Bills Release Jarius Wynn and Two Other Players

Surprised about Wynn as well, figured there'd be a camp battle, he's a solid rotational guy.

Wynn was a great rotational player under Schwartz. Maybe the current staff doesn't think he's a fit. The move to OLB made little sense in the first place and since they got Shaq and Adolphus they won't be needing him.

Edited by Big C

I am suprised at Wynn.....I wonder if he was the insurance in case we didnt get an edge in the draft

good call John

Surprised about Wynn as well, figured there'd be a camp battle, he's a solid rotational guy.

Thats what i figured, must be an injury issue??

good call John

Thats what i figured, must be an injury issue??

Could be an injury complication, but I think it has more to do with scheme fit, combined with the drafting of Lawson and Washington.

Could be an injury complication, but I think it has more to do with scheme fit, combined with the drafting of Lawson and Washington.

Thought of that, but wouldn't they wait a bit longer? Like OTAs or minicamps.

The other thing that plays into your comment, is maybe Bills and Wynn agreed he was a longshot

Thought of that, but wouldn't they wait a bit longer? Like OTAs or minicamps.

The other thing that plays into your comment, is maybe Bills and Wynn agreed he was a longshot

The real question is whether it will be the Patriots or Dolphins who sign him.

Believe me brother, I have an eye on that !!

On the other hand he get resigned by the Bills after things shake out for avet min if he has not found a good home yet.

Best wishes to him.

btw how is Carrington doing these days..

If it was an injury issue, would they be able to release him? He tore his ACL in the first preseason game last August. He was placed on season-ending IR.

I know if a player is injured, he can't be cut without an injury settlement and veterans often have injury guarantees in their contracts. OTOH, although Wynn was drafted in 2009 and thus is nominally a 6 year veteran, he kind of kicked around the league, signing with 4 teams mostly as depth.

I think it has to do with scheme fit. I was not happy to hear he was being asked to lose weight and play OLB, because you know, that kind of move has just worked so well for the Bills.

Still listed as a FA. Quad must have healed up.

If it was an injury issue, would they be able to release him? He tore his ACL in the first preseason game last August. He was placed on season-ending IR.

I know if a player is injured, he can't be cut without an injury settlement and veterans often have injury guarantees in their contracts. OTOH, although Wynn was drafted in 2009 and thus is nominally a 6 year veteran, he kind of kicked around the league, signing with 4 teams mostly as depth.

I think it has to do with scheme fit. I was not happy to hear he was being asked to lose weight and play OLB, because you know, that kind of move has just worked so well for the Bills.

Still listed as a FA. Quad must have healed up.

Thanks, if he is healed i wonder if Bills have any interest after dumping Wynns salary

Wynn was better than "just ok". It seemed to me that he was a formidal DE - arguably as good as Mario 2 years ago. Wynn will latch on somewhere & play well.

The most agile OLB the Bills ever had.

I guess all the excitement about his LB prospects was short lived.

Carrington would be a good pickup but I suspect that injuries have all but ended his career. Edited by vincec

I guess all the excitement about his LB prospects was short lived.

Carrington would be a good pickup but I suspect that injuries have all but ended his career.

You might well correct. I was a fan of him.