2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Blokes! It's all about LSU this year.

Fournette and his 400+ carries this year. Dude is going to run for 2500 yards and get run into the floor.

It's a shame they can't recruit QBs for ****, Dupre & Dural are really solid receivers. 506 rushes to 277 passes last year, completing 53.6% of them. Jesus. :lol:

Fournette and his 400+ carries this year. Dude is going to run for 2500 yards and get run into the floor.

It's a shame they can't recruit QBs for ****, Dupre & Dural are really solid receivers. 506 rushes to 277 passes last year, completing 53.6% of them. Jesus. :lol:

They make Greg Roman jealous. Hopefully they find a passing game this year to clean up the LOS for Fournette.

They make Greg Roman jealous. Hopefully they find a passing game this year to clean up the LOS for Fournette.

Even if it's just using Fournette more in the passing game to simplify reads for Harris. He's like Derrick Henry as a receiver, better than you think, just underutilised.

For what he is, LF is a very good back. Not 1st round good or a Gurley/Zeke level athlete but he's very good.

Even if it's just using Fournette more in the passing game to simplify reads for Harris. He's like Derrick Henry as a receiver, better than you think, just underutilised.

For what he is, LF is a very good back. Not 1st round good or a Gurley/Zeke level athlete but he's very good.

He would be a good fit for Roman, but I don't like taking backs that high. Sad thing is he is better off having a nagging injury this season and keeping some of those carries off his legs, running backs get shafted.

Harris has plenty of options on offense, I think the game is too fast for him though. It will be an interesting season, I have had to sacrifice some CFB for family time which pains me.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Reuben Foster...I said all spring that I think he'll be a better pro than Ragland.

I agree Bandit. Do watch Ryan Anderson (#22) go and get qbs as well, and Tim Williams is flat out scary.

On the DL I think Jonathan Allen might make a play or 2 :), and I honestly believe that a healthy Minkah Fitzpatrick will be, as a sophomore, one of the best defensive backs in the country.

That defense is loaded.

Spent a bit of time checking out some of the RB class. Today, I've got to Christian McCaffrey.

He can contribute as a runner, receiver, on pass protection assignments, KR and PR. I don't want him as a workhorse back though. Struggling with how much value to assign to a guy that's, for all intents and purposes, a manufactured touch player. I think he can have the same kind of impact David Johnson had in Arizona last year.

One big thing I'll be watching; will he get the Derrick Henry "too much tread off the tires" treatment? Henry in 2015 had 406 touches, McCaffrey had 434. I'd anticipate Stanford using him heavily this year too.

I agree Bandit. Do watch Ryan Anderson (#22) go and get qbs as well, and Tim Williams is flat out scary.

On the DL I think Jonathan Allen might make a play or 2 :), and I honestly believe that a healthy Minkah Fitzpatrick will be, as a sophomore, one of the best defensive backs in the country.

That defense is loaded.

I actually have an entire week dedicated to Alabama's defense--too many kids to get a feel for, and the way Saban structures that D, it takes several views to get somewhat comfortable with who made the plays and why.

Spent a bit of time checking out some of the RB class. Today, I've got to Christian McCaffrey.

He can contribute as a runner, receiver, on pass protection assignments, KR and PR. I don't want him as a workhorse back though. Struggling with how much value to assign to a guy that's, for all intents and purposes, a manufactured touch player. I think he can have the same kind of impact David Johnson had in Arizona last year.

One big thing I'll be watching; will he get the Derrick Henry "too much tread off the tires" treatment? Henry in 2015 had 406 touches, McCaffrey had 434. I'd anticipate Stanford using him heavily this year too.

I'm looking at McCaffrey as a Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen type--receiving back that can take carries in the red zone and be a weapon on returns.

Edited by thebandit27

I'm looking at McCaffrey as a Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen type--receiving back that can take carries in the red zone and be a weapon on returns.

Different body types but he could be a Darren Sproles type of player. Matchup nightmare and dynamic role player.

Just looking at Sproles' career stats make me appreciate just how versatile that guy has been. Such a outlier and yet so productive.

Different body types but he could be a Darren Sproles type of player. Matchup nightmare and dynamic role player.

Just looking at Sproles' career stats make me appreciate just how versatile that guy has been. Such a outlier and yet so productive.

I think that CM is a better runner than Sproles (or Vereen and Woodhead). I think that people are going to constantly compare him to those guys because of the similar style. It's like how every white receiver gets compared to every other white receiver. McCaffrey to me is a guy that could be 1,000 yard back (plus all of his other traits). He's a more explosive (but not quite as good a runner) as Matt Forte IMO. Those other guys feel like 600 yard backs. McCaffrey's return skills remind me a lot of Sproles. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that CM is a better runner than Sproles (or Vereen and Woodhead). I think that people are going to cobstantly compare him to those guys because of the similar style. It's like how every white receiver gets compared to every other white receiver. McCaffrey to me is a guy that could be 1,000 yard back (plus all of his other traits). He's a more explosive (but not quite as good a runner) as Matt Forte IMO. Those other guys feel like 600 yard backs. McCaffrey's return skills remind me a lot of Sproles.

I agree that he's better as a runner than your typical receiving back. He's shifty, effortless cuts, patience and vision are good. I just don't want him smashing it up the middle. There's "safer" ways of getting him touches out in space. Use that dynamism isolated on a linebacker and it's a win every time.

It's tough to make comparisons when so few exist. He's definitely of that type but he's unique at the same time. He's exciting to watch and I couldn't fault him being an early pick. Just as long as they don't make the mistakes that the Rams did with Tavon Austin. He wins in multiple ways, just let him go and be great.

I agree that he's better as a runner than your typical receiving back. He's shifty, effortless cuts, patience and vision are good. I just don't want him smashing it up the middle. There's "safer" ways of getting him touches out in space. Use that dynamism isolated on a linebacker and it's a win every time.

It's tough to make comparisons when so few exist. He's definitely of that type but he's unique at the same time. He's exciting to watch and I couldn't fault him being an early pick. Just as long as they don't make the mistakes that the Rams did with Tavon Austin. He wins in multiple ways, just let him go and be great.

I agree with all of this and I really enjoy your scouting. You've been a real asset to this community. Where do you think that he gets drafted? Teams tend to overdraft "weapons" but his unique skill set is hard to wrap your head around. I think that he's a 1st rounder but there are some pure RBs (Fournette & Cook) that go before him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.