The people vs OJ

CountryCletus

I wonder how much of those Fuhrman tapes made it into the public. My only memory - and it seems a lot of people - was of the perjury part. I remember thinking come on, the guy was caught once saying the n word and that is what is getting OJ off.............After seeing this show, there was a lot more than just those two sentences allowed in court!

indeed, Furman was definitely a hardcore racist, can't believe he still works in TV

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much of those Fuhrman tapes made it into the public. My only memory - and it seems a lot of people - was of the perjury part. I remember thinking come on, the guy was caught once saying the n word and that is what is getting OJ off.............After seeing this show, there was a lot more than just those two sentences allowed in court!

I am ashamed to say, I was pretty obsessed with this case at the time...used to set the VCR for 6 hours every day on Court TV (remember that!). Quite a bit of the Fuhrman tapes did make it out to the public...a lot made it to the public. The question was always how aware the jury was of some of this stuff. Many of the most dramatic moments didn't take place in front of the jury. But, and they alluded to it in a small way a time or two in the show, there was always a sense that the sequestered jury wasn't as sheltered as they were alleged to have been, from outside sources.

That's exactly what I thought. WTF is Fox doing him having him on as some of expert?!?

Well...you know...FOX! :w00t:

Another thing:

ESPN 30 for 30 OJ Simpson trailer:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a43770/oj-made-in-america-trailer/

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere... but this looks like it is going to be fantastic...trailer for the upcoming

7 hour ESPN 30 for 30, about OJ Simpson. Initially I had heard that it would spend a substantial amount of time on his years in Buffalo, but can't help but notice here, and on the FX series, the lack of references to the Bills, or the NFL. Almost as if the Bills are just a footnote in his story...oh well, looks pretty engrossing either way!

Edited by Buftex

Another thing:

ESPN 30 for 30 OJ Simpson trailer:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a43770/oj-made-in-america-trailer/

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere... but this looks like it is going to be fantastic...trailer for the upcoming

7 hour ESPN 30 for 30, about OJ Simpson. Initially I had heard that it would spend a substantial amount of time on his years in Buffalo, but can't help but notice here, and on the FX series, the lack of references to the Bills, or the NFL. Almost as if the Bills are just a footnote in his story...oh well, looks pretty engrossing either way!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185859-espn-30-for-30-oj-made-in-america/page-1

I am ashamed to say, I was pretty obsessed with this case at the time...used to set the VCR for 6 hours every day on Court TV (remember that!). Quite a bit of the Fuhrman tapes did make it out to the public...a lot made it to the public. The question was always how aware the jury was of some of this stuff. Many of the most dramatic moments didn't take place in front of the jury. But, and they alluded to it in a small way a time or two in the show, there was always a sense that the sequestered jury wasn't as sheltered as they were alleged to have been, from outside sources.

Were the tapes as bad as they were on the show? I assume they were - because everything else I knew about seemed to be portrayed quite accurately.

Did you end up liking the show - early on you were not a fan

indeed, Furman was definitely a hardcore racist, can't believe he still works in TV

My first realization that he was in fact still employed as a talking head was during the riots in Illinois and I about shat myself. I honestly thought at first he was some "legal expert" with a coincidental, but unfortunate name, then I realized it was in fact HIM.

Sometimes I feel like the big network news channels have no self-awareness whatsoever.

On topic: I loved the show on FX because to me it was so over-the-top with the acting of Cuba, Travolta, et al. The first two or three episodes I was cracking up because Cuba was basically screaming all his dialogue and Travolta throughout had this air of "flamboyance" or something I can't put my finger on, but it was awesome.

The 30 for 30 looks like it's going to be fantastic.

My first realization that he was in fact still employed as a talking head was during the riots in Illinois and I about shat myself. I honestly thought at first he was some "legal expert" with a coincidental, but unfortunate name, then I realized it was in fact HIM.

Sometimes I feel like the big network news channels have no self-awareness whatsoever.

On topic: I loved the show on FX because to me it was so over-the-top with the acting of Cuba, Travolta, et al. The first two or three episodes I was cracking up because Cuba was basically screaming all his dialogue and Travolta throughout had this air of "flamboyance" or something I can't put my finger on, but it was awesome.

The 30 for 30 looks like it's going to be fantastic.

they know what they are doing; he's there for shock value and to create race baiting and tension.

