Move Jordan Mills to OG

Why not, put him in at guard during the preseason and let him compete with Miller. Let the best man win and have a 2nd option if one falters during the season. Miller has not exactly shined and won the right to be the starter based on his in game performance during the regular season.

Edited by simpleman

Why not, put him in at guard and let him compete with Miller. Let the best man win and have a 2nd option if one falters during the season. Miller has not exactly shined and won the right to be the starter based on his in game performance during the regular season.

but, but, but......miller hurt his ankle late in the season which must have affected his play in the first half....(sarcasm)

according to PFF john miller ranked 76th out of 77 ranked OG's

not good

i do not trust pff grading OL's. at all. research how they do a lot of their stats, its amazing. some very knowledgeable folks there but a lot of dolts who don't know football just watch tape and give arbitrary grades each week with no uniformity, etc.

i do not trust pff grading OL's. at all. research how they do a lot of their stats, its amazing. some very knowledgeable folks there but a lot of dolts who don't know football just watch tape and give arbitrary grades each week with no uniformity, etc.

I really feel you could've worked disirregardless into that post....very disappointed

according to PFF john miller ranked 76th out of 77 ranked OG's

not good

The right side was so bad last year that at times they lined up Mills next to Kujo, and I am NOT talking about a goal line drive. When a qb can run as good as Tyrod, it can mask poor line play.

I pay an inordinate amount of attention to OL play during football games. I don't claim to be all-knowing, but from where I sit the Bills were better with Urbik in the lineup than they were with Miller.

In other words, I have no idea what Whaley is doing wrt the OL.

The question to me is, if we are going to give Mills a chance to contribute to this team, why not let him challenge Miller at guard. Does anyone really think he is the best option at Tackle. Wasn't his position at college Guard? He didn't impress me at tackle. Isn't guard considered less challenging than tackle? I'd rather have a player be a decent player at guard than be a marginal tackle.

And for those defending Miller, if he is the better player at guard than Mills, then let him prove it during the preseason. It is about putting the best players you have in the best position for the team.

I really feel you could've worked disirregardless into that post....very disappointed

Lol, totally agree

I fully expect on of our few FA signings to be a journeyman RT. Hopefully an upgrade. The OLine as a whole gets too much credit because of the left side.

Seems like a better plan than mills.

The right side was so bad last year that at times they lined up Mills next to Kujo, and I am NOT talking about a goal line drive. When a qb can run as good as Tyrod, it can mask poor line play.

I pay an inordinate amount of attention to OL play during football games. I don't claim to be all-knowing, but from where I sit the Bills were better with Urbik in the lineup than they were with Miller.

In other words, I have no idea what Whaley is doing wrt the OL.

they move a lot. they move too much for a rookie to simply catch on to, i think. louisville has had good OL for a while, coaching and elsewise.

miller came in with experience, but i wonder how much better he can get after years in that system. from what i have seen of louisville they run a very close to pro type ol scheme. it helps their college boys look like nfl men, a little bit.