RD 3, Pick 80: DT Adolphus Washington, The Ohio State U

Beerball

That's where you hope it's just that he's a kid and will grow up. Having some strong vets in the locker room should help.

If it's a character thing (see Manziel), the player isn't going to give a rat's blowhole about strong (or weak) veterans or locker rooms or much else.

Just hope the scouts and shrinks get it right and the kid's mistakes were immaturity leading to bad/dumb decisions.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These were two guys I was thinking they may have gone after instead... Interesting

@nfldraftscout

Sheldon Day is undersized. Two execs I asked about Billings said he just wasn't very good, offered no pass rush

If it's a character thing, (see Manziel) the player isn't going to give a rat's blowhole about strong or weak veterans.

Just hope the scouts and shrinks get it right and the kid's mistakes were immaturity leading to bad/dumb decisions.

it was a single mistake, not a pattern. Edited by YoloinOhio

Interesting that Kiper has getting off double teams as a strength and Whaley mentioned it as something they think he needs to develop.

Not really, Kiper isn't a professional scout or GM, Whaley is.

I know nothing good or bad about this guy, but just based on measurables I don't get it. For DL he's short and small, where does he fit?

Same size at KW

Not really, Kiper isn't a professional scout or GM, Whaley is.

Thanks captain obvious. I was just mentioning that it was an interesting difference in opinion. I was not saying "oh my God look Doug Whaley is crap even Mel Kiper disagrees with him!"

It was just an observation.

I can understand posters not liking the pick because of the guy, but not liking him because of the opportunity cost is absurd. Do posters really think he'll have less of an impact than the 8th OT or the 8th WR selected? Do they realize that that 8th WR selected would be--at best--the fourth option in our offense? Do they know we had the 31st most pass attempts in 2015?

it was a single mistake, not a pattern.

So, does that narrative go something like this? There once was a choir boy. He ate his peas and carrots and helped little old ladies across the street. One day he got out of bed, and (perhaps, see up thread) bought a gun even though his priest/coach told him not to. He was tired of nursing injured baby animals back to health, so he accidentally headed down to the red light district and asked some woman on a corner to give him a blowjob. It'd only take a minute. There was plenty of time before choir practice.

I don't know what this guy does in his free time. I suspect very few people do know. And, yeah, it could've been a one-time thing, or it could've been he got caught for the first time. I have no idea.

Hopefully he gets his act together and becomes an All-Pro for the Bills. And sacks Tom Brady a lot.

I can understand posters not liking the pick because of the guy, but not liking him because of the opportunity cost is absurd. Do posters really think he'll have less of an impact than the 8th OT or the 8th WR selected? Do they realize that that 8th WR selected would be--at best--the fourth option in our offense? Do they know we had the 31st most pass attempts in 2015?

as Kirby said in another thread, he's a poor man's Nkemdiche. DE skill set who can play inside. He will definitely contribute and help this team as a rookie and has a chance to develop into a starter when Kyle is gone.

I was admittedly upset initially because I wanted them to take Braxton instead. Not really because I didn't want the player. But I've come around.

It's a classic Whaley pick that I would compare to the Karlos Williams pick from last year. Enticing skill set from a successful program, overshadowed by teammates, bit of a "past" off-field. could prove to have a lot of value from mid-rounds.

Edited by YoloinOhio

as Kirby said in another thread, he's a poor man's Nkemdiche. DE skill set who can play inside. He will definitely contribute and help this team as a rookie and has a chance to develop into a starter when Kyle is gone.

I was admittedly upset initially because I wanted them to take Braxton instead. Not really because I didn't want the player. But I've come around.

Miller = converted WR who'd be the fourth option (at best). I understand the intrigue, but isn't his immediate contribution debatable for any team, let alone one that runs the ball as much as we do and has a feature 1, pass-catching rb and TE that would take away targets?

Miller = converted WR who'd be the fourth option (at best). I understand the intrigue, but isn't his immediate contribution debatable for any team, let alone one that runs the ball as much as we do and has a feature 1, pass-catching rb and TE that would take away targets?

i thought he could replace the Harvin role and scare defenses enough to lay off Sammy. Whether he really could do that, I'm not sure. But that's where I saw him and was excited about that. It's ok though :) probably better to get a more polished WR. Edited by YoloinOhio

i thought he could replace the Harvin role and scare defenses enough to lay off Sammy. Whether he really could do that, I'm not sure. But that's where I saw him and was excited about that. It's ok though :) probably better to get a more polished WR.

