Scathing article in NYDN on Peyton Manning

YoloinOhio

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMQB

New witness, strange voicemails and more revelations in the Manning/Naughright saga. @RobertKlemko reports

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyton-manning-jamie-naughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail

Doesn't reflect well on Naughtright: "People call me bumper because I have such big....." (she would say while shaking them).

Doesn't reflect well on Naughtright: "People call me bumper because I have such big....." (she would say while shaking them).

Actually, years ago in her civil suit, she said her supervisor gave her that name as a derogatory inference that she was a lesbian ("bumper" of "uglies").

Yeah, straight from a UT employee.....doesn't get any more credible than that. I wonder why UT wants only the Manning allegation removed....does that mean all of the other ones are true or are they just willing to sell out everyone else to kiss Peyton's oft offered moon?

Yeah, straight from a UT employee.....doesn't get any more credible than that. I wonder why UT wants only the Manning allegation removed....does that mean all of the other ones are true or are they just willing to sell out everyone else to kiss Peyton's oft offered moon?

So everyone from UT is automatically a liar?

A number of diverse sources have unflattering things to say about Naughright in the MMQB article:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyton-manning-jamie-naughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail.

I wasn't there when it happened but - of the four who were - only one has said Peyton made physical contact and that's Jamie herself.

I don't think any sport hero is a saint. But - in this case - I'm not sure how much I believe Naughright.

Of course...and this girl who has made a career out of this lawsuit is the salt of the earth and every word of what she says is the absolute truth. Maybe we should ask her what Tom Brady really know about deflated footballs.

Never seen so many people so worked up about a he-said-she-said story (that involved the crime of mooning) from 20 years ago. You'd think it was a manslaughter case given the absurd level of attention from some.

Of course...and this girl who has made a career out of this lawsuit is the salt of the earth and every word of what she says is the absolute truth. Maybe we should ask her what Tom Brady really know about deflated footballs.

Never seen so many people so worked up about a he-said-she-said story (that involved the crime of mooning) from 20 years ago. You'd think it was a manslaughter case given the absurd level of attention from some.

Well, it was all fun and games until Cam Newton inserted himself into the situation....

I think the angle here is the lengths and depths that the Mannings have gone to spin this story over the decades--and manipulate the narrative (which they clearly have done based on sworn testimony given years ago).

Also remember that her second lawsuit only was served because the Mannings thought it was a good idea, years later, to break the confidentiality portion of their settlement and write disparagingly about her in their book.

A number of diverse sources have unflattering things to say about Naughright in the MMQB article:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyton-manning-jamie-naughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail.

I wasn't there when it happened but - of the four who were - only one has said Peyton made physical contact and that's Jamie herself.

I don't think any sport hero is a saint. But - in this case - I'm not sure how much I believe Naughright.

Yes, I think that testimonies that are just coming out now should be characterized as fictional. Secondly, there weren't four people there, there were three and now a new paid Manning eye-witness. If this dude had such important information 20 years ago, he would have testified long before ol' Archie reached into his son's future pockets and settled this suit.

The amount of money now generated by major college football programs means that everyone on the gravy train is morally compromised to keep things rollin'. (see FSU, re Jameis Winston, Delvin Cook or PSU, Jerry Sandusky) In Florida, that gravy train includes people at the State Attorney's office, local Police Department and retired judges.....so do I doubt the validity of some low to mid-level UT lifer-employee coming out and disparaging a woman who dared accuse UT football royalty of wrong doing and in the midst of numerous other allegations, you bet your ass I do.