Awesome Bruce Springsteen show in Buffalo

Hammered a Lot

Bruce and the E Street band played 3 hours plus coming on stage a little after 8pm. A bare bones stage for a sold out arena. The band was tight and did not disappoint. Nils spinning guitar solo and Max's drum solo really stood out. Bruce did the usually body surf from the center of the area to the stage and from the audience brought on stage for Dancing in the Dark a special needs lady. Wow a class act. My favorite was the Rising. I've seen Bruce many times since my first show at Shea's in 1978. My ex brother in law ( who later managed Steve Ray Vaughan , Cinderella, and others) got the tickets and before the show said Bruce was going to be big. He was right.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

i've heard nothing but really good things from this tour. I like Bruce, but am not a big enough of a fan to invest 3-4 hours at a show. Saw him once, thought it was great, but that fulfilled my needs. He is really a musical treasure, even for casual fans like myself.

I had a lot of friends from back there that apparently went last night (based on the FB posts I've seen this morning) and it seems like everyone enjoyed it. One was a little bent out of shape that he closed with "Shout" without playing "Glory Days," but he's a Cowboys fan so I take it with a grain of salt, because he obviously has no taste whatsoever. :nana:

Bruce always puts on a great show - every time I've seen him play he looks like he's really "on" that night and is playing the show of his life, and after seeing about 5 shows you realize it's just par for the course for him. I was never a fan until my wife took me to a show and his live performances really turned me into a fan. I tell everyone to go see him live if they haven't. I'm really bummed that I couldn't get any tickets to his show in Boston for this tour - I've always wanted to see him play The River and it's guaranteed on this tour but the scalpers got all the tickets and I'm not paying $700 for a pair.

Bruce always puts on a great show - every time I've seen him play he looks like he's really "on" that night and is playing the show of his life, and after seeing about 5 shows you realize it's just par for the course for him. I was never a fan until my wife took me to a show and his live performances really turned me into a fan. I tell everyone to go see him live if they haven't. I'm really bummed that I couldn't get any tickets to his show in Boston for this tour - I've always wanted to see him play The River and it's guaranteed on this tour but the scalpers got all the tickets and I'm not paying $700 for a pair.

This is why I will don't see these large venue acts anymore. I pretty much won't pay more than $50 for a show.

BTW Buffalo natives moe. are playing a show out here at The Fillmore. It was a free show and they are recording it for their next live album. Tickets were gone in 15 minutes and scalpers were selling them for $50 online. Nope sorry.

Edited by Chef Jim

This is why I will don't see these large venue acts anymore. I pretty much won't pay more than $50 for a show.

BTW Buffalo natives moe. are playing a show out here at The Fillmore. It was a free show and they are recording it for their next live album. Tickets were gone in 15 minutes and scalpers were selling them for $50 online. Nope sorry.

I couldn't agree more. There was a time when I was willing to spend whatever it took to see my favorite acts, but not that I've "grown up" I have too much else to spend my money on. I just have a problem with the principle of it. Nothing is technically worth more than $50 for a few hours of entertainment. For people of certain socio-economic status spending more wouldn't matter, but for the average person it puts too much of a dent in your finances. It seems like today's musical legends such as McCartney and Springsteen have almost become what opera used to in American society. A way to spend an evening out for middle aged upper class people. Everyone one else is priced out. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

i've heard nothing but really good things from this tour. I like Bruce, but am not a big enough of a fan to invest 3-4 hours at a show. Saw him once, thought it was great, but that fulfilled my needs. He is really a musical treasure, even for casual fans like myself.

