Who makes the playoffs first?

CommonCents

Dude Jacksonville wasn't even good that day- by Jacksonville standards. Of course they would've won with Taylor. It's not even a question. They got a healthy McCoy back and he looked great. Our defense wasn't even that bad that game prior to the wining drive. They sucked on both sides of the ball. I just think it's amusing that all season long people were like "even Jacksonville has passed us, what a joke we are" and they ended up 5-11.

I have not said Jacksonville passed us - and if you'd read the rest of my post you'd know that.

But I was at Wembley in October and they only sucked as much as us. We sucked on both sides of the ball one goal line stand and a couple of 2nd half drives aside. McCoy who you think looked "great" ran for 68 yards at 3.8 and had one fumble. TJ Yeldon went 115 at 5.8 and 1 TD. Everyone fixates on EJ losing us that game (he definitely played a big part) but Bortles had a lower passer rating. The defense sucked that day - from my seat you could see open Jaguars all over the place running against our linebackers and our run defense was non existent. We lsot for the reasons we lost all season - our defense where so much of our money is played small when it mattered time and time and time again.

Edited by GunnerBill

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but I have been paying attention to the Jags for as much as anyone can. They get no coverage. Anywhere.

I would like to see them succeed. In their division I think it is as likely as anything. The Texans are the best in the AFCS 2015. The Colts have Luck. A top QB can make a difference.

Both teams are equal. Only one has to play NE twice. Jags have a better shot.

Dude Jacksonville wasn't even good that day- by Jacksonville standards. Of course they would've won with Taylor. It's not even a question. They got a healthy McCoy back and he looked great. Our defense wasn't even that bad that game prior to the wining drive. They sucked on both sides of the ball. I just think it's amusing that all season long people were like "even Jacksonville has passed us, what a joke we are" and they ended up 5-11.

Right because we dominated the Titans with Taylor. It's beyond stupid to assume wins and losses in the NFL.

I give credit to the Jags. Bortles was an awful qb his rookie year and they stuck with him. I think he turns the ball over too much but they play in a terrible division.

And honestly, it's more about the Bills. Hard to say we will make the playoffs before anyone else when we haven't been there in 16 years. At this point, I can't picture the Bills playing a playoff game. :(

I don't know why but I have been paying attention to the Jags for as much as anyone can. They get no coverage. Anywhere.

I would like to see them succeed. In their division I think it is as likely as anything. The Texans are the best in the AFCS 2015. The Colts have Luck. A top QB can make a difference.

Both teams are equal. Only one has to play NE twice. Jags have a better shot.

Both teams are currently about equal, I could agree on that. Who would you say is built for sustained success though?

Jacksonville has my attention too the way they have been drafting and piecing together that roster is impressive. If they spend that FA money wisely they could be a factor in the AFC for the forseeable future. Can we say the same thing about Buffalo?

We are screwing ourselves by putting pressure on a GM to make short sighted personnel decisions in attempt to "save" his job. Instead of a foundation for success we settle for patch jobs and cross our fingers for a playoff birth.

Both teams are currently about equal, I could agree on that. Who would you say is built for sustained success though?

Jacksonville has my attention too the way they have been drafting and piecing together that roster is impressive. If they spend that FA money wisely they could be a factor in the AFC for the forseeable future. Can we say the same thing about Buffalo?

We are screwing ourselves by putting pressure on a GM to make short sighted personnel decisions in attempt to "save" his job. Instead of a foundation for success we settle for patch jobs and cross our fingers for a playoff birth.

we have a potential QB to go forward with. they have bortles, an unknown.

we have proven defensive talent we hope to tap. they have youth and hope.

we have a solid ol and RB's. they have youth and hope.

we have much better wr's to theirs.

we have no money, they have tons.

your argument of the GM trying to save his job - i think that maybe just our viewpoint and not reality. i hope its not reality.

i haven't followed the Jags much at all either. From what I could tell they seemed to spend in FA last year. They were one of the trams that offered more money to both Hughes and Demarco Murray and neither wanted to go there. I think it's a poor sell in FA. They won 5 games. They really haven't drafted very well. What is the difference with how they have pieced together an "impressive" roster vs the Bills roster? What makes it impressive if they aren't producing? I'm honestly asking, you seem to know more about it. They don't seem to have many good players in their prime, which is why they don't have any big contracts. Bortles improved his second year, he may end up being ok, but he might be Tannehill with big stats and no big wins. Their LT looks like a bust. They drafted Justin freaking Blackmon at 2 (!) three drafts ago. What do you see that makes it look like they know what they are doing? Did they draft any of those crap corners they roll out there? Or the OL that allowed so many sacks? I don't think it's as terrible of a team as it used to be, but I'm not sure I would call them impressive.

