Unrestricted Free Agents for 2016

Uffalo Ills

We haven't even been rumored to any players? What a shame...I know the typical retort is going to be that Whaley planned to resign a few guys and lay low during FA. That is fine and dandy but at no time does a GM plan to leave himself that limited that he would have to ignore an attractive FA at a reasonable price.

Just browse through the list of FA's that are still out there, never mind depth we could upgrade at positions of need as well. This may sound critical but they should have been more proactive resigning Glenn and Gilmore in a timely fashion so they can free up some cap space. I also read something from Chris Brown saying that they won't cut Kyle because he has worked hard for his contract. I love Kyle, I am a self proclaimed LSU fanboy...but his age, fit, and price do not make sense for this year.

We are being way to passive with a marginal roster IMO.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't even been rumored to any players? What a shame...I know the typical retort is going to be that Whaley planned to resign a few guys and lay low during FA. That is fine and dandy but at no time does a GM plan to leave himself that limited that he would have to ignore an attractive FA at a reasonable price.

Just browse through the list of FA's that are still out there, never mind depth we could upgrade at positions of need as well. This may sound critical but they should have been more proactive resigning Glenn and Gilmore in a timely fashion so they can free up some cap space. I also read something from Chris Brown saying that they won't cut Kyle because he has worked hard for his contract. I love Kyle, I am a self proclaimed LSU fanboy...but his age, fit, and price do not make sense for this year.

1) The entire Front Office has been saying for a year that this would be the plan; it's not a coincidence that that's exactly what they're doing

2) Nobody said that they won't add a key player or two...as you noted, there are plenty of guys still hanging around.

Unless that was kinda the plan from last year, with the Big Spend

i worry you are nit picking. I understand your valid point but Whalet has made his mind up. He took the risk last year knowing full well his limitations would be forthcoming

1) The entire Front Office has been saying for a year that this would be the plan; it's not a coincidence that that's exactly what they're doing

2) Nobody said that they won't add a key player or two...as you noted, there are plenty of guys still hanging around.

If that was a unilateral decision to limit future years spending by pushing heavily in FA the same year your bringing in a new coach and a carousel of unproven quarterbacks...then it deserves to be second guessed. If they were so anxious to put all their eggs into 2015 then perhaps they should have hired a coach to conform to the current group of players.

IF Rex was a long term hire and they accepted the changes that would need to be made and the time it would take, then why would you limit future years with last seasons spending spree? Regardless of who made the hire and the decisions on players it looks fundamentally flawed.

No news on Andre Smith?

CBF

@Vikings

T Andre Smith’s free agent visit with the #Vikings has concluded.

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Minnesota Vikings

No deal for Smith today

@christomasson

Free-agent tackle Andre Smith on #Vikings visit: "Things went well today. It's between (the Vikings) and Arizona. It's even.''

@AaronWilson_NFL

@RapSheet

WR Andre Holmes & the #Raiders reached an agreement for him to re-sign on a 1-year deal worth up to $3M, source said. $1M fully guaranteed

3-year contract for #Bengals & CB Adam Jones has finally been signed a week after agreeing to terms. Language & payout dates were finalized.

that's right he did; Charles

And ealy is not the bona fide starter they need. Hes a great depth player. They need an upgrade at the positiom

it'll be interesting on what they do w Benjamin. They did just fine without him. Having him back will only get things better. But if they go too heavy DL they neglect their OL and that was not a strong unit anyway.

They need to draft only OL and DL. Free agency rbs will do fine

They just signed solai so they now have some depth on that d line. you're right they could use some help on that o line.

flacco can sling it. could be a nice signing. has wallace lost a step?

He still has plenty of speed and the Ravens will better be able to utilize him with Flacco where Bridgewater could not.

@weddlesbeard

Heading out to Baltimore. Can't wait to get to my new home. Even better news we signed my boi Mike Wallace. Let's gooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I agree.

Please sir please, there is still a chance to leave that flag in your pocket.

I wasn't even in Philly that night !

Could be, but I hope not.

To each their own. Let's ask Tyrod !

If only one team has interest we might hope that monetary leverage belongs to the Bills.

A careful contract would be in order.