NFL.com: Bills #1 need in draft is OT

The team is dependent on the run

The QB needs time to let vertical patterns develop...plus he can be indecisive at times

The future is uncertain for the team's current LT

Defenses have been putting more emphasis on the pass rush.

At least, you can make a strong argument to justify an OT at 19. LT/RT are closer to being interchangeable than they used to be.

I agree with this and makes more sense that many realize.

A lot of people think that a RT isn't that important or worthy of a first round pick but if you can find the talent that can eventually compete at LT then you have to draft him. If this team didn't want to pay Andy Levitre I think it's even more so in giving Glenn 13 mill + per going forward and this year they would have been screwed if they let Glenn leave because they have no adequate replacement or even solid depth at LT. Plus, a top RT might just help that second-year OG develop into a better player.

Anyway, it looks as though the Bills FO might just have a different take on building a better line after watching first hand the impact that an all-pro OG can make for the team. OTOH, It wouldn't shock me to see the Bills draft QB Paxton Lynch only from looking at last years games in which Taylor was asked to pass more than the team ran the ball and he fell on his face. Lynch will need time to develop so it will be Taylor's year to make or break him and again taking money I don't see him being worth 18 mill per like Brocky got from the Texans unless he develops into that elite QB. JMO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is dependent on the run

The QB needs time to let vertical patterns develop...plus he can be indecisive at times

The future is uncertain for the team's current LT

Defenses have been putting more emphasis on the pass rush.

At least, you can make a strong argument to justify an OT at 19. LT/RT are closer to being interchangeable than they used to be.

I would agree, if the OT is rated better than your other big needs.

I would want Kromer's take on the present OL players. I did not like letting go Urbik as a good depth RG maybe C.

OL is a high priority to keep the QB in one piece and have a good run game.

It will take at least 2 drafts to get the right players for Rex's D anyway.

I don't believe we should be drafting a WR in the first unless a fluke gives us a top 10 pick. But when I see people listing how stacked we are at WR, it makes me cringe. We have Watkins and Woods at WR. The rest are just backup/role player warm bodies.

Of the rest, we have Goodwin, if he plays, if he lasts more than 5 plays before another injury. He has talent, but not the durable body for it,or the passion for it. His passion is elsewhere.

The rest, warm bodies. Where is the talent that at least has a high ceiling?

Kujo and Henderson have had their years to show real progress. Use injuries as an excuse, but neither has shown a progression toward being adequate. This is the year for Miller to show real progression, so I give him part of a season more to start showing he gets it. If not, it is time to find someone else. This team is full of warm bodies with low ceilings.

And the owner chose Ryan over a quality defense and shot themselves in the foot, causing that huge gap that needs to be fixed by tossing Mario. Now they need to fix the hole by using a precious high draft pick. It was not about money with Mario, remember he is playing for only 1 million more cap than what we are paying him not to play for us this year. It was all about satisfying Ryan's ego and getting rid of Mario.

We were just a QB and a couple of players away from a decent roster before Ryan. Now we are a team in yet another 3 year rebuild mode again.

One of the few bright spots this year is we MIGHT have a possibility of a bridge QB for the next couple of years and time to develop a QB of the future.

Edited by simpleman

I don't believe we should be drafting a WR in the first unless a fluke gives us a top 10 pick. But when I see people listing how stacked we are at WR, it makes me cringe. We have Watkins and Woods at WR. The rest are just backup/role player warm bodies.

Of the rest, we have Goodwin, if he plays, if he lasts more than 5 plays before another injury. He has talent, but not the durable body for it,or the passion for it. His passion is elsewhere.

The rest, warm bodies. Where is the talent that at least has a high ceiling?

Kujo and Henderson have had their years to show real progress. Use injuries as an excuse, but neither has shown a progression toward being adequate. This is the year for Miller to show real progression, so I give him part of a season more to start showing he gets it. If not, it is time to find someone else. This team is full of warm bodies with low ceilings.

And the owner chose Ryan over a quality defense and shot themselves in the foot, causing that huge gap that needs to be fixed by tossing Mario. Now they need to fix the hole by using a precious high draft pick. It was not about money with Mario, remember he is playing for only 1 million more cap than what we are paying him not to play for us this year. It was all about satisfying Ryan's ego and getting rid of Mario.

We were just a QB and a couple of players away from a decent roster before Ryan. Now we are a team in yet another 3 year rebuild mode again.

One of the few bright spots this year is we MIGHT have a possibility of a bridge QB for the next couple of years and time to develop a QB of the future.

Says the guy who sides with a guy who quit on his teammates and the fans. Cutting Mario had NOTHING to do with ego. Mario made sure he would be cut all by himself and Ryan left him out in the field to show it to the whole world.

Not going to even comment on the rest of the drivel but sounds like we should all hide out in our bunkers like you as it will be a rough year. Yea, right....