Were the tapes as bad as they were on the show? I assume they were - because everything else I knew about seemed to be portrayed quite accurately.

Did you end up liking the show - early on you were not a fan

Yes, the tapes were that bad. When you followed the stuff on tv, when it was live, it was sometimes hard to lose track of what the jury was hearing and not hearing in the court room. And, I am in no way trying to defend Mark Fuhrman...but his defenders at the time, as I remember, made the argument that Fuhrman had initiated his own re-hab, because he realized that his work as an officer had warped his perception of minorities. So, at the time of the Brown/Goldman murders, he had his issues under control...take that for what it is worth.

I did watch the show, and I really liked some things about it. I think, maybe though, it tried to do too much... and it was a little uneven. Too many perspectives...I hated those scenes (and there were quite a few of them) where something would happen in the trial, and they would just show a bunch of black people in "the club", reacting...

The strong suit of the show were when they focused on Clark, Darden and Cochran...and I'll say it....Davis Schwimmer was pretty good too.

Side note: I read a recent interview with Marcia Clark (who I have always liked), and she said something pretty interesting about Robert Kardashian. She said that she could tell, early on the trial, that he had real doubts about OJ, and she had total empathy for him. She also said, she ran in to him about 3 times, after the trial, and before his death, and each time, he was incredibly cordial toward her...almost like he wanted to say "I am so sorry", without saying it.

Edited by Buftex

Side note: I read a recent interview with Marcia Clark (who I have always liked), and she said something pretty interesting about Robert Kardashian. She said that she could tell, early on the trial, that he had real doubts about OJ, and she had total empathy for him. She also said, she ran in to him about 3 times, after the trial, and before his death, and each time, he was incredibly cordial toward her...almost like he wanted to say "I am so sorry", without saying it.

I read that somewhere too Buftex and I walked away feeling the same way. Schwimmer I thought did a good job as well and he actually channeled that "I'm sorry" sentiment in his portrayal in the last couple episodes. That said, Schwimmer seems to be typecast as the sympathetic victim of circumstance guy quite a bit.

I read that somewhere too Buftex and I walked away feeling the same way. Schwimmer I thought did a good job as well and he actually channeled that "I'm sorry" sentiment in his portrayal in the last couple episodes. That said, Schwimmer seems to be typecast as the sympathetic victim of circumstance guy quite a bit.

Schwimmer has a new series coming to AMC in May called Feed The Beast....it looks pretty good

CBF

Yes, the tapes were that bad. When you followed the stuff on tv, when it was live, it was sometimes hard to lose track of what the jury was hearing and not hearing in the court room. And, I am in no way trying to defend Mark Fuhrman...but his defenders at the time, as I remember, made the argument that Fuhrman had initiated his own re-hab, because he realized that his work as an officer had warped his perception of minorities. So, at the time of the Brown/Goldman murders, he had his issues under control...take that for what it is worth.

I did watch the show, and I really liked some things about it. I think, maybe though, it tried to do too much... and it was a little uneven. Too many perspectives...I hated those scenes (and there were quite a few of them) where something would happen in the trial, and they would just show a bunch of black people in "the club", reacting...

The strong suit of the show were when they focused on Clark, Darden and Cochran...and I'll say it....Davis Schwimmer was pretty good too.

It's just insane that those tapes showed up. My memory was just that somebody had him on tape saying the n word and therefore contradicting him on the stand. But, to have them be that bad - holy crap - that was as Cochrane said "manna from heaven" for the defense.

After an episode or two of looking at Schwimmer as Ross, I really started liking him as Kardashian. I no longer was seeing Ross.

He made me change my thinking about Kardashian - before he was this ahole who hid the murder weapon and spawned an evil empire. Now, he seemed like the only one with a conscience.

However, what was in the bag?!?!?

That's exactly what I thought. WTF is Fox doing him having him on as some of expert?!?

Fox once had the patriarch of Duck Dynasty on one of their shows and asked him questions about foreign affairs. When he was asked questions about the Middle East he made the comment that those countries were in turmoil because they didn't accept Jesus Christ as their leader.

Fox had a person who was a regular go to guest expert on foreign and security issues. That guy was a fraud who ended up being arrested.

http://intelctweekly.blogspot.com/2015/10/fake-conservative-fox-news-ct-expert.html