Steps 3, 4, and 5...

Dragonborn10

1. Rollover cap money

2. Restructure Clay

What is the next move?

3a and 3b. I think Mario and Mckelvin both take pay cuts

4. They sign Incognito.

5. Extend Taylor.

Glenn walks. He will want more than he is worth. If they keep Mario they take two tackles in the first three rounds along with an OLB. A trade down adds a WR

Any cap money that is left goes for a SS and another LB.

Step 10 - draft the best PK in the draft.

I think Mario ultimately ends up getting cut. He didn't buy in to Rex's system and I doubt he ever will. He wants to rush the passer, which makes him a 1 down player worth maybe $3-4m. I don't believe he will accept that big of a pay cut.

I also believe that they will get a deal done with Incognito and Glenn.

I think they will get an extension done with Taylor, but it probably won't happen until during the season. I think they will put the framework in place in the offseason and finalize it during the season like they did with Fitz.

I expect their #1 pick will be a front seven player (DL or LB).

I just listened to Whaley's interview on the JMS and I would be shocked if they don't sign Glenn. He seems very confident, just like he did with Hughes. It was totally different with Byrd, where he would say they'd like to keep him but would always finish with saying he won't negotiate in the media and that you can't keep everyone and he puts a value on every player, etc. He literally said about the left side of the line "never say never but let's just say I'm not losing any sleep over it"

He also said more than once that there are some players they would like to "extend to lower their cap number" and they were working on that. Sounds like Gilmore to me. I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the next steps.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I just listened to Whaley's interview on the JMS and I would be shocked if they don't sign Glenn. He seems very confident, just like he did with Hughes. It was totally different with Byrd, where he would say they'd like to keep him but would always finish with saying he won't negotiate in the media and that you can't keep everyone and he puts a value on every player, etc. He literally said about the left side of the line "never say never but let's just say I'm not losing any sleep over it"

He also said more than once that there are some players they would like to "extend to lower their cap number" and they were working on that. Sounds like Gilmore to me. I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the next steps.

Gilmore would be cool to get done now. I think they said graham and mcKelvin were getting restructured

1. Rollover cap money

2. Restructure Clay

What is the next move?

4. They sign Incognito.

5. Extend Taylor.

Glenn walks. He will want more than he is worth. If they keep Mario they take two tackles in the first three rounds along with an OLB. A trade down adds a WR

Glenn stays and Mario is going, going, gone!

Outside of the year with his kidney issues, Glenn has been a top 10 LT in the NFL. Look at his stats. One year he only allowed 1.5 sacks for the whole year. LT's are so rare and hard to find, remember how bad it was when Peters left. We have to resign him, and I bet he'll take a $10 mil / yr if we give him a decent amount guaranteed.

Your right on McKelvin and Graham. I think they take a pay cut more than a restructured deal. Gilmore will be tough so if we have any way of signing him early in preparation for coming up with a possible big contract for TT next year.

I think Mario ultimately ends up getting cut. He didn't buy in to Rex's system and I doubt he ever will. He wants to rush the passer, which makes him a 1 down player worth maybe $3-4m. I don't believe he will accept that big of a pay cut.

I also believe that they will get a deal done with Incognito and Glenn.

I think they will get an extension done with Taylor, but it probably won't happen until during the season. I think they will put the framework in place in the offseason and finalize it during the season like they did with Fitz.

I expect their #1 pick will be a front seven player (DL or LB).

I agree on Mario. He isn't saying, "I REALLY REALLY want to be in Bufffalo!" He is saying, "I want to look like I want to come back because that is good for my market in FA." Before the "I'll take a paycut" talk, he looked like a selfish whiner. Notice that his comments also included demands - the coaches have to come half-way on the playcalling. When has a coach ever welcomed that type of attitude, especially from a leader?

Glenn stays and Mario is going, going, gone!

Truth!

You can scheme a pass rush in Rex's system on defense.

You can't scheme blindside protection and dominant run-blocking on offense.

The Bills have known about the cap situation for a long time. I think the biggest challenge will be TT next year if he plays lights out. If this is the case, what a good problem to have.

If the Bills really want to keep Glen then Mario is gone.

Exactly.

To do list in no particular order:

- Mario is released. If you aren't going to let him do what he does best (and it is a freaking travesty that Rex won't) then you can't pay him close to what he's making now. He will make much more elsewhere.

- Gilmore gets his new deal. He's earned a good one. He can get a huge hunk of cash up front and the Bills can save some cap space this season.

- Incognito gets re-signed

- Glenn either gets re-signed or tagged. If tagged, then try to sign him to a long term deal before the deadline.

- Restructure some contracts or release some players. McKelvin, Graham, etc.

- Draft and FA priorities are outside WR, OL, LB/DE.

- Additional acquisitions should include QB (vet and prospect), slot WR, FB, LB, OL, S, PK. (No particular order there.)

1. Rollover cap money

2. Restructure Clay

What is the next move?

4. They sign Incognito.

5. Extend Taylor.

I think resigning Gilmore will be next. He would get a fat signing bonus but it would still mean saving cap money this year. Plus, we would lock him up for the future.

Lot of ways to increase cap money this year. The Bills have a good team with a lot of good players. Restructured contracts will be the name of the game this year.

I think resigning Gilmore will be next. He would get a fat signing bonus but it would still mean saving cap money this year. Plus, we would lock him up for the future.

Lot of ways to increase cap money this year. The Bills have a good team with a lot of good players. Restructured contracts will be the name of the game this year.

I'm all in for that. He is a star