I don't get what "short sighted" pressure is. It's a win now league, not maybe we will win 6 games instead of 5 next year. How long do the jags get? Is this like the 76ers?

Otoh I think they are putting short sighted pressure on their coach, who they had to announce wasn't being fired and they only gave a 1 year extension. Not sure what they are doing with Caldwell.

As far as the foundation for success, they have a defensive minded HC whose defense has been among the worst in the league for years. And they extended him. Not sure what to do with that.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i haven't followed the Jags much at all either. From what I could tell they seemed to spend in FA last year. They were one of the trams that offered more money to both Hughes and Demarco Murray and neither wanted to go there. I think it's a poor sell in FA. They won 5 games. They really haven't drafted very well. What is the difference with how they have pieced together an "impressive" roster vs the Bills roster? What makes it impressive if they aren't producing? I'm honestly asking, you seem to know more about it. They don't seem to have many good players in their prime, which is why they don't have any big contracts. Bortles improved his second year, he may end up being ok, but he might be Tannehill with big stats and no big wins. Their LT looks like a bust. They drafted Justin freaking Blackmon at 2 (!) three drafts ago. What do you see that makes it look like they know what they are doing?

I don't get what "short sighted" pressure is. It's a win now league, not maybe we will win 6 games instead of 5 next year. How long do the jags get? Is this like the 76ers?

2013 they got Joeckel, you refer to him as a bust but I put the high sack numbers on Bortles developing lets see how that shakes out. I don't love this draft but they got contributions from 3 of their picks.

2014 Looks like this

1. Bortles

2. Lee

2. Robinson

3. Linder

4. Colvin

5. T. Smith

UDFA A. Hurns

That was a franshise altering draft.

1. Fowler

2. Yeldon

3. Cann

Fowler didn't get to play last season but he is a beast. Yeldon and Cann both would have looked good in Buffalo uniforms. They have drafted well and they prioritized correctly. High pick on LT, Edge rusher, QB, two second round WR's- one of those would be a top 10 pick in a redraft easily.

Granted they had the benefit of having high draft picks because of their record but their drafting sure looks to me like they have their priorities straight.

Right because we dominated the Titans with Taylor. It's beyond stupid to assume wins and losses in the NFL.

I give credit to the Jags. Bortles was an awful qb his rookie year and they stuck with him. I think he turns the ball over too much but they play in a terrible division.

And honestly, it's more about the Bills. Hard to say we will make the playoffs before anyone else when we haven't been there in 16 years. At this point, I can't picture the Bills playing a playoff game. :(

Didn't have McCoy against the Titans and the Titans' defense played a tough game. Jacksonville's defense sucked that day. It quite literally should've been the easiest W all season.

Didn't have McCoy against the Titans and the Titans' defense played a tough game. Jacksonville's defense sucked that day. It quite literally should've been the easiest W all season.

Or our offense sucked. McCoy fumbled at the 10 yard line against the Jags, which gets ignored. Dareus hit Mariota to force an int to win the game. Against the Jags, they let Bortles go 85 yards for a td to win the game.

You knows what happens if Taylor plays against Jags. It's just stupid to assume. But he throws for 100 yards and is a warrior. The other guy has the most passing yards of any qb this year and is the worst guy in the NFL.

Taylor is the starter because he takes better care of the ball. But my god, the double standards are hilarious.

Jags. I see a lot of people mentioning "If our defense can get it together". My issue with that is it's something that needs to happen this year. NFL rosters constantly change. Quite soon this defense won't remotely resemble the one that was the strength of our team in 2014. Players leave and also decline due to age. If we don't piece it together this year I think the playoff drought continues well beyond 2016. Quite frankly to me it feels like we really had our best chance this year, but Rex ruined our D. We had the best QB play we've seen in years. We should have been in the playoffs if only our D played at the level they should have. Just like so many other things in life, you can't blow opportunities because you never know when they'll arrive again. I'll always view 2015 as a wasted year. I don't see them getting it together this year. I can

see the Jags taking advantage of an opportunity sooner than us who play in a better division.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Jags. I see a lot of people mentioning "If our defense can get it together". My issue with that is it's something that needs to happen this year. NFL rosters constantly change. Quite soon this defense won't remotely resemble the one that was the strength of our team in 2014. Players leave and also decline due to age. If we don't piece it together this year I think the playoff drought continues well beyond 2016. Quite frankly to me it feels like we really had our best chance this year, but Rex ruined our D. We had the best QB play we've seen in years. We should have been in the playoffs if only our D played at the level they should have. Just like so many other things in life, you can't blow opportunities because you never know when they'll arrive again. I'll always view 2015 as a wasted year. I don't see them getting it together this year. I can

see the Jags taking advantage of an opportunity sooner than us who play in a better division.

do you think the jags D will get it together? Gus has that D now for 3 years and it still hasn't been good.