Yep, and like I said, I understand the intrigue. I'm particularly glad he didn't end up in NE. That felt like a nightmare scenario.

But the narrative for what you've described above (and you can see this coming from light years away): so we wasted a day two pick on A DECOY!!!???

Yep, and like I said, I understand the intrigue. I'm particularly glad he didn't end up in NE. That felt like a nightmare scenario.

But the narrative for what you've described above (and you can see this coming from light years away): so we wasted a day two pick on A DECOY!!!???

haha well personally I'd be ok with that if it meant Deondre Hopkins level targets for Sammy.

I think the pick will work out great, as some have said it would be nice for him to be Kyles replacement.. Also, not giving out great info on the guy but my good friend is a HUGE Buckeyes fan (I'm sure there are a couple on this board) that thought this was a very good pick for us. Just kind of talked about how the big names on that defense pushed Washington to the back burner, but the kid has a lot of talent

Thanks captain obvious. I was just mentioning that it was an interesting difference in opinion. I was not saying "oh my God look Doug Whaley is crap even Mel Kiper disagrees with him!"

It was just an observation.

You said it was interesting , I just commented that it wasn't because the 2 subjects are not in the same field and their opinions shouldn't be compared.

So, does that narrative go something like this? There once was a choir boy. He ate his peas and carrots and helped little old ladies across the street. One day he got out of bed, and (perhaps, see up thread) bought a gun even though his priest/coach told him not to. He was tired of nursing injured baby animals back to health, so he accidentally headed down to the red light district and asked some woman on a corner to give him a blowjob. It'd only take a minute. There was plenty of time before choir practice.

I don't know what this guy does in his free time. I suspect very few people do know. And, yeah, it could've been a one-time thing, or it could've been he got caught for the first time. I have no idea.

Hopefully he gets his act together and becomes an All-Pro for the Bills. And sacks Tom Brady a lot.

I don't understand why this is such a big issue. He wanted to pay for a BJ. Big deal. When he is an NFL player , buffalo girls will give him one for free.

You said it was interesting , I just commented that it wasn't because the 2 subjects are not in the same field and their opinions shouldn't be compared.

I don't understand why this is such a big issue. He wanted to pay for a BJ. Big deal. When he is an NFL player , buffalo girls will give him one for free.

I'm sure he could get a box of Alonso jerseys on clearance.

i thought he could replace the Harvin role and scare defenses enough to lay off Sammy. Whether he really could do that, I'm not sure. But that's where I saw him and was excited about that. It's ok though :) probably better to get a more polished WR.

I like Braxton and hope he does well. But seems like the guys that transition from QB to WR turn out not to be all that effective. The only exception I can think of is Randel-El, who was a solid slot guy and gadget player.

According to whaley they are going to draft on position of need moving forward, so the next 3 picks will be something like S, QB, WR or OT

He's Kyles understudy pretty much with the ability to move around on the D-Line. Not a bad depth pick but I could see why some fans got puzzled it wasnt a Saftey, OT, or WR myself included.

It was crazy with a healthy Watkins harvin and woods out there. Now that TT and Watkins have chemistry another deep threat burner WR would be ideal, while letting Woods take the short and intermediate routes and Watkins runs everything from screen to go routes.

LOL that comment made me laugh. nice work. Hopefully we can stumble upon a starting caliber Saftey in the later rounds.

i guess everyone has given up on Goodwin? Third year's a charm...

I like Braxton and hope he does well. But seems like the guys that transition from QB to WR turn out not to be all that effective. The only exception I can think of is Randel-El, who was a solid slot guy and gadget player.

Edelman?

i guess everyone has given up on Goodwin? Third year's a charm...

This will be his fourth.

Don't want to get too off topic, but I feel like pharaoh cooper, if he falls to us, would be a great pick. I watched him at USC have all kind of bums throwing to him and he was still a legitimate threat, I would be ecstatic if we grabbed him today.