[closed]Defense Heavy Mock Draft with Comp Picks using Draftek CBS

Marty McFly

Grade it  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the assumption Wentz, Goff, n Prescott are gone in the 1st n 2nd rounds

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • !@#$ you Mcfly you stole my sports almanac and I hate everything I dont like ****

If we go heavy on Defense and Wentz and Prescott are gone after the 2nd Round here's a realistic mock. I was able to draft all these players using Draftspeaks sim with the CBS Board (Ive seen film on the picks I made in Rd1,2,3,5). "OR" indicates other players I would pick but were already drafted before that round in the sim. Immediate Starting potential: 4 = ILB, DT/NT, WR. S

R1P19 ILB REGGIE RAGLAND AL OR DARRON LEE

Ragland has instincts, toughness and brings a real physical presence to the middle of the defense. At the Senior Bowl, Ragland was heavier, but he still moved well with a better than expected performance in pass coverage. His impressive week of practice likely secured him as a top-25 pick.
In 2015, he totaled 102 tackles with 6.5 for a loss, seven pass breakups, 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. Ragland was a physical force for Alabama and a steady defender from start to finish.
Ragland has demonstrated versatility as he rushed off the edge as a defensive end in obvious passing downs while also showing improved coverage skills in pass defense. Ragland performed well against good receiving tight ends from Ole Miss (Evan Engram) and Arkansas (Hunter Henry). He made good open-field tackles and picked up receivers well in zone coverage.

R2P18 DT SHELDON RANKINS LS OR jARRON REED Ideally A'Shawn Robinson but hes gone in the 1st.

At the Combine, Rankins had a fast 40 time and did well in the field drills. It served to confirm his first-round projections. All week at the Senior Bowl he flashed as a good interior pass-rusher in college, and he showed off that ability by excelling the in one-on-ones. Rankins has natural pad level with a burst to fire his gap before offensive linemen are ready. With his body type, he can be tough to get a hold of for blockers. After his big week in Mobile, some have been projecting Rankins to go in the middle of the first round. He definitely accomplished his mission of making the most out of the Senior Bowl. Rankins was an impressive defender for Louisville in 2015, totaling 58 tackles with 13 for a loss and six sacks.

R3P17 WR RASHARD HIGGINS CS OR BRAXTON or BOYD but they prob wont be there

Higgins totaled 75 catches 1,062 yards and eight touchdowns in 2015. He missed one game because of injuries, but his production was down a lot because of coach Jim McElwain's departure to Florida and quarterback Garrett Grayson's to the NFL. Higgins has good quickness, route-running and hands. He's a polished receiver, but was extremely thin, and that had teams grading him as an early rounder for Day 3. (Higgins gained a lot of weight for the combine, so maybe that was why he ran much slower than expected but with conditioning in OTAS and the Off season he'll get his speed back up and become 1a to Watkins or at least WR3 till he gets used to the pro game)

R4P19 OLB KAMALEI CORREA BS OR DADI NICHOLAS but hell be gone by the 4th

Correa is an edge defender who will have to get stronger for the NFL if he is going to stay on the edge. He totaled 39 tackles with 11 for a loss, seven sacks and three forced fumbles in 2015. His best season came as a sophomore when he notched 59 tackles, 19 for a loss, two forced fumbles, and 12 sacks. The junior's best fit could come as an inside/outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. He had an impressive workout at the combine. (with a rookie year as a rotational player and a season to bulk up and get into Pro Shape he could be good)

R4P41 CB ZACK SANCHEZ OU OR I really like Sean Davis for us but hell be gone by the 4th

Sanchez had 45 tackles, seven interceptions and seven passes broken up in 2015. One pick was huge, as it helped Oklahoma pull off its comeback win over Tennessee. In other games, he had some lapses in coverage as he can be a gambler. That leads to him being beaten sometimes as well. (Robey had an off year but hes a great slot corner that plays with heart, Sanchez can develop into a solid 3rd corner and depth player during his rookie year)

R5P17 S KEVIN BYARD MTSU I also like Mills and Cash but they wont be there in rd5

Byard had 61 tackles, four interceptions and five passes broken up in 2015. At the Senior Bowl, he was decent but didn't impress or hurt himself significantly.
Byard has displayed some serious instincts and ball skills over the past three seasons with interception totals of four (2012), five (2013) and six (2014). He has taken four of his 15 interceptions back for touchdowns. Beyond his nose for the ball, Byard also is a willing tackler despite having a career-low 66 tackles in 2014. He had 106 as a sophomore and 74 as a freshman. Byard has totaled 11 passes broken up across his career.
(We need a INT machine at FS with solid tackling skills and he's the underated one to fit the role, think of Searcy's 2k14 season)

R6P17 DE ANTHONY ZETTEL PS
Zettel is undersized for defensive tackle, but he is a quick interior rusher, for the NFL he has the frame to warrant consideration as a five-technique in a 3-4 defense.
Zettel was solid for Penn State with a lot of power at the point of attack. He totaled 47 tackles with 11 for a loss, four sacks, six passes batted and a forced fumble during 2015. Put more pressure on the quarterback than his sack total indicates. He had a quality week at the East-West Shrine, but is top heavy. Needs to build up his lower body to have a strong base for the NFL. He was faster than expected at the combine. (with a strong DT/NT taking on the double teams this Frees up Dareus to go to 5/3tec DE as he used to play in college and will be able to beast on QBs this year, which allows Zettle to play rotation and develop more)

R6P43 K ROBERT AGUAYO

Aguayo is one of the top kickers in college football history and was a three-time First-Team All-American. He connected on 81 percent, 90 percent, and 96 percent of his field goal attempts over the past three seasons, respectively. Aguayo has a strong leg and never missed an extra point over three years. With the change of the NFL's extra point rules, Aguayo is even more valuable. He is a rare prospect who could go in the early rounds on the third day of the draft.

RP43 ALTERNATE Jaden Oberkrom. (a Blokestradamus found this diamond in the rough, which is more likely to be there in round 6 then Aguayo)

Had a better statistical year in 2015 than Aguayo. Hit a TCU record breaking 57 yarder in his senior year. Was 100% on kicks over 50 yards (50, 53, 57), Had a 60% touchback rate last season, was 21-of-25 on FG's.

Why I didnt draft an OT- we have a strong left side, Woods and Cognito have at least another 2 seasons in them, Miller will be better this year when healthy and I think we pick up an RT in the last week of FA.

Player Stats and write ups taken from WalterFootball.com (parentheses were my comments)

Edited by Marty McFly