espn radio just said

Buftex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ESPN guy, Jason Smith, also says that the Bills are "locked and loaded" and were "the best team in the NFL" the last 10 weeks! He also says that the Bills are about 13 million under the salary cap! Maybe Samri Rolle? That is just me speculating, not ESPN!

I would love it if Vinnateri was signed! Lindell is horrid, and the best we can hope for him, at this point, would be for him to reliable within 40 yards, which he hasn't even achieved yet. Vinnateri could actually win a game or two for us. Kicker, receving tight end, back up QB vet, and another solid DB would be my priorites for the Bills, this off season.

Vinaterri = overrated. If BB according to some of you "was sooo smart and dropped DB because he sucked" Why would he not do the same if he knew he had an overrated kicker?

Well thats bad logic, but I do think he's overrated. His regular season stats are just ok. Just because his team makes it to the Superbowl and Shayne Graham's team doesn't.... well... doesn't necessarily make him a better kicker.

And I doubt any of you would be going this nuts over Shayne Graham.

The ESPN guy, Jason Smith, also says that the Bills are "locked and loaded" and were "the best team in the NFL" the last 10 weeks!

I disagree. That season finale against the Steelers really put the previous 9 weeks into perspective. However hopefully they've learned from it, in terms of what they need in terms of personnel and how to play when faced with that situation again.

I would love it if Vinnateri was signed!  Lindell is horrid, and the best we can hope for him, at this point, would be for him to reliable within 40 yards, which he hasn't even achieved yet.  Vinnateri could actually win a game or two for us.  Kicker, receving tight end, back up QB vet,  and another solid DB would be my priorites for the Bills, this off season.

There is NO WAY Vinatieri won't be franchised.

Vinaterri = overrated. If BB according to some of you "was sooo smart and dropped DB because he sucked" Why would he not do the same if he knew he had an overrated kicker?

Well thats bad logic, but I do think he's overrated. His regular season stats are just ok. Just because his team makes it to the Superbowl and Shayne Graham's team doesn't.... well... doesn't necessarily make him a better kicker.

And I doubt any of you would be going this nuts over Shayne Graham.

246648[/snapback]

Hey RT, I think your conclusion that Vinatierri regular season stats are "just ok" are a little off. You are looking at his stats, through the eyes of a Fantasy Football owner. I had Vinatieri on my FF team this past season, and you know what, he went a 4 week stretch, where he only attempted 1 field goal! It wasn't because he sucked, it was because the Pats were rolling over a bunch of teams. Most important to me, can you think of any game over the last 4 years, where Vinatieri missed a clutch kick, or one that in retrospect, cost his team a game? I don't think so. He may not have the hugest leg (although it is more than adequate), but the guy is as accurate as you could want him to be. Every kicker, no matter how good, will go through a game or two rut....Lindell has been in a perpetual rut. He was terrible before coming to Buffalo, and really hasn't improved.

The ESPN guy, Jason Smith, also says that the Bills are "locked and loaded"

246625[/snapback]

He's absolutely correct, especially in 2 days when the biggest dead weight on the roster is gone.

Now, time for TD to reverse another mistake.

DUMP LINDELL & SIGN VINATIERI! :doh:

doesn't anyone remember the december game we played in new england a few years back when vinitieri missed TWO short game winning field goals(one in regulation, one in OT) that allowed th bills to steal a win they didn't deserve? it was snowy and windy that day, but thy were makable kicks....didn't seem to affect christie when he got his turn.

all the credit in the world to the guy for winning two super bowls with late kicks, but i don't think he's all that great in crap weather. please don't overpay for a kicker, td.

but i don't think he's all that great in crap weather.  please don't overpay for a kicker, td.

246698[/snapback]

The FG he made in the Snow Bowl against the Raiders is one of the greatest kicks of all time. The AV of today is NOT the AV of a couple of years ago. Dude is as close to automatic as it comes. Keep in mind, he made the longest FG in the history of Heinz Field in the first quarter of the AFC Championship game.

Meanwhile, Lindell is shanking 28 yarders.

well i sure agree he's an upgrade from lindell...we all know that he would be. i just gotta think there is someone younger and cheaper available. the fact that donohoe could locate moorman leads me to believe there is hope we can get a decent young kicker in here without overpaying for someone like vinitieri.

plus, i hate him for being on the patriots so long. maybe we should have hung onto graham? too late to worry about that i guess...