picture of what's going on with this organization. They've been trying to get a viable deep threat opposite Watkins. Rewatch the KC game to see what it could mean to his success. His first half was unreal. Just incredible. But he got shut out in the second half. The difference was coverage. The safety was consistiently late to help in the first half. Sammy's speed was a big part of why. Taylor also put the ball in good spots for him on many of the throws. But the typical coverage in the second half was the CB playing press and the safety over the top of Sammy. Safety help was right there. Defenses can't be allowed to do that to him. A deep threat is desperately needed across from him.

I get what the Bills did in the offseason. They kept Glenn, Incognito and Gilmore. That's reasonable and it's what I wanted. They had a choice in the draft - 1) go all out to fix the offense, 2) go all out to fix the defense or 3) split the help. They chose #2. I'd have chosen #1, but their choice is one I understand - especially with the defensive line depth in this draft. My main reason for wanting to go offense is that I want to know what I have in Taylor this season. I didn't want to risk him failing because of his supporting cast.

I can see your reasoning. I feel the same about TT. But i think it is on Taylor to progress more than it is give him more tools. He steps up a couple notches the whole O will look markedly better !

I can see your reasoning. I feel the same about TT. But i think it is on Taylor to progress more than it is give him more tools. He steps up a couple notches the whole O will look markedly better !

That's fair. I think it's a little bit of wishful thinking on my part. I try to be a realist, but sometimes a little optimist comes shining through.

Hold on....is this....another master stroke by Whaley?! Convincing Archer NOT to show up?? We may not understand it, but it is never really for us to understand anyway.

Few will ever truly appreciate his genius...

Bills place RB Dri Archer on Reserve/Did Not Report list

Awarded the waiver claim for RB Dri Archer last week, the speedy return man has yet to report to the Bills.

The designation opens up a spot on Buffalo’s 90-man offseason roster. The Bills will retain the rights to Archer until a resolution to his status with the club takes place.

Archer, 24, was signed by the Jets as a future free agent this past January. He was waived by the Steelers last November after serving as a multi-faceted offensive weapon and kick returner.