Who really Billieves in Tyrod Taylor? Apparently BN does...

Marty McFly

Based on his play and development from week 1 to week 17 this season Who really Billieves in Tyrod Taylor enough NOT to take a QB in the 1st round and go Defense instead? As the future or as an interim to the next "Kelly" type franchise guy?
Apparently Jay Skurski of the Buffalo news throws him a vote of confidence.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/02/power-take-taylors-play-means-bills-do-not-need-to-pick-up-qb-early/

Edited by Marty McFly

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no QB worth a 1st round pick this year and to reach for a EJ or a JP would be a monumental mistake.

I agree but we're not taking one in the first round. Whaley has already stated that we're drawing a developmental QB. Personally I don't like any QB coming out of this year's draft but if I were to draft one late in this year's draft, it would be Hogan or Driskel.

Skurski is the same guy who asked EJ at Super bowl radio row two years ago after his rookie year if the Bills should draft a QB in the 1st round. When EJ asked him "what do you think?" Skurski said he thought they should. Tim Graham endorsed. So, guess Jay is a much bigger fan of TT's first season.

From listening to the podcast, I thought it was the other way around, Graham had asked EJ the question?? Was Jay even around two years ago??

Skurski is the same guy who asked EJ at Super bowl radio row two years ago after his rookie year if the Bills should draft a QB in the 1st round. When EJ asked him "what do you think?" Skurski said he thought they should. Tim Graham endorsed. So, guess Jay is a much bigger fan of TT's first season.

From listening to the podcast, I thought it was the other way around, Graham had asked EJ the question?? Was Jay even around two years ago??

i will need to revisit the epic thread (it was a good one) but I think it was Skurski who asked the question. They were both there.

Based on his play and development from week 1 to week 17 this season Who really Billieves in Tyrod Taylor enough NOT to take a QB in the 1st round and go Defense instead? As the future or as an interim to the next "Kelly" type franchise guy?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/02/power-take-taylors-play-means-bills-do-not-need-to-pick-up-qb-early/

Fact: There isn't a franchise QB in every draft. Most everything I've read says that all QBs in the draft this year would benefit from sitting a few years. If that is the case, do you want to do that with a 1st round pick, or do you want to do that with a 3rd round pick?

You can have your doubts that TT is the franchise guy and be of the belief that the Bills shouldn't take a QB in the first round.

Yep. For the record I am of the Draft LB, DLine or S and OT in the 1st 3 rounds this year.

Edited by Marty McFly

My pops always used to say the best time to buy a car is when you don't urgently need one.

Look around if see you see one with potential that isn't too expensive ( picks or contract) pick em up. Meanwhile you've got a solid starter to build around. It's sadly the best situation they've had at QB since Bledsoe

My pops always used to say the best time to buy a car is when you don't urgently need one.

Look around if see you see one with potential that isn't too expensive ( picks or contract) pick em up. Meanwhile you've got a solid starter to build around. It's sadly the best situation they've had at QB since Bledsoe

Thats not a bad thought process. Although I think we need start ready LB,Dline, RT before a QB in the draft. Doesnt mean we shouldnt draft one but this years draft strength is in DLine and a few good LBs and Safteys.

Look, at this point nobody really knows for sure what his ceiling will be, but like others are

saying, and in my eyes, he has done enough to at least warrant confidence.

I personally believe that TT is out guy and is going to keep developing into the franchise

QB that this team desperately needs!

Ryan L Billz is president of his fan club. You should ask him what he thinks.

Yeah I think we all know where this thread is heading. Here's what I think:

I am optimistic about Taylor.

That being said, I would not be shocked if he regresses in year 2 and it becomes clear he is not the answer.

But I think this team is very talented and I absolutely think Taylor is/will be at least good enough to get this team to the playoffs if Rex can get the defense in check. Ideally, I want a LB in Round 1- inside or out, we need both.

Is Taylor ever going to be a top 5 QB? I don't know, probably not. Top 10, maybe. Top 15? I think he might already be. And it's entirely ignorant to think that with a whole offseason as the starter that he can't improve. Listen, I don't know if we'll ever win a Super Bowl with the guy but at this point, I just want to make the playoffs. And he can certainly get us there.

Oh and P.S. to the strangely and abnormally anti-Taylor posse who call him out for falling short of the payoffs this year- he'd be playing on Sunday if he was the Broncos' QB this year. Easily. Give Rex a year to see if he can make this "scheme" I keep hearing about function the way it did in NY. If he can, we'll be just fine with Tyrod Taylor as our QB.

The Buffalo News has been a rag for quite some time, so I'm not really sure I care what they think about Tyrod and whether they think he's a franchise guy or not. There's some simple truths for me that suggest that there's a very small likelihood that the Bills will be drafting a quarterback until at least the 3rd or 4th round, and that it will be a developmental backup only.

1 - The top 2 prospects, possibly top 3 will be gone when they draft in the first round. I don't doubt that a Paxton Lynch could fall to them in the first round, but Goff and Wentz are as good as gone. Cleveland is parting ways with Johnny drinky drink, leaving them with Austin Davis. I'm almost 100% certain they're drafting either Goff or Wentz. After that you have teams like Dallas, San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles picking before the Bills. Even if you assume just one more is picked, do the Bills take the THIRD best QB on the board?

2 - This team came together in Rex's first year as head coach. Tyrod won the starting job over Manuel and Cassel. Does anyone think the front office wants to intentionally create yet another quarterback controversy? Barring injury, Tyrod will be the starter and we'll know this early and often based on preseason reps.

3 - The Bills basically have 4 positions that they need to address from the standpoint of starters. DE/DT needs to be addressed with Mario being up in the air. Aaron Williams is "back", but can he make it an entire season? Corey Graham is not a good option at safety and they need better play at ILB and OLB. Some would say they can address this in free agency, but I don't see the money being there to do that. More likely at least 2 of those positions will be addressed in the draft and early. They after all need starters, not developmental players.