Could John Kasich Be The Answer For The GOP?

3rdnlng

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do as i say,not as I do.What a pompous ass you are!

It's his thread.

Of course, I'm not sure how we got to two pages without the correct response..................

Could John Kasich Be The Answer For The GOP?

No............no he is not.

Edited by B-Man

Great thread 3rd.

Kasich doesn't even list illegal immigration as an issue on his site which is one of the largest issues we face IMO as it impacts jobs for Americans, national security, budgets and culture. For him to not even address this under his "issues" page is a deal breaker for me. Other than that I think highly of him as a competent, reasonable and honest politician.

Great thread 3rd.

Kasich doesn't even list illegal immigration as an issue on his site which is one of the largest issues we face IMO as it impacts jobs for Americans, national security, budgets and culture. For him to not even address this under his "issues" page is a deal breaker for me. Other than that I think highly of him as a competent, reasonable and honest politician.

You make an excellent point. I have emailed his campaign regarding his position but I find it difficult to believe that he could now come up with an answer that would satisfy me.

Do as i say,not as I do.What a pompous ass you are!

You don't post here much and for that I thank you. Maybe you would do better if when you do post you read through the thread and/or spend enough time to understand the dynamics here. Sticking up for gator's antics is on par with defending Jerry Sandusky. This is at least the second time you have attacked me while you totally misunderstood the situation. !@#$ off, you assmudgeon.

I think Kasich is solid with regard to fiscal policy. He was a major player in reigning-in spending and getting the budget balanced as part of the 104th congress under Gingrich, so he has credibility in that regard. Social issues such as gay marriage don't concern me too much, so I really don't care about his stance there. It disappoints me that he doesn't seem to have an opinion regarding illegal immigration - is it because he doesn't think it's an issue or is he trying to avoid alienating Latinos?

You don't post here much and for that I thank you. Maybe you would do better if when you do post you read through the thread and/or spend enough time to understand the dynamics here. Sticking up for gator's antics is on par with defending Jerry Sandusky. This is at least the second time you have attacked me while you totally misunderstood the situation. !@#$ off, you assmudgeon.

Ignore him. He's a right-wing gator.

I think Kasich is solid with regard to fiscal policy. He was a major player in reigning-in spending and getting the budget balanced as part of the 104th congress under Gingrich, so he has credibility in that regard. Social issues such as gay marriage don't concern me too much, so I really don't care about his stance there. It disappoints me that he doesn't seem to have an opinion regarding illegal immigration - is it because he doesn't think it's an issue or is he trying to avoid alienating Latinos?

My thinking exactly after it was pointed out to me that he didn't have a position on it on his website.

My thinking exactly after it was pointed out to me that he didn't have a position on it on his website.

Not that it necessarily matters very much, but he strikes me as being the most honest of the bunch. Wouldn't that be an interesting change - an honest politician attaining the presidency?

Not that it necessarily matters very much, but he strikes me as being the most honest of the bunch. Wouldn't that be an interesting change - an honest politician attaining the presidency?

Wouldn't last two months before he started lying. The system requires it.

Can anyone tell me what makes Kasich too liberal. Please be specific.

I do not believe he is too liberal. He was being portrayed as a big government republican when he expanded the Medicaid roles under the ACA in Ohio. I'm surprised to learn that he does not have a position listed on his website about illegal immigration. Others could be right that he might not want to turn off Latino voters. I honestly do not remember in any of the debates him being asked his position on the issue of illegal immigration, but I could have missed it.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/250489-jindal-hits-kasich-on-obamacares-medicaid-expansion

Ignore him. He's a right-wing gator.

But you've got to hand it to 3rdnlng for coming up with !@#$ off, you assmudgeon. Could catch on here. :thumbsup:

I think he's a pragmatist and knows how to get things passed though discussion, deliberation, and compromise. That's not a popular thing these days. What sells is class warfare, envy, and fear. Victims lionized by the media are front page newsworthy. Comity in political discourse isn't and as such has largely vanished from the public stage. That said, I think he will be the VP nominee. Ohio is too important for any of the other candidates to ignore. He'd help in PA as well. His celebrity is no where near powerful enough to match up with HiLiary.

But you've got to hand it to 3rdnlng for coming up with !@#$ off, you assmudgeon. Could catch on here. :thumbsup:

I think he's a pragmatist and knows how to get things passed though discussion, deliberation, and compromise. That's not a popular thing these days. What sells is class warfare, envy, and fear. Victims lionized by the media are front page newsworthy. Comity in political discourse isn't and as such has largely vanished from the public stage. That said, I think he will be the VP nominee. Ohio is too important for any of the other candidates to ignore. He'd help in PA as well. His celebrity is no where near powerful enough to match up with HiLiary.

More accurately, pragmatism never sells in the primaries. Candidates always seem more extreme in primaries, because they're pandering to their base. They moderate their tone in the general election when they have to court the moderates.

• 1 month later...