Brady Extension, Could play 20 years with pats

17 Josh Allen

Already is. 4 SB Wins AND two losses, with the last two on teams not nearly as talented as Montana's. Never gets hurt minus the 2008 season.

Serious question, do you consider Barry Bonds the greatest baseball player of all time? It can be argued that his numbers speak for themselves, but with all of the outside stuff you would be hard pressed to find a baseball fan who thought that. To me, it's the same thing with Brady.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already is. 4 SB Wins AND two losses, with the last two on teams not nearly as talented as Montana's. Never gets hurt minus the 2008 season.

ok had to step in here....he is still second to montana. Montana had no losses in superbowls which trumps 2 losses. Second, montana wasnt accused of cheating (except by his wife) so bradys last bowl was an asterisk win which in my book counts as less than a win. I give brady 3.9 wins minus 2 losses =1.9 vs Joes 4.0 its still not close. neither player can account for their teams talent aside from their own, so not a factor. Pats D was better than san frans anyway. Pats also lost last game of a perfect season scoring what 14pts? Joe didnt ever even sweat.

If you ever read my post on this youd know only one person can sell his soul and be the "greatest of all time" and Joe did that way before Brady tried.

ok had to step in here....he is still second to montana. Montana had no losses in superbowls which trumps 2 losses. Second, montana wasnt accused of cheating (except by his wife) so bradys last bowl was an asterisk win which in my book counts as less than a win. I give brady 3.9 wins minus 2 losses =1.9 vs Joes 4.0 its still not close. neither player can account for their teams talent aside from their own, so not a factor. Pats D was better than san frans anyway. Pats also lost last game of a perfect season scoring what 14pts? Joe didnt ever even sweat.

If you ever read my post on this youd know only one person can sell his soul and be the "greatest of all time" and Joe did that way before Brady tried.

I have been on tbd for 8 years now and the whole '4-0 is better than 4-2' argument is probably the dumbest, laziest and most contrived argument that anyone has ever made. I knew someone was going to say it. You are saying that Montana is better off for losing in the NFC Championship game (which he did twice) than had he won it and then lost in the Super Bowl. You are saying that Brady's legacy was buoyed this year by losing in the AFC Championship game vs. had he won and then lost to Carolina. Sorry but Super Bowl appearances count. It's why the Bills have eight guys from the Super Bowl era in the HOF. Would you argue that their legacy would be greater if they were 0-0? That's basically what you're arguing. How many guys would we have in the HOF then? The cheating thing is another conversation but believe when I tell you that 4-2 is better than 4-0. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Good for Brady, he's definitely a top 10 QB of all time. was fortunate to play for likely the greatest coach of all time while simulataneously benefiting from years of cheating/rule bending. He also usually had great defenses, at least in the early winning years.

It's going to be so much fun when the wheels finally fall off for this guy and that team.

We all sometimes say "oh he'll play til he's 70 and win every year" but the NFL is full of athletic freaks who are getting bigger stronger and faster every year.

There is a reason why 40 year old guys don't dominate the league. All the smoothies, organic foods, yoga, and rage in the world won't keep Father Time away.

I have been on tbd for 8 years now and the whole '4-0 is better than 4-2' argument is probably the dumbest, laziest and contrived argument that anyone has ever made. I knew someone was going to say it. You are saying that Montana is better off for losing in the NFC Championship game (which he did twice) than had he won it and then lost in the Super Bowl. You are saying that Brady's legacy was buoyed this year by losing in the AFC Championship game vs. had he won and then lost to Carolina. Sorry but Super Bowl appearances count. It's why the Bills have eight guys from the Super Bowl era in the HOF. Would you argue that their legacy would be greater if they were 0-0? That's basically what you're arguing. How many guys would we have in the HOF then? The cheating thing is another conversation but believe when I tell you that 4-2 is better than 4-0.

Got to agree with this. It is a flimsy arguement at best. + Joe played with the greatest receiver of all time. Of course Brady in his later years has played with one of the greatest TEs of all time(& yes I think Gronk is in that converation) so that is kind of a wash. Tough call. We should all agree to call Montana/Brady debate 1a & 1b. & Brady's time is coming to an end & the end is finally in sight. If Brady was smart he would call it a career, nothing left for the guy to prove & he could get out of the game in relative good health.

Serious question, do you consider Barry Bonds the greatest baseball player of all time? It can be argued that his numbers speak for themselves, but with all of the outside stuff you would be hard pressed to find a baseball fan who thought that. To me, it's the same thing with Brady.

Wait ... you are SERIOUSLY equating a guy who did PEDs to a guy who may have been "generally aware" that the air pressure in the football was below spec? REALLY? Are you that big of a homer???

But Montana's main receiver admittedly cheated by using stickum ... hmmm...

Wait ... you are SERIOUSLY equating a guy who did PEDs to a guy who may have been "generally aware" that the air pressure in the football was below spec? REALLY? Are you that big of a homer???

No, I'm comparing it to a demonstrated pattern of cheating over the course of his entire career. Spygate, deflategate, constant manipulation of the rules which have to be adjusted by the NFL during the off-season because they exploited some loophole, etc. "Generally aware" though? Come on man. You are very, very naive. Common sense and logic dictate that there is absolutely no way that an equipment staff would do something like that without direct instruction from the guy who want those balls to feel a certain way. Just because the smoking gun may not have been found, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Got to agree with this. It is a flimsy arguement at best. + Joe played with the greatest receiver of all time. Of course Brady in his later years has played with one of the greatest TEs of all time(& yes I think Gronk is in that converation) so that is kind of a wash. Tough call. We should all agree to call Montana/Brady debate 1a & 1b. & Brady's time is coming to an end & the end is finally in sight. If Brady was smart he would call it a career, nothing left for the guy to prove & he could get out of the game in relative good health.

Throw all that stuff out the window (not that I disagree with any of it). I'm just saying that 6 conference championships and 4 super bowl victories trumps 4 conference championships and 4 super bowl victories. There is no logical argument to the contrary.

Throw all that stuff out the window (not that I disagree with any of it). I'm just saying that 6 conference championships and 4 super bowl victories trumps 4 conference championships and 4 super bowl victories. There is no logical argument to the contrary.

Of course there is, but not within the parameters that YOU have set. Your mind is made up, great, good for you. Just remember determining the best ever is a very subjective exercise.