2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

http://www.first-pick.com/NFL/Share.aspx?id=599dadd0-16c7-4652-a726-3f45084de60e

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A)
Round 1 Pick 18 (TENN): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30 (PITT): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (CAR): Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado (B-)
Round 3 Pick 41 (PITT): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (B)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CLE): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (B)
Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Davis Webb, QB, California (B)
Round 4 Pick 34 (LAR): Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 5 (LAR): Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State (C+)

I'd be thrilled with this one.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.first-pick.com/NFL/Share.aspx?id=60298b34-da28-45a0-8d52-5fcb6456ce9f

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (IND): Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan (A)
Round 2 Pick 12: Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ARI): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (B+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (ATL): Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut (A)
Round 3 Pick 30 (PITT): Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (B)
Round 4 Pick 7 (WASH): Davis Webb, QB, California (B)
Round 5 Pick 4 (JAX): Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 10 (WASH): Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA (A-)
Round 5 Pick 29 (PITT): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (C-)

Corey Davis and a completely rebuilt secondary (I'll stop spamming the board now)

Corey Davis unable to run at his pro day today (ankle)

@buckybrooks

Create an interesting dilemma for teams trying to determine which WR is No.1 in this class. Corey Davis & Mike Williams have speed concerns

The 40 time has become so overblown - how do these teams need more than Davis' years of solid tape? Give me Anquan Boldin's 4.7 everyday so long as it comes with his general physicality, willingness to go over the middle, and blocking/intangibles.

The 40 time has become so overblown - how do these teams need more than Davis' years of solid tape? Give me Anquan Boldin's 4.7 everyday so long as it comes with his general physicality, willingness to go over the middle, and blocking/intangibles.

i think it's more about having complete info and trying to confirm what they see on tape. He's probably a 4.5 guy watching his games but how high do you take a guy like that - not that you don't want him at alll because of that. But is he a top 10 pick? It's hard to make that call without having all the info to compare against everyone else.

40 time isn't everything but it is an important piece of the puzzle for a WR specifically. Need to know if he can win vertically vs NFL CBs. Has he played any? He played in the MAC. Williams has, and he won the matchups frequently. Not that I don't take him, it just raises questions and teams don't want questions unanswered with a top 10 pick

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm holding out hope for Hooker or Adams, though I expect both to be gone before our pick. Absent a trade down, I'm not comfortable taking any of these receivers at #10, there's too much defensive talent that could really help us and should be available at #10, each of these receivers have several question marks and there's depth at the position.

He isn't ranked at the top because of injury and past off the field incidents. As far as his talent goes, Bill Polian said he's the best of the class.

Talented yes...shredded the best D in college for 400 something yards and 4 TD's......I have two kids in college who are plugged into the college social media - the stuff that they don't show their Dads...their take on CK is NOWAY...and my two kids are pretty forgiving and let's just say fun loving...apparently there is enough stuff out there to scare them off....

@buckybrooks

Create an interesting dilemma for teams trying to determine which WR is No.1 in this class. Corey Davis & Mike Williams have speed concerns

Clearing the way for John Ross to be the 1st receiver taken...man am I going to be insufferable if that prediction comes true.

Clearing the way for John Ross to be the 1st receiver taken...man am I going to be insufferable if that prediction comes true.

It's becoming VERY possible. You are regularly seeing him in the top 10 now in mock drafts. That was before no Davis 40. Bengals at 9 is a potential landing spot. Too bad old man Davis isn't still around or the Raiders would be firing with both hands.

It's becoming VERY possible. You are regularly seeing him in the top 10 now in mock drafts. That was before no Davis 40. Bengals at 9 is a potential landing spot. Too bad old man Davis isn't still around or the Raiders would be firing with both hands.

As soon as I saw that 40 time, I figured he was going to pass Davis and Williams.

There's no do-it-all option at WR a la Sammy or Amari Cooper, so teams are going to gravitate toward a guy that can do one thing exceptionally well.

I would say that being the fastest timed NFL player in the history of timing NFL players qualifies Ross as having on exceptional skill.

Talented yes...shredded the best D in college for 400 something yards and 4 TD's......I have two kids in college who are plugged into the college social media - the stuff that they don't show their Dads...their take on CK is NOWAY...and my two kids are pretty forgiving and let's just say fun loving...apparently there is enough stuff out there to scare them off....

There's people who STILL want to give Johnny Football a chance and he doesn't have the surname to stoke people like CK does. People don't understand that these kids think there is NOTHING wrong with their behavior. There isn't just uncle Jim giving them a good talking to and straightening them out. CK has never faced real consequences, he flamed out at Clemson and had another D1 program give him a shot immediately. His talent has led to coaches enabling him in both high school and college. How anyone thinks giving him a bunch of money and keeping him in his Buffalo playground surrounded by enablers is going to straighten him out is beyond me. He's not the type of guy McD wants to bring into the building, certainly not at that position. The character difference between him and any one of Watson / Webb / Mahomes / Kizer is night and day.

As soon as I saw that 40 time, I figured he was going to pass Davis and Williams.

There's no do-it-all option at WR a la Sammy or Amari Cooper, so teams are going to gravitate toward a guy that can do one thing exceptionally well.

I would say that being the fastest timed NFL player in the history of timing NFL players qualifies Ross as having on exceptional skill.

I think you are right on. Teams will see Ross adds an element that's quantifiable and translatable. Williams is going to scare some people off due to the history of big college WRs who struggled to get separation. Davis will scare some people off due to the level of talent he faced and his inability to test. I could see both Davis and Williams falling much lower than people think, after all going into the draft process last year Treadwell was looked at as a sure top 10 pick and he fell into the 20s with guys fitting Ross's profile passing him, it looks like a very similar situation this year with Ross vs Davis & Williams.

i think it's more about having complete info and trying to confirm what they see on tape. He's probably a 4.5 guy watching his games but how high do you take a guy like that - not that you don't want him at alll because of that. But is he a top 10 pick? It's hard to make that call without having all the info to compare against everyone else.

40 time isn't everything but it is an important piece of the puzzle for a WR specifically. Need to know if he can win vertically vs NFL CBs. Has he played any? He played in the MAC. Williams has, and he won the matchups frequently. Not that I don't take him, it just raises questions and teams don't want questions unanswered with a top 10 pick

I hear you. Still, that's why guys like Boldin, who played against top competition, last until pick 54. I'm not advocating for doing away with the 40, but just think tape should be the golden standard regardless.

Re: Williams, the reason he won match-ups frequently, from my understanding, is that he wins 50-50 balls, not because of his speed. Totally agree teams don't want unanswered questions, but can't-miss prospects are few and far between.

The difference between Ross and Heyward-Bey is Ross can actually play football. The guy was electric for Washington last year, but that injury history is terrifying.

I hear you. Still, that's why guys like Boldin, who played against top competition, last until pick 54. I'm not advocating for doing away with the 40, but just think tape should be the golden standard regardless.

Re: Williams, the reason he won match-ups frequently, from my understanding, is that he wins 50-50 balls, not because of his speed. Totally agree teams don't want unanswered questions, but can't-miss prospects are few and far between.

Mike Williams is that receiver who is always open. He is such a physical beast that he will disrupt the corner trying to cover him with subtle interference. That's why he has corners near him when he catches the ball. He wants it that way!

Mike Williams is that receiver who is always open. He is such a physical beast that he will disrupt the corner trying to cover him with subtle interference. That's why he has corners near him when he catches the ball. He wants it that way!

The last Mike Williams was the same thing in college. In the NFL he was just a big slow dude who couldn't get open.

Somehow I doubt any WR would prefer tight coverage to being wide open...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.