Report: Josh Norman to hold out unless he gets 16 mill/yr

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible, I read that the Panthers team is all about team! That there were no me first players!

It is difficult with Norman, though, because he is not that good. He is a zone coverage CB. When pressed in to man coverage he can't turn his hips fast enough, and he struggles like McKelvin on spacial awareness.

he's not worth it.

How will this impact our mediocre qb !!

forget mediocre QB, think Gilmore.

what is scary is there is a slight chance the #1 CB overall could be available at 19. trade Gilmore draft day for picks?

Impossible, I read that the Panthers team is all about team! That there were no me first players!

It is difficult with Norman, though, because he is not that good. He is a zone coverage CB. When pressed in to man coverage he can't turn his hips fast enough, and he struggles like McKelvin on spacial awareness.

he's not worth it.

forget mediocre QB, think Gilmore.

what is scary is there is a slight chance the #1 CB overall could be available at 19. trade Gilmore draft day for picks?

He's not good ? The month of jb hot takes is still rolling.

He's very good.

He's very good.

he's not that good to demand $16mm and it will be to the detriment of the Panthers to have to allocate that much to him.

He is of starting calibre but I truly hoped he would get better than he did in 2015. It was a contract year and he still did not reach his potential. I question whether he can or will in combination with the Beckham and Newton fights. He is a bit of a punk, basically.

$16mm/yr is too much. $12-14mm/yr may be more reasonable.

Its like saying Gilmore deserves $16mm. They're both the same level.

He's very good.

one year wonder i thought??

he's a product of a stacked d line and ridiculous lb corps. they'll draft his replacement this year

And pay him Franchise tag?

Will he really sit out camp ?

he's not that good to demand $16mm and it will be to the detriment of the Panthers to have to allocate that much to him.

He is of starting calibre but I truly hoped he would get better than he did in 2015. It was a contract year and he still did not reach his potential. I question whether he can or will in combination with the Beckham and Newton fights. He is a bit of a punk, basically.

Your Panther takes are really bad. You're that guy who talked about terrible they would be this year. Then the second they lost a game, you were telling everyone how right you were.

Norman is a very good player.

one year wonder i thought??

And pay him Franchise tag?

Will he really sit out camp ?

Take it for what it is worth, but Pro Football Focus (I know) had him as the 4th best CB in 2014. So it's not just a one year wonder thing.

He didn't become "famous" until he started running his mouth. If I was Gilmore's agent, I'd tell him to start talking more. Some fans would then assume he is a better football player.

Gilmore's a lot better, he can actually play man