Raiders looking to move to Las Vegas?

Raiders coming to Vegas has been a sure thing since last year. The Raiders have a BIG fan base here in Vegas. Add in the fact that Vegas is driving distance from LA and NorCal, makes this move genius. Raider fans from all around will travel to Vegas for the games. Plane tickets to Vegas are also some of the cheapest you can find. I see absolutely no shortage in fan support when they move here. I know fans will be much more willing to travel to Vegas for a game than Oakland.

Vegas is made for the NFL. No other city can cater to the glamor and demands of the NFL. When they finally get the stadium completed in 2020, Vegas will be fast tracked to hold the Superbowl. Las Vegas could also be the city to save the Pro Bowl. The game will still be terrible, but there will be a GIANT turn out of fans looking have an excuse to go to Vegas. VEGAS BABY! This town is made for prime time.

My dream is that they will move the NFL draft here also... They could have their pick of which world class theatre/arena to hold it in.

So when they move, where do they play in the meantime?

UNLV?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders coming to Vegas has been a sure thing since last year. The Raiders have a BIG fan base here in Vegas. Add in the fact that Vegas is driving distance from LA and NorCal, makes this move genius. Raider fans from all around will travel to Vegas for the games. Plane tickets to Vegas are also some of the cheapest you can find. I see absolutely no shortage in fan support when they move here. I know fans will be much more willing to travel to Vegas for a game than Oakland.

Vegas is made for the NFL. No other city can cater to the glamor and demands of the NFL. When they finally get the stadium completed in 2020, Vegas will be fast tracked to hold the Superbowl. Las Vegas could also be the city to save the Pro Bowl. The game will still be terrible, but there will be a GIANT turn out of fans looking have an excuse to go to Vegas. VEGAS BABY! This town is made for prime time.

My dream is that they will move the NFL draft here also... They could have their pick of which world class theatre/arena to hold it in.

WTF??!! LOL

Now I truly regret never visiting BBMB...

So when they move, where do they play in the meantime?

UNLV?

Yeah, they will play for 1 or 2 years in Oakland while they renovate Sam Boyd Stadium to add 15,000 seats(I believe). Sam Boyd(UNLV's current stadium) will be the stop gap until 2020. At that time, both UNLV and the Raiders will move into the new stadium.

WTF??!! LOL

Now I truly regret never visiting BBMB...

my bad, I meant cater to the glamor and demands of the NFL Like Vegas. I didn't mean that no other city can cater to the NFL, just that Las Vegas is the perfect city to take the NFL to the next level.

Yeah, they will play for 1 or 2 years in Oakland while they renovate Sam Boyd Stadium to add 15,000 seats(I believe). Sam Boyd(UNLV's current stadium) will be the stop gap until 2020. At that time, both UNLV and the Raiders will move into the new stadium.

my bad, I meant cater to the glamor and demands of the NFL Like Vegas. I didn't mean that no other city can cater to the NFL, just that Las Vegas is the perfect city to take the NFL to the next level.

Yes, that's the part I thought was ridiculous.

There is no glamour in LV. It's fun for 3 days, then it's pretty awful.

The NFL has no specific "demands" that Vegas would cater to best. What "next level" is hiding in Vegas for the NFL?

The NFL has no specific "demands" that Vegas would cater to best. What "next level" is hiding in Vegas for the NFL?

I think all the poster needed to say is that it would be a pretty fun weekend if you went to see your team play in Vegas and just leave it at that.

I think the point is would you rather go see your team play over the weekend in Vegas or Cleveland? Or Dallas? Or Philly? I'd take Vegas over many other cities for a weekend getaway.

I think the point is would you rather go see your team play over the weekend in Vegas or Cleveland? Or Dallas? Or Philly? I'd take Vegas over many other cities for a weekend getaway.

I would agree. For a three day trip to catch a game, it would be a fun destination.

I think all the poster needed to say is that it would be a pretty fun weekend if you went to see your team play in Vegas and just leave it at that.

I agreed Vegas is a fun place for 3 days without the NFL. Adding a game would make it a fun 3 days plus an NFL game.

But that wasn't his point. The poster was saying that Vegas would bring the NFL to "the next level". No it won't. He also said that the NFL has "specific demands" that only Vegas would serve best. No it doesn't. The NFL is served best by full stadiums and robust merchandise sales and, of course, massive TV contracts. The NFL does just fine in Dallas, Philly and, obviously, Cleveland. Buffalo too.

I agreed Vegas is a fun place for 3 days without the NFL. Adding a game would make it a fun 3 days plus an NFL game.

But that wasn't his point. The poster was saying that Vegas would bring the NFL to "the next level". No it won't. He also said that the NFL has "specific demands" that only Vegas would serve best. No it doesn't. The NFL is served best by full stadiums and robust merchandise sales and, of course, massive TV contracts. The NFL does just fine in Dallas, Philly and, obviously, Cleveland. Buffalo too.

Maybe a 'different' level would be more accurate. Professional leagues were scared to go to Vegas for obvious reasons, but I think deep down they all felt it would be a big thing to have a presence there. We'll see what happens. It won't be boring for sure.

Raiders can say goodbye to Lynch playing for them.

No so fast.

Raiders say they will play in Oakland for two more yrs until upgrades are avail at UNLV, then one or two? yrs at UNLV until new stadium is done.

Skittles(Lynch) likely will not play 3 more years. Even if he does, he likes to party, so Vegas is his type of town.

Edited by cba fan

Oh, cut it out, WEO. We all know what he was saying, and so do you.

Vegas was literally founded as a playground for adults. There are more bars, clubs, shows, restaurants, and whores per capita than any other city in the country, if not the world.

Personally, I disagree with you on one account: I think Vegas is fun for two days, and on the third day you want to GTFO.

Edited by Rocky Landing