2013 they got Joeckel, you refer to him as a bust but I put the high sack numbers on Bortles developing lets see how that shakes out. I don't love this draft but they got contributions from 3 of their picks.

2014 Looks like this

1. Bortles

2. Lee

2. Robinson

3. Linder

4. Colvin

5. T. Smith

UDFA A. Hurns

That was a franshise altering draft.

1. Fowler

2. Yeldon

3. Cann

Fowler didn't get to play last season but he is a beast. Yeldon and Cann both would have looked good in Buffalo uniforms. They have drafted well and they prioritized correctly. High pick on LT, Edge rusher, QB, two second round WR's- one of those would be a top 10 pick in a redraft easily.

Granted they had the benefit of having high draft picks because of their record but their drafting sure looks to me like they have their priorities straight.

2014 looks like a good draft though Lee has been disappointing, Hurns more than made up for it. I don't know yet about 2015, seemed ok but not difference making like 2014. This is likely a huge draft upcoming for them.

What is option C? I think Jags are getting better, but it won't be easy for them. They have a really young team without vet leaders. Certainly possible they can make it before Bills.

I think the Jags are one year away. I hope this is our year!! But, the Jags have built there team the right way.

A few things:

Yes, they have Bortles, who is talented-but-unproven, two seemingly solid wide-outs, and a decent stable of backs. Their OL isn't good...at all. They allowed 51 sacks last year, which is horrendous. Only 3 teams were worse.

They may have some talent on defense, but they really aren't producing at all. Fowler hasn't played a down of NFL football--not even in the preseason. They were 2nd-to-last in the NFL in points allowed per game...and that's playing six games against the worst division in football. For context, opposing offenses ran over 1,100 plays against them last year...the NFL average was 1,030.

They have some potential, but right now, that's all it is...I'll go with the Bills.

Their poor Oline play is coaching...bahahaaaha

I have not said Jacksonville passed us - and if you'd read the rest of my post you'd know that.

But I was at Wembley in October and they only sucked as much as us. We sucked on both sides of the ball one goal line stand and a couple of 2nd half drives aside. McCoy who you think looked "great" ran for 68 yards at 3.8 and had one fumble. TJ Yeldon went 115 at 5.8 and 1 TD. Everyone fixates on EJ losing us that game (he definitely played a big part) but Bortles had a lower passer rating. The defense sucked that day - from my seat you could see open Jaguars all over the place running against our linebackers and our run defense was non existent. We lsot for the reasons we lost all season - our defense where so much of our money is played small when it mattered time and time and time again.

EJ was simply AWFUL that day...I was there too, and saw our defense getting more and more deflated with each of EJ's turnovers, and three-and-outs... We lost that day because of EJ... Jax is just a few peices away from blowing things open in that trash division... If we do outstanding this draft (QB, WR, DE) we have a chance in 2018, But I really don't see us playing in January of 2017.

Edited by #34fan

The Bills or Jaguars? Sounds simple right? Then pull up a Jaguars depth chart and look at the young talent they have drafted on offense. Bortles is surrounded by weapons. Their offensive line has a mix of young talent and savvy vets.

On defense they have some bright young players in Telvin Smith, Dante Fowler Jr and company. They also are sitting on the 5th pick in the draft and poised to take a lockdown corner. Add into that equation having 70 million to spend in FA and playing in the AFC South.

Compare that to our current cap situation and holes creates by revamping our defense.... Is it a toss up? Being in the East is such a pitfall.

It does no good for Jax to win the Super Bowl. That gives them history in Jax and that would mess up their move to London or St. Louis.

Or our offense sucked. McCoy fumbled at the 10 yard line against the Jags, which gets ignored. Dareus hit Mariota to force an int to win the game. Against the Jags, they let Bortles go 85 yards for a td to win the game.

You knows what happens if Taylor plays against Jags. It's just stupid to assume. But he throws for 100 yards and is a warrior. The other guy has the most passing yards of any qb this year and is the worst guy in the NFL.

Taylor is the starter because he takes better care of the ball. But my god, the double standards are hilarious.

Hes the starter cuz he can be a playmaker, is much more accurate with the football, has much better running, evading sack skills, and turnover ratios are big deciding factors in games. I bet if Tyrod was healthy enough to start that game we would have won, matter fact I like Ej. hes not better then then Tyrod but hes got character and if we didnt get screwed on that phantom P.I call on Robey we wuda won that game so its a meh.