NFL Live: Bills teams worst Super Bowl opponents as per Jaws

KDIGGZ

Yep. I loved that 1980 squad...still one of my favorite Bills teams of all-time. They finally ended "0 for the '70s" against Miami on opening day & their 'Bermuda Triangle' defense was awesome. Fergy's gimpy ankle had just as much to do with that playoff loss to SD as anything, IMO...really limited the offense. I really believe that they would've been the Super Bowl XV champions...but we'll never know. What a crushing loss.

As far as bad SB opponents go, Denver in Super Bowl XXIV was pretty pathetic. 55-10 losers, down 41-3 at one point, & never really in the game. Oof.

that loss has bothered me to this day, more crushing than "wide right" for the mere fact that the team jelled from that opening victory over miami and the kelly bills , greatest of all time certainly, was expected to win, we had confidence, those 80 bills finally made us "talkin proud" after a decade of futility.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone has mentioned the 2008 Cardinals 9-7 427 PF 426 PA in regular season or the 1979 Rams also 9-7.

My money is still on the 94 Chargers though!

Yeah but I feel like by the time that Cardinals team made the Super Bowl that they were a formidable foe. Plus it was a hell of a game so I wouldn't really consider them. I think to be considered you have to have been an average regular season team AND get smoked in the game.

Yeah but I feel like by the time that Cardinals team made the Super Bowl that they were a formidable foe. Plus it was a hell of a game so I wouldn't really consider them. I think to be considered you have to have been an average regular season team AND get smoked in the game.

Yea - that team played a hell of a game in the Superbowl.