2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

So I guess there might be a world in which Thomas falls to us. Have him go for Brady every play in those two games this year I suppose.

R1P1

EDGE MYLES GARRETT

CLEVELAND BROWNS

R1P2

QB MITCH TRUBISKY

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

R1P3

QB DESHAUN WATSON

CHICAGO BEARS

R1P4

TE O.J. HOWARD

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

R1P5

S MALIK HOOKER

TENNESSEE TITANS

R1P6

S JAMAL ADAMS

NEW YORK JETS

R1P7

WR MIKE WILLIAMS

LA CHARGERS

R1P8

EDGE DEREK BARNETT

CAROLINA PANTHERS

R1P9

EDGE HAASON REDDICK

CINCINNATI BENGALS

R1P10

EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS

BUFFALO BILLS

YOUR PICKS

1: R1P10

EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS

STANFORD

2: R2P12

LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM

VANDERBILT

3: R3P11

WR ZAY JONES

EAST CAROLINA

4: R5P12

CB RASUL DOUGLAS

WEST VIRGINIA

5: R5P27

S JOHN JOHNSON

BOSTON COLLEGE

6: R6P11

TE COLE HIKUTINI

LOUISVILLE

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A week+ from the draft, so a lot could change, but it definitely sounds like the #Browns are trying to move up from 12 for Trubisky

10 replies13 retweets9 likes

Retweet

2. I've heard Tennessee (5) and Jets (6) are targets to get the Browns ahead of Buffalo for Trubisky.

1. A week+ from the draft, so a lot could change, but it definitely sounds like the #Browns are trying to move up from 12 for Trubisky

10 replies13 retweets9 likes
    Retweet
  2. I've heard Tennessee (5) and Jets (6) are targets to get the Browns ahead of Buffalo for Trubisky.

Interesting--in my most recent mock attempt, I had them moving up to 7 with SD

If the Bills see a franchise QB they need to not get outgunned by Cleveland. Time to call and ask the price.

The Bills don't have the ammo to contend with Cleveland if they decide to move up. If option A is not there then go with option B. The top four qb prospects or more have different attributes but can also turn out in time to be good players. I wouldn't be adverse with a modest trade down and select Mahomes or Watson or Kizer or Webb. The problem with the Bills is they are not adept at maneuvering in the draft. At times Whaley gratuitously gives up picks to move slightly up and at times when the opportunity exists to slide down and acquire assets he stolidly stays in place. He doesn't seem to know the difference between thinking strategically as opposed to tactically. He acts as if he is a checker player at a chess game.

The Bills don't have the ammo to contend with Cleveland if they decide to move up. If option A is not there then go with option B. The top four qb prospects or more have different attributes but can also turn out in time to be good players. I wouldn't be adverse with a modest trade down and select Mahomes or Watson or Kizer or Webb. The problem with the Bills is they are not adept at maneuvering in the draft. At times Whaley gratuitously gives up picks to move slightly up and at times when the opportunity exists to slide down and acquire assets he stolidly stays in place. He doesn't seem to know the difference between thinking strategically as opposed to tactically. He acts as if he is a checker player at a chess game.

I think if Cleveland wants Trubisky we can land Mahomes. Time for us to figure out what is happening and not be left standing when the music stops.

The best case scenario for us would be Cleveland staying put and someone like Arizona or Houston getting front of them (at 10). Cleveland has all of the ammo and can pretty much do whatever. If Cleveland goes to 7 we can probably forget about going back to 13. I suppose 25 could still be on the table.

I think if Cleveland wants Trubisky we can land Mahomes. Time for us to figure out what is happening and not be left standing when the music stops.

You and I know very well that the Bills are not going to use their first pick on a qb. It's against their DNA. So don't expect this franchise to act out of character. It's not going to happen. The patchwork mentality will prevail. Accept it or be angry. :wallbash:

The best case scenario for us would be Cleveland staying put and someone like Arizona or Houston getting front of them (at 10). Cleveland has all of the ammo and can pretty much do whatever. If Cleveland goes to 7 we can probably forget about going back to 13. I suppose 25 could still be on the table.

Because none of the qbs are considered elite prospects it is difficult to project who is going to jump up or down. I think that there are so many good defensive players that a lot of teams would love to trade down with fewer teams willing to give up assets to move up. This is a draft where quantity of picks is a good position to be in.

Because none of the qbs are considered elite prospects it is difficult to project who is going to jump up or down. I think that there are so many good defensive players that a lot of teams would love to trade down with fewer teams willing to give up assets to move up. This is a draft where quantity of picks is a good position to be in.

I agree and think that most assume Cleveland will be taking a QB at 12. That is likely the first QB off of the board IMO. I could see them trying to go to 5 and if they think that the Jets are an option. Otherwise teams that want a QB (Arizona and Houston come to mind) will probably need to get ahead of Cleveland if Trubisky is their guy. 10 would seem to be in play but I doubt that we are the only team looking to trade back. This year feels like a year that you will get more value coming up than going back (like the Dion Jordan trade even though it didn't work out). Even still I would like to go back and take the best offer that you can get. The strength of this draft appears to be on day 2. If you can get another day 2 pick to slide back 3 spots I would pull the trigger.

So they took the bait that we are taking a QB?

I think they're trying to make sure that they get both of the guys that they want.

They absolutely must take Garrett at 1 if they want him, because there's no conceivable way he gets passed 2 as the best player in the draft.

So if they want Trubisky as well, and they want to make sure they get him, they should trade up in front of any team that looks likely to take a QB. They obviously feel that SF and Chicago won't, so logically you'd look at Tennessee, who has Mariota and has a history of draft-day trades with Cleveland.

Bills have a visit scheduled for tomorrow, 4/20 at Clemson to meet with Deshaun Watson.

Imo

Is this more smokescreen or are they actually interested? If the latter, do they actually think he's falling to #44, because he isn't. If the former, I think its overkill at this point.

I think they're trying to make sure that they get both of the guys that they want.

They absolutely must take Garrett at 1 if they want him, because there's no conceivable way he gets passed 2 as the best player in the draft.

So if they want Trubisky as well, and they want to make sure they get him, they should trade up in front of any team that looks likely to take a QB. They obviously feel that SF and Chicago won't, so logically you'd look at Tennessee, who has Mariota and has a history of draft-day trades with Cleveland.

It would seem that the Jets are a potential landing spot for Trubisky. Is it just me, but I have a feeling that San Francisco may take him at 2. If that happened we could see a run on QBs and where does Solomon Thomas go is the question. I guess Tenn if they don't go Allen

Garrett-cle, Trubisky-sf, Lattimore-chi, Fournette-jax, Allen-ten, Adams-nyj, Hooker-lac, McCaffery-car, Ross-cin......

Is this more smokescreen or are they actually interested? If the latter, do they actually think he's falling to #44, because he isn't. If the former, I think its overkill at this point.

Could that be for the benefit of #25 Houston seeing?

Edited by horned dogs

It would seem that the Jets are a potential landing spot for Trubisky. Is it just me, but I have a feeling that San Francisco may take him at 2. If that happened we could see a run on QBs and where does Solomon Thomas go is the question.

I don't see Trubisky going to SF, but John Lynch has no draft record, so SF is a bit of a wildcard.

That said, with reports running rampant that SF wants to move down from the 2 slot, it makes me believe that they don't love any QB enough to take him there.

Suppose, however, that they do take Trubisky at No. 2...I would guess that Chicago would take Thomas. I feel fairly certain that he'd never get passed Tennessee at No. 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.