Could John Kasich Be The Answer For The GOP?

3rdnlng

I've reached the point where I am starting to do my due diligence concerning the various candidates on the right. I've always had the impression that Kasich was a competent person who did well in Congress with the federal budget and appears to be doing an excellent job as governor of a critical state. I've visited his web site which is linked below and I am aligned with his positions. I think he would do very well in the general election since he is in my mind an affable person who can show real accomplishments. The question that is the most pertinent is: can he win the GOP nomination? Let's discuss.

BTW, please don't engage gator in this thread unless he posts something of worth. We don't need another thread full of his schit and every other posters response pointing out what an asshat he is.

https://johnkasich.com/issues/

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see people doing homework for a change.

Welcome to identity politics though. He sounds like a scolding grandpa. He's disqualified.

I don't know about scolding Grandpa. Commie Grandpa maybe, but I never found him scolding. In every debate I've seen he seems to hold the same position as most Dems. I think he would be a pretty solid candidate for them.

Good to see people doing homework for a change.

Welcome to identity politics though. He sounds like a scolding grandpa. He's disqualified.

I only saw the last debate and bits and pieces of the other debates. I've always been impressed with him and viewed him as a genuine person sincerely looking to make a difference. I chose to look him up first because I had heard several times that he wasn't conservative enough. I don't believe that his positions stated on his linked website are liberal in any way.

I've listened and watched and read his side of things, and the reality that he would not suck as an option.

Could he win at the front of the ticket? Doubtful.

Could he help as VP? Absolutely. He has a 60% approval in Ohio, and last I checked, you need Ohio pretty badly.

That said, the minute Hillary gets the coronation, the GOP will need a woman on the ticket...particularly one who can kick the ass of whomever Hillary picks as VP. You have to figure Hill wants a namby-pamby VP who will stay out of her way but who can complete a full sentence without drooling. She also needs someone farther left so she doesn't have to pretend she's a progressive anymore. Julian Castro? Corey Booker?

That would mean the GOP would need on the VP ticket a Condi Rice, Susan Martinez or Nicki Haley...any of whom could kick the crap out of a progressive in a debate.

Edited by LABillzFan

I've listened and watched and read his side of things, and the reality that he would not suck as an option.

Could he win at the front of the ticket? Doubtful.

Could he help as VP? Absolutely. He has a 60% approval in Ohio, and last I checked, you need Ohio pretty badly.

That said, the minute Hillary gets the coronation, the GOP will need a woman on the ticket...particularly one who can kick the ass of whomever Hillary picks as VP. You have to figure Hill wants a namby-pamby VP who will stay out of her way but who can complete a full sentence without drooling. She also needs someone farther left so she doesn't have to pretend she's a progressive anymore. Julian Castro? Corey Booker?

That would mean the GOP would need on the VP ticket a Condi Rice, Susan Martinez or Nicki Haley...any of whom could kick the crap out of a progressive in a debate.

I think the GOP needs proven competence on the ticket along with a little likability. That person also has to have the willingness to call it like it is. I could see Kasich being viewed very favorably over Clinton when he compares her accomplishments with his (something Romney failed to do with Obama). The GOP candidate cannot be afraid to take it to Hillary just because she is a woman. It doesn't need a woman on the ticket for some faux "balancing". Some people would still vote for Hillary if she beheaded Bill on The View and made it part of her campaign. We don't care about them. We need the ones that can be convinced by competence and logic.

Explain in a coherent, well thought out manner or stay the hell out of this thread.

He is too liberal for your side to accept. He might even have a chance to win general election but won't get by his own party's nominators.

And you can't keep people out of threads

Explain in a coherent, well thought out manner or stay the hell out of this thread.

I thought we weren't engaging him?

Dammit, I actually choose to acquiesce to your request, and then you go ahead and engage him? You're just stealing my cat toy. !@#$ you, man.

Dammit, I actually choose to acquiesce to your request, and then you go ahead and engage him? You're just stealing my cat toy. !@#$ you, man.

Ha ha, sort of like how you invented the word "idiot"?

You are in some sort of delusional haze. Drugs? Alcohol?

Ah, here's the caveat. His response was not necessarily his usual nonsense so I asked him to explain in a coherent, well thought out manner. Let's encourage him to do that and then shun him when he refuses to do so. He says that I can't keep him out of threads and for once he is right. But, if he doesn't strive to become a better poster his asshattery will eventually get him a permanent vacation and you will be out of your cat toy. No problem though, lyrbob and truth on hold (jtsp) are still available.

He was very weak in his response to the Obama administration's attack on Religious Liberty, he called it "no big deal"

He began beating the drum for “respecting” the Supreme Court’s Gay marriage ruling two months before it was handed down, reiterating this sole point in interviews after the Obergefell decision, refusing to criticize both its result and its flawed legal reasoning.

Kasich is not an evil person or a doctrinaire liberal. But like too many members of the Republican establishment, he seems at best oblivious to the increasing threat of a culturally authoritarian “illiberal left” that liberals are even beginning to recognize

Like Huntsman, and like McCain before him, he thinks he can win the nomination by cobbling together country club Republicans, unaffiliated moderates, and Democrats bored by the coronation of Hillary Clinton. What he is either too stupid to realize, or too consumed by ego to contemplate, is that coalition will not win a general election because it is dependent upon Clinton-inclined voters.

This is why he is being touted.