Bills fire DL coach Karl Dunbar

CNY315

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he will fit right in with the Ryans...

"In 2010, Blake resigned from North Carolina in the midst of an investigation into players' relationships with agent Gary Wichard,[4] who died of pancreatic cancer in 2011.[5] At the time, Blake was suspected of being an employee and receiving cash benefits from Wichard.[4] On March 12, 2012, the NCAA announced that Blake had received a three-year show-cause penalty, which effectively barred him from college coaching during that period. The NCAA determined that Blake had received personal loans from Wichard and failed to disclose them to UNC, and also misled NCAA investigators.["

Essentially it says "WTF Rex!?!"

Supposedly it comes straight from his agent.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that he got fired on Dareus's birthday.

I would have no reservation if Dareus got to **** can a guy on his big day as part of his contract.

John Blake used to be my neighbor in Durham -- right during the time of the scandal...despite all surrounding him a really fun person to talk football with and genuinely cordial. If it means anything -- the Cowboys basically hired him the day he was available...

Not sure I wouldn't do some of the same things he did for his kids at Carolina money wise. The academic cheating stuff and the over the top stuff with cars, etc. was clearly bad judgement.

Edited by JoeF

John Blake used to be my neighbor in Durham -- right during the time of the scandal...despite all surrounding him a really fun person to talk football with and genuinely cordial. If it means anything -- the Cowboys basically hired him the day he was available...

Not sure I wouldn't do some of the same things he did for his kids at Carolina money wise. The academic cheating stuff and the over the top stuff with cars, etc. was clearly bad judgement.

im not close to the team, but it was widely believed around here that he took the fall for Butch Davis. Followed it pretty closely since it was around the same time as the NCAA investigation of Tressel.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/10/26/john-blake