Liberal Protests

B-Man

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

1-1 on back to back NFC Championship games and within 5 yards of a SB win.  

In football if you are arguing performances from 5+ years ago you are in trouble. He had two great seasons, but he had two mediocre to poor season to end his career 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In football if you are arguing performances from 5+ years ago you are in trouble. He had two great seasons, but he had two mediocre to poor season to end his career 

Yes and no. The year after the SB his coach was too busy trying to land the Michigan job to try for another SB. Then the coach was replaced by Chip Kelly, a total tool.  At that point the team was a train wreck. Even Wonder Boy wouId have a hard time winning in that environment.

25 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yes and no. The year after the SB his coach was too busy trying to land the Michigan job to try for another SB. Then the coach was replaced by Chip Kelly, a total tool.  At that point the team was a train wreck. Even Wonder Boy wouId have a hard time winning in that environment.

I am still right but the context does offer the question whose fault is it. CK was not good but his coaches did not help him and might have handicapped him. Good points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. It has to do with this culture of punishment that is permeating our society right now. I feel it is reprehensible behavior to try to hurt someone socially, financially, or in any other way simply because they have a different opinion. 

It is hardly acting like someone is being murdered to point that out.

Can you elaborate on what activities are being punished?  Bullets are fine...

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

In most situations, "justice for person A" is just another way of calling for the lynching of person B.

Rob multiple people with a gun by pointing it at their heads, encounter the cops with the gun in your hand and accidentally drop the gun, and then repeatedly reach for the gun... that’s straight out of the Julia Child recipe book for how to get shot by the police. Yet, he’s another “martyr” by the left... maybe they should erect a statue of this idiot so I can tear it down?

• Like (+1) 1

When the memo went out that the feds will not be paying for rebuilding looted cities with mayoral complicity...

(Portland has been doing better since the mayor's house was targeted. The BLM folks still have not realized that.)

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I hope he's okay. I hate to see violent thugs who would savagely beat me in front of my kids for carrying an American flag get hurt.

I understand what you’re alluding to but you know nothing about him.  

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When the memo went out that the feds will not be paying for rebuilding looted cities with mayoral complicity...

(Portland has been doing better since the mayor's house was targeted. The BLM folks still have not realized that.)

...DAMN RIGHT.....laws are on the books to be enforced and if woefully inept, empathetic, elected officials refuse to do so, why the hell should my exorbitant Federal tax dollars go to cover their ineptitude?.....let them go to their constituents with massive tax hike proposals to put their failures on display.....they are YOUR elected officials (COUGH) and NOT mine ....Minnesota's Governor wants $500 mil.......pound Halite sir...... AND,...the next chapter is BILLIONS of dollars in lawsuits against municipalities on behalf of businesses destroyed.....seriously think lawyers will bypass this potential gravy train?......

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Explain.

Easily.  You don’t know who he is. You’ve never met him you don’t even know why he was there. You are painting with a broad brush. This is what we accuse the left of doing. You’re better than that. 

Fire ravages 249-year-old Spanish mission in Southern California

NBC, by Alicia Victoria Lozano

Original Article

A nearly 250-year-old Spanish mission in California containing artifacts dating back to the late 1700s was ravaged by fire early Saturday morning. The roof of the Roman Catholic church at the San Gabriel Mission and much of its interior was destroyed. Capt. Antonio Negrete, public information officer for the San Gabriel Fire Department, called the scene "heartbreaking," NBC Los Angeles reported. Jose Gomez, archbishop of Los Angeles, tweeted photos of the damage Saturday, asking for prayers as the mission begins its slow path to recovery.

People will do what people do. - Nancy Pelosi 2020

Yes, I am aware that the cause of the fire is "unknown" at this time.

But I am tired of 'coincidences'

FTA:

No injuries were reported, and fire officials were trying to determine what caused the fire.

Founded in 1771 by Franciscan priest Junipero Serra, from Spain, the San Gabriel Mission is considered a historical landmark for many faithful in Southern California.

But Serra's legacy remains a flashpoint for many Native Americans and Latinos who condemn the colonization and brutalization of Indigenous populations in the region.

Last month, demonstrators toppled Serra's statue in downtown Los Angeles. In 2016, a statue of the priest in Monterey was beheaded and a similar incident occurred the previous year in Carmel.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Easily.  You don’t know who he is. You’ve never met him you don’t even know why he was there. You are painting with a broad brush. This is what we accuse the left of doing. You’re better than that. 

I think this is true to a point, but unless he was undercover or the video is being misrepresented, meaning he really is part of Portland Antifa, the odds are overwhelmingly high that he's knowingly and willingly engaged in their mission, which is violent agitation in the furtherance of their Marxist movement.

They are one of the most radical and violent Antifa groups. Their history over the last few years has clearly established this. If he's a part of that, I have no sympathy for him.

I'd be more sympathetic to a member of ISIS who may have been converted at gunpoint than to a pampered little ***** that joined a domestic terrorist organization that actively initiates violence against people like you and me.

• Like (+1) 1