2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Good question. It comes down to poker. Who is doing what. If I could pry an extra first and second out of someone for moving back a spot or two I would consider it. If no one offered that I just draft Mahomes at 1.

What if you move back to 3 and SF takes Mahomes at 2...would that be worth it?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how one views Trubisky. If both are close you can drop back.

I would need a lot to not take Mahomes as I think he should be a top 5 pick.

If you have a conviction on a player, especially a qb, then it would be foolish to take the risk of another team jumping ahead and getting the player you coveted. However, if there are two or so players that you rank close together then trading down is well worth doing. If the Bills have no intention of drafting a qb with their first round pick then it would be smart to trade down and get multiple picks to address multiple issues.

My preference is to draft a qb in the first round and go on from there. Would I trade up for my preferred qb? No, for the reason that I do believe that there are a few equally good prospects who although have different styles of game are legitimate franchise prospects.

My sense is that McDermott because of his background is more inclined to accentuate the defensive side of the ball. It's my opinion (not necessarily true) that he has more authority. What I find frustrating is that I believe (opinion) that Whaley was ready to address the qb issue but because of his less than job performance he lost influence.

If you have a conviction on a player, especially a qb, then it would be foolish to take the risk of another team jumping ahead and getting the player you coveted. However, if there are two or so players that you rank close together then trading down is well worth doing. If the Bills have no intention of drafting a qb with their first round pick then it would be smart to trade down and get multiple picks to address multiple issues.

My preference is to draft a qb in the first round and go on from there. Would I trade up for my preferred qb? No, for the reason that I do believe that there are a few equally good prospects who although have different styles of game are legitimate franchise prospects.

My sense is that McDermott because of his background is more inclined to accentuate the defensive side of the ball. It's my opinion (not necessarily true) that he has more authority. What I find frustrating is that I believe (opinion) that Whaley was ready to address the qb issue but because of his less than job performance he lost influence.

Imagine if Whaley wants Mahomes and McDermott takes a lesser scheme fit linebacker or DB.

I will lose it.

Imagine if Whaley wants Mahomes and McDermott takes a lesser scheme fit linebacker or DB.

I will lose it.

The scenario will be worked out prior to the draft. For the most part the two staffers have a good inkling who is going to be taken and what their options are prior to selection day. I don't believe that a qb will be taken in the first round. That's just the way it is when a long term downtrodden team is scrambling to be a marginal playoff contending team. Short term goals and small time aspirations.

The scenario will be worked out prior to the draft. For the most part the two staffers have a good inkling who is going to be taken and what their options are prior to selection day. I don't believe that a qb will be taken in the first round. That's just the way it is when a long term downtrodden team is scrambling to be a marginal playoff contending team. Short term goals and small time aspirations.

Yes, I was talking to another Bills fan over coffee today. I was trying to cheer him up on the Bills! We both are on the get a QB bandwagon and have agreed to add a 2nd team to our football Sundays. If the Bills don't draft a QB we will follow whatever team gets Mahomes also.

It's not that I will stop watching the Bills. It's just time to enjoy the game again. Watching this team getting its lights punched out week after week, year after year has grown old.

Yes, I was talking to another Bills fan over coffee today. I was trying to cheer him up on the Bills! We both are on the get a QB bandwagon and have agreed to add a 2nd team to our football Sundays. If the Bills don't draft a QB we will follow whatever team gets Mahomes also.

It's not that I will stop watching the Bills. It's just time to enjoy the game again. Watching this team getting its lights punched out week after week, year after year has grown old.

You want the Bills to draft Mahomes?

i do :wub:

Me too, he is such a stud. There was a point in the fall that I thought Blokes was going stand outside of his bedroom window, in a trench coat, with a boom box playing "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.

Eric Galko of Sporting News had some interesting thoughts:

Mitch Trubisky and Buffalo. He thinks Buffalo wants him badly.

He thinks SF 49ers have Trubisky as the top QB on the board but will pass because of Cousins possibility

Bears have Mahomes as top QB on their board. 2nd round options for Bears would be Watson or Kizer.

Do Bills move up for Trubisky?

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/4-21-eric-galko-optimum-scouting-talking-bills-connection-turbisky-schopp-and

I don't like moving up in this draft for a QB. If we take one at 10, fine, but we have holes everywhere and our team would be worse off this year trading up imo. Tru wouldn't start this year anyway. I want WR/LB/DB this year and QB next year.

Edited by ndirish1978

According to Andy Benoit of SI he said he thinks Trubisky's best place to go is Buffalo because of our run heavy offense. He watches a lot of film and is knowledgeable.

The Interview (on John Murphy show) starts around 7:30 mark and he gets into the QB breakdown at 12 minute mark.

I have never posted a link but here it is for anyone else as obsessed as I am about next week's draft:

http://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1642018/119104644.mp3?rhihttphost=wgr550.hosted.cx

Spoiler alert - surprisingly he didn't suggest the Bills draft any QB at 10 and he also said he doesn't think we will reach for a CB either - it was an Ah-ha moment for John Murphy, Donald Jones and me that McDermott's zone values speedy LBs and strong DL so much more than cover guys in his zone defense.

I have read every page of this thread and appreciate the insight from you guys too.

You want the Bills to draft Mahomes?

Me too, he is such a stud. There was a point in the fall that I thought Blokes was going stand outside of his bedroom window, in a trench coat, with a boom box playing "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.

I thought it was "Shock the Monkey"

437f86c7-efdc-4020-a5df-2075c92240d4.gif

According to Andy Benoit of SI he said he thinks Trubisky's best place to go is Buffalo because of our run heavy offense. He watches a lot of film and is knowledgeable.

The Interview (on John Murphy show) starts around 7:30 mark and he gets into the QB breakdown at 12 minute mark.

I have never posted a link but here it is for anyone else as obsessed as I am about next week's draft:

http://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1642018/119104644.mp3?rhihttphost=wgr550.hosted.cx

Spoiler alert - surprisingly he didn't suggest the Bills draft any QB at 10 and he also said he doesn't think we will reach for a CB either - it was an Ah-ha moment for John Murphy, Donald Jones and me that McDermott's zone values speedy LBs and strong DL so much more than cover guys in his zone defense.

I have read every page of this thread and appreciate the insight from you guys too.

Cool, there's hope for some WLB help!

CAN'T WAIT!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.