2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

They have been sold on the importance of drafting from a good QB class. I could care less if I get a guy with franchise potential if his class is poor. If I get a franchise guy and everyone else gets a lemon I'm fine!

Bills are nowhere without a QB. We don't have the guy on the roster now. If we don't get a QB some fans will cheer for losses to get a top 5 pick. That's the silver lining, not another no QB 6 or 7 win season.

The Dolphins, Texans and Chiefs went to the playoffs with worse QB play last year. TT is 15-14 so it is closer to 8-8 than 6-10. You don't need to exaggerate. We know that you want a QB.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins, Texans and Chiefs went to the playoffs with worse QB play last year. TT is 15-14 so it is closer to 8-8 than 6-10. You don't need to exaggerate. We know that you want a QB.

I see this as 5 to 6 win team. I think we peaked a few years ago and haven't replaced the talent that has left in the last few drafts. Last year was an awful draft.

I have no interest in building a team that can at best sneak into the playoffs and then get its head caved in. I aim higher.

There are a few guys that I think are Day 3 LBs that offer plenty of coverage ability.

I would be absolutely fine with a guy like UCLA's Jayon Brown, either of the KSU guys (Elijah Lee or Charmeachealle Moore), and LSU's Duke Riley as guys that can contribute in sub-package looks.

Perfect. Will keep an eye on them.

I see this as 5 to 6 win team. I think we peaked a few years ago and haven't replaced the talent that has left in the last few drafts. Last year was an awful draft.

I have no interest in building a team that can at best sneak into the playoffs and then get its head caved in. I aim higher.

I don't disagree with that 2nd part (at all). I don't even necessarily disagree with the 1st part. I think that the talent (specifically on defense) has regressed. Hyde is a nice addition but they lost AW, Gilmore, ZB and Graham. I think that they are still missing a starting S, LB, CB and WR. I can't see them addressing them all without a trade back. Astro suggested 10 & 44 for 12 and 33 on Twitter. We'd still be short a pick in the 1st 2 days but you can start with something like Davis and Cunningham (or whatever).

I don't disagree with that 2nd part (at all). I don't even necessarily disagree with the 1st part. I think that the talent (specifically on defense) has regressed. Hyde is a nice addition but they lost AW, Gilmore, ZB and Graham. I think that they are still missing a starting S, LB, CB and WR. I can't see them addressing them all without a trade back. Astro suggested 10 & 44 for 12 and 33 on Twitter. We'd still be short a pick in the 1st 2 days but you can start with something like Davis and Cunningham (or whatever).

And it's not just the starters. This team has zero depth. Even a couple injuries and we are battling for the bottom. We need two great drafts to become really competitive again.

And it's not just the starters. This team has zero depth. Even a couple injuries and we are battling for the bottom. We need two great drafts to become really competitive again.

The depth isn't a huge issue to me. The OL is very deep (they will probably cut an NFL caliber player), the WR have a bunch of 3's and 4's they are missing a 2. If TD Mike is back they are fine at RB. Jordan Poyer is fine as the 3rd safety and Colt Anderson is back. They are thin at CB behind Seymour but if they added Verner (as an example) plus the draft pick they are fine there. The DL can use a situational pass rusher but maybe that Lorax. The LB corp is thin. The TE position needs help as well. One of Whaley's strengths has been depth signings like Zach Brown, Lorax and Groy. I wouldn't at all be surprised if some of the smaller signings exceed our expectations.

If they can address those few starters the roster will be alright. If they can't though your point is well taken. They will bump reserves into starting roles and bums into reserve roles. They have to get those fixed.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

QB interest is a smoke screen to get teams to bite on them early.

Our 1st round targets will be WR (2) / TE (1) /DE (1) /CB (1)

I have the names of our top five prospects and I will release them as we get closer to the draft.

Later round info next week...

Imo

2 freaking WRs. If it's true, we are still so so dumb. Not crazy about TE either.

2 freaking WRs. If it's true, we are still so so dumb. Not crazy about TE either.

I think that what he is saying is that there are 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DE and 1 CB being considered.

Bandit has thought Ross was a possibility. I wonder if it is him or Williams & Davis? The TE is probably Howard from the reports. The CB could be Lattimore unless they have concerns about the hamstring. If that's the case it's probably Conley or Humphrey. The DE maybe Allen? maybe Barnett? Maybe Harris? Thomas and Garrett are probably gone.

If I had to guess: Williams, Ross, Lattimore, Allen and Howard are the 5.

I have a feeling the TSW draft meltdown this year is going to be historically entertaining.

Let's guess, Williams, Davis, Howard, Garrett, Lattimore.

I think that what he is saying is that there are 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DE and 1 CB being considered.

Bandit has thought Ross was a possibility. I wonder if it is him or Williams & Davis? The TE is probably Howard from the reports. The CB could be Lattimore unless they have concerns about the hamstring. If that's the case it's probably Conley or Humphrey. The DE maybe Allen? maybe Barnett? Maybe Harris? Thomas and Garrett are probably gone.

Yes, it might also be Conley and Harris. Bills were rumored early on to be interested in both.

On second thought not Ross, Davis instead.

Edited by horned dogs

Let's guess, Williams, Davis, Howard, Garrett, Lattimore.

Yes, it might also be Conley and Harris. Bills were rumored early on to be interested in both.

On second thought not Ross, Davis instead.

I like Davis. Whaley has always targeted the big school guys early. That's the only reason I went another way. I'm just guessing though. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I agree on your 5

Thomas is an absolutely perfect fit for McDermott's D...but yeah, he's in the conversation for the #2 overall pick, so very unlikely he's there at 10

And they are apparently going for continuity on D in Carolina.... so he is a perfect fit there too. I am not as convinced about the fit in San Fran if I am honest but I see why that link has been made. Bennett is a better natural pass rusher for my money but he isn't the all around talent Thomas is.

@LedyardNFLDraft

The more I watch this quarterback class, the more I understand why the NFL wasn't that high on it. Supposedly anyway

Watson is still my top QB, I like his tape a lot. But Trubisky and Kizer have a lot of flaws that worry me. Mahomes is just inconsistent

finally, a realistic statement

If the Bills pass on a Mahomes or Trubisky to get a player like OJ or Corey Davis they are even dumber than I thought.

If McDermott pulls a Dick Jauron draft and falls on his face then we hired the wrong guy.

No it means he knows these QBs are bums and expect him to go defense at 10

all true but none of these kids will be better than TT is now and probably wont be much better in the long run.

The best thing that can happen to this team is rebuild the defense and have a poor record and draft Darnold.

I have a feeling the TSW draft meltdown this year is going to be historically entertaining.

based on picking who ? :devil:

finally, a realistic statement

No it means he knows these QBs are bums and expect him to go defense at 10

all true but none of these kids will be better than TT is now and probably wont be much better in the long run.

The best thing that can happen to this team is rebuild the defense and have a poor record and draft Darnold.

based on picking who ? :devil:

it doesn't matter. Everyone already seems angry and it's 3 weeks away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.