This also played a role in my decision in not trying to get tickets for the Buffalo show. I actually only got into Bruce as a casual fan recently. He's a great lyricist and has explored many styles of music. I have a great appreciation for artists of that ilk. With that being said, the fact that he is playing The River album in its entirety also impacted my decision. As a causal fan there are a ton of songs from throughout his career I want to hear in concert. Playing the entire River album takes up a lot of the set. One of the things I love about Bruce is how he changes up the setlist every night. Playing both the classic and his newer stuff. This tour consisted of The River with a few greatest hits thrown in. Being that I haven't seen him before I want to see one of his three hours shows that are more reflective of his entire repertoire. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

For anyone who went to the concert could you tell if this was mostly a local crowd or not? I know Bruce S. has a lot of

devoted fans who follow his trail wherever he goes. Am I wrong in believing that more big acts are coming to Buffalo instead of avoiding the area to head up to Toronto? Just curious and would appreciate some comments and observations.

It sucks when the scalpers with their robo technology block out the average fan from getting tickets. 7 bills for a show, sorry not for me either. They (Bruce)did drop tickets the morning of the Buffalo show and have done so in the past.

After the show I said to my wife and friends there goes our concert budget till the free Canalside or Art Park shows this Summer. Edited by Hammered a Lot

I couldn't agree more. There was a time when I was willing to spend whatever it took to see my favorite acts, but not that I've "grown up" I have too much else to spend my money on. I just have a problem with the principle of it. Nothing is technically worth more than $50 for a few hours of entertainment. For people of certain socio-economic status spending more wouldn't matter, but for the average person it puts too much of a dent in your finances. It seems like today's musical legends such as McCartney and Springsteen have almost become what opera used to in American society. A way to spend an evening out for middle aged upper class people. Everyone one else is priced out.

I go to one or two $ concerts a year now that Im more experienced. When I was younger and had less responsibility I went to concerts all the time. Me upper class,!!!! You don't know me!!!

After the show I said to my wife and friends there goes our concert budget till the free Canalside or Art Park shows this Summer.

And at $50 a show I can do one a week. Especially since I quit drinking. :D.

I have two in March then nothing until front row Red Rocks July Fourth.

And at $50 a show I can do one a week. Especially since I quit drinking. :D.

I have two in March then nothing until front row Red Rocks July Fourth.

Red Rocks concert on my bucket list. Was there in 81 during the day, no concert and even then what a awesome venue.

I don't know he does it. Show after after show. No breaks at all. Truly amazing artist along with max Weinberg drumming.

Vitamins ??? Right It looked like Bruce was wearing some type of shoulder brace. Body surfing takes it toll on you at when your 66. Edited by Hammered a Lot

Red Rocks concert on my bucket list. Was there in the 90s during the day, no concert and even then what a awesome venue.

I'm very excited about it. It's my favorite band by far (Umphrey's McGee) and I have a friend who has a connection that got us tickets against the stage. And that I will spring for ($150) including a flight and I'm buying dinner too.

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenix last night was amazing...Took the stage 7:50 PM and we left at 11:30 PM after Shout!! To which of course I sang Let's Go Buffalo!!!!

It was amazing --

The versions of Point Blank and Drive All Night were just so filled with emotion and then post River --

Thunder Road

Candy's Room

Glory Days

Cadillac Ranch

Badlands

Dancing the Dark

Because the Night

Born to Run

She's the One

Lonesome Day

The Rising

No Surrender

Rosalita

Shout

and probably more I can't remember.

If you can see a show-- do it..

Edited by JoeF

Phoenix last night was amazing...Took the stage 7:50 PM and we left at 11:30 PM after Shout!! To which of course I sang Let's Go Buffalo!!!!

It was amazing --

The versions of Point Blank and Drive All Night were just so filled with emotion and then post River --

Thunder Road

Candy's Room

Glory Days

Badlands

Dancing the Dark

Because the Night

Born to Run

She's the One

Lonesome Day

The Rising

No Surrender

Rosalita

Shout

and probably more I can't remember.

If you can see a show-- do it..

It's the greatest show on Earth!

You're right on Drive All Night and Point Blank................You're lucky to get Candy's Room. I got it in Cleveland two weeks ago - and was no longer on Planet Earth for those 4-5 minutes!