Pats wheeling and dealing, trade for Martellus Bennet

FireChan

He is better than average. Look at the 3 years before last and he is top 5. Bennett can also run after the catch and the Pats have had great success with 2 TEs. That's why they went after him. Malcontent or not there is nothing good about this for the Bills.

I didn't want to have debate TBC on his talent, but I agree he's above average.

Yeah, the Pats* offense got better with the trade. But reading reactions here, you'd think they just got a fast-pass to the Super Bowl. I don't think that's true.

They made the Super Bowl the last time they had two talented TE's.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to have debate TBC on his talent, but I agree he's above average.

They made the Super Bowl the last time they had two talented TE's.

They made more SB's without any talented TE's.

Yeah, the Pats* offense got better with the trade. But reading reactions here, you'd think they just got a fast-pass to the Super Bowl. I don't think that's true.

A team that is better than us just improved. That's what it really boils down to.

So?

So they probably didn't make it to the SB because of their defense that year? Meanwhile Doc is referencing SB trips where they got there with a good defense/an okay offense and one of the best total teams of all time, which the Pats clearly don't have.

So that guarantees a SB now?

"guarantees"

Time to put a quarter in your dishonesty jar, Doc.

This is a big move for them. They basically recreated what they had before Hernandez's most recent murder. The tight ends push the safeties and Edleman works underneath. This is one of the bigger additions of the offseason IMO.

This is Cam Cleeland all over again. Bennett is a huge baby and locker room problem from the Cowboys to Giants to Bears to Patriots...getting quite the jersey collection at 28 years old.

Wright was suppose to be great and oh watch out for Chandler etc....

Edited by CardinalScotts

One thing not being talked about is the depth now behind Gronk who has been oft injured. Sure putting Bennett and Gronk in two TE sets sounds fun but this move takes away one of the Pats biggest weaknesses. If Gronk goes down they now have a more than adequate replacement.

Among TE's in 2015, Bennet finished:

15th in REC

24th in Yards

19th in TD's

Somebody will have to explain to me what all the pants shitting is about.

Yes, he played in 11 games.

So explain finishing 17th in ypg...

This...only I prefer panties in a bunch as opposed to shitting pants (but also happy I can say shitting).

Bennett is a weapon. Big cat will get it once he sees the pats crushing souls in the red zone.

Yeah that was definitely an area for improvement for them. :huh:

Not news: The Pats* offense stayed good.

On defense they lost a huge piece. I didn't see anyone jumping for joy about it. So why should we cower in fear when a good offense gets marginally better?

At issue is the degree to which they got better. Count me as someone who's not all together alarmed by it.