Unrestricted Free Agents for 2016

Uffalo Ills

Don't know if anyone has suggested this yet but what about trying to add Nick Fairly if they can get a few million from Glenn and Gilmore extensions? He has been more of a 4-3 guy but is coming off probably his best year. He was an ultra talented prospect coming out. If you could get him for say 2 years $10M with $6M guaranteed what would your thoughts be?

I am just throwing this out there because it was a little scary looking at that front 7 depth chart the other day. Adding another talented player takes a little pressure off of them. They will still need to draft 2 front 7 players in the first few rounds I think.

Fairley met with the Patriots a few days ago.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone has suggested this yet but what about trying to add Nick Fairly if they can get a few million from Glenn and Gilmore extensions? He has been more of a 4-3 guy but is coming off probably his best year. He was an ultra talented prospect coming out. If you could get him for say 2 years $10M with $6M guaranteed what would your thoughts be?

I am just throwing this out there because it was a little scary looking at that front 7 depth chart the other day. Adding another talented player takes a little pressure off of them. They will still need to draft 2 front 7 players in the first few rounds I think. W

why do that in a year where starting DL talent looks like its running 3 rounds deep?

The whole idea of the draft helping us is we aquire talent for cheap while giving our free agent money to guys like TT, GIlmore, and Glenn

why do that in a year where starting DL talent looks like its running 3 rounds deep?

The whole idea of the draft helping us is we aquire talent for cheap while giving our free agent money to guys like TT, GIlmore, and Glenn

Because right now our starting front 7 is: KW, MD, Corbin Bryant, Lawson, Steward, Brown, and Hughes. If you could add someone like Darron Lee at 19 (as an example) and bump Bryant and Steward or Lawson to reserve players you are much better.

They could do something like Lee (LB), Shepard (WR), Fackrell (EDGE) and now be in a much better place. If you extend both Glenn and Gilmore you have the room to do Fairley on the deal that I proposed. Then come back in the 5th or 6th and try to get DJ Reader (NT). Your front 7 is much improved from where they are today in that scenario

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Because right now our starting front 7 is: KW, MD, Corbin Bryant, Lawson, Steward, Brown, and Hughes. If you could add someone like Darron Lee at 19 (as an example) and bump Bryant and Steward or Lawson to reserve players you are much better.

They could do something like Lee (LB), Shepard (WR), Fackrell (EDGE) and now be in a much better place. If you extend both Glenn and Gilmore you have the room to do Fairley on the deal that I proposed. Then come back in the 5th or 6th and try to get DJ Reader (NT). Your front 7 is much improved from where they are today in that scenario

Sign me up for that right now.

I don't think you'll get Fackrell in the 3rd, but I like the plan.

I also think Reader will be one of Buffalo's 4th round picks--call it a gut feeling.

I guess it really is a matter of opinion

We could take a guy like Lee......take one of these really good DL coming out.....and go a multiple of ways in the 3rd round (I would go OT)

We have NINE Wide Receivers on this roster right now....and brought in a big blocking WR for a workout yesterday......

If we need to draft a speed WR I bet there will someone available in the 4th round

Then you have a guy like Fairly....who played well in a contract year.....and we want to give him that coin? Id rather just role it over. We extended meatball.....they have been bringing along Corbin Bryant and he appears to be getting better year by year.

I like DJ Reader also

Edited by John from Hemet

I am just throwing this out there because it was a little scary looking at that front 7 depth chart the other day. Adding another talented player takes a little pressure off of them. They will still need to draft 2 front 7 players in the first few rounds I think.

at least 2 imo

I also think Reader will be one of Buffalo's 4th round picks--call it a gut feeling.

you and that DJ Reader :D

Just throwing it out as a hypothetical. I like Reader quite a bit too. He's a great fit in Rex's system. The front 7 is thin. In my scenario you have Shepard as your #2 WR, Fairley & Lee starting with Reader playing some running downs. Steward / Tarpley become depth and Fackrell can either be used situationally or send Lawson to depth. That draft and signing isn't that crazy IMO and I think that the team would be in a much better place with it.

I don't trust Fairley.

I sure wish they'd get Karlos Dansby though.

Rookie DL can make an impact in RR D and there are a lot of them so you can get the BPA and fill a need there.

I don't trust Fairley.

I sure wish they'd get Karlos Dansby though.

Rookie DL can make an impact in RR D and there are a lot of them so you can get the BPA and fill a need there.

agreed, on all three counts

Pot Roast sighting!

@RapSheet

The #Patriots are hosting DT @MisterRoast98 today, source said. With Nick Fairley off the board, they moved quickly #PotRoast

@RapSheet

For Jared Cook & #Packers, it's a 1-year deal worth $3.6M, source said. Hope is, as with FAs this time of year, to kill it & sign long-term

@AdamSchefter

Former Texans RB Arian Foster is scheduled to visit the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, per source.