Preston Brown: "I Need to Take Charge in 2016"

7 things we learned about the Bills personnel plans from the NFL Owners Meetings

At the NFL Annual Meeting in Boca Raton, Florida this week, both Bills GM Doug Whaley and Head Coach Rex Ryan provided an update on the Bills plans – what they’ve managed to do so far, even with serious salary cap constraints, and what they hope to do in the draft next month.

3. THIRD-YEAR LB PRESTON BROWN WILL GET SOME EXTRA ATTENTION

Buffalo’s third-round pick two years ago has played in every game in his first two seasons in the league. Now, the Bills are ready to get more out of Preston Brown

At the owners’ meetings, Ryan was asked if Brown made significant progress on the field through the course of last season when it came to being the quarterback of the Buffalo defense.

“Well no, not really, I think he needs to step up,” Ryan answered. “We handed that off to Manny Lawson, but Preston [brown] to me that, you know that is going to be a challenge. We are going to put a pretty good coach with him to make sure that goes the way we want it to.”

Ryan was asked which coach will work with Brown. His answer: “We will find out, you guys know who it is.” That means Rex’s brother, Rob Ryan, will work with Preston Brown as one of his “special projects.”

Message received!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Preston Brown going to magically find an athleticism that's he's never had ever? Otherwise we are in trouble. Our LB situation is currently the worst in the NFL. Absolutely my biggest complaint about this team at the moment. Bigger than RT, bigger than WR2, bigger than QB. We have no NFL starter quality MLB's

@TyDunne

Preston Brown has a plan in 2016: "I need to take charge." The #Bills ILB opens up... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/24/bills-ilb-preston-brown-has-a-plan-in-2016-i-need-to-take-charge/

CeVKaF3WAAE1Lvh.jpg

Very pleased to read this article by Dunne.

I think i am on record that Brown will step into his role this year and be successful. If i have not allow me to reiterate

I am going to be watching him pre and post snap very closely

I bet its not Manny.....who excelled at running this defense

I am going to say Mario and Leodis

Leodis wasn't on the field.

KW is going to play hard no matter what. If i voted i would say it was Mario Hughes and dareus

edit Bradham too

Is Preston Brown going to magically find an athleticism that's he's never had ever? Otherwise we are in trouble. Our LB situation is currently the worst in the NFL. Absolutely my biggest complaint about this team at the moment. Bigger than RT, bigger than WR2, bigger than QB. We have no NFL starter quality MLB's

He played very well and above his scouting reports year one as a Bill. But i agree LBs are the weakness generally speaking and they are thin outside right now. Brown will do fine. He was drafted to play where he will be lining up. Thumping

Edited by 3rdand12

Can we please stop spitting out this made up horse pucky on Preston Brown

In his rookie year (and it does not matter that it was a different scheme) Preston Brown showed very good sideline to sideline range and was one of the better LB's in the league that year.

You dont lose that....you might struggle because you have to adapt to a scheme change.....but you dont change your physical attributes.

The problems that Preston has have nothing to do with physical ability

I am almost certain I heard on this forum that poor wittle Pweston Bwown was emasculated in public, unnecessarily, by Rex Ryan, and this would have a disastrous impact on an impressionable young player.

Sounds like it was exactly the message Preston needed to hear.

In his rookie year (and it does not matter that it was a different scheme) Preston Brown showed very good sideline to sideline range and was one of the better LB's in the league that year.

You dont lose that....you might struggle because you have to adapt to a scheme change.....but you dont change your physical attributes.

The majority of the defense was much better in 2014 than 2015. Why?

Because we had two very good, very athletic DE's lined up wide, forcing outside runs to take longer angles.

I am almost certain I heard on this forum that poor wittle Pweston Bwown was emasculated in public, unnecessarily, by Rex Ryan, and this would have a disastrous impact on an impressionable young player.

But......Uninformed 1f525.png Takes are fun fun fun!

Talk is cheap...

Why is a player telling the world he needs "to take charge"? Why not just say "I'm gonna go out there and DO WHAT THEY ARE PAYING ME TO DO----YEAH!! WHAT YA THINK ABOUT THAT?!"

Talk is cheap...

Why is a player telling the world he needs "to take charge"? Why not just say "I'm gonna go out there and DO WHAT THEY ARE PAYING ME TO DO----YEAH!! WHAT YA THINK ABOUT THAT?!"

Hmm seems as a whole we always want players to be accountable for their performance. Preston does just that and now you want him to shut up and play.

Hmm seems as a whole we always want players to be accountable for their performance. Preston does just that and now you want him to shut up and play.

I'm pretty certain the only reason WEO visits this forum is to pick fights.

Then be accountable on the field. Don't come at us later and say "next time, I'm going to try harder". That's not they do it at my job. No one cares what you talk about regarding your own performance. It speaks for itself. Isn't that how it works at your job?

I'm pretty certain the only reason WEO visits this forum is to pick fights.

Calling out BS isn't fighting.

Then be accountable on the field. Don't come at us later and say "next time, I'm going to try harder". That's not they do it at my job. No one cares what you talk about regarding your own performance. It speaks for itself. Isn't that how it works at your job?

Calling out BS isn't fighting.

Sure co-workers, peers, and management don't need to hear excuses of pasts performance or lack there of. Preston works in front of millions of fans and is critiqued by many in the public eye, he has plenty of reason to communicate and accept responsibility where it lies. When people start wearing a jersey with my name on the back il start addressing my failures publicly.

Sure co-workers, peers, and management don't need to hear excuses of pasts performance or lack there of. Preston works in front of millions of fans and is critiqued by many in the public eye, he has plenty of reason to communicate and accept responsibility where it lies. When people start wearing a jersey with my name on the back il start addressing my failures publicly.

My point is that there is no need to. It doesn't change the past and has no impact on future performance. How about just show how your game has improved and let everyone notice and comment on it?