The Non Pet Peeve Thread..AKA Awesome Stuff

plenzmd1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First tomatoes of the season are ready out here!!

Its been rainy and cloudy her for the last two weeks. I gots lots of squash, but no red maters yet. My pepper plants have been decimated by moles.

Its been rainy and cloudy her for the last two weeks. I gots lots of squash, but no red maters yet. My pepper plants have been decimated by moles.

I've had issues with zucchini the past couple years. The plant is producing but doesn't look too good. I've had tons of luck with peppers. I had serranos last year and had tons. Had to freeze a bunch. This year I have Serrano, banana and Anaheims. I eat hot peppers like candy.

Our rain is over and plenty of sunshine for the next 6 months. I really wish I had a bigger area for my garden.

I've had issues with zucchini the past couple years. The plant is producing but doesn't look too good. I've had tons of luck with peppers. I had serranos last year and had tons. Had to freeze a bunch. This year I have Serrano, banana and Anaheims. I eat hot peppers like candy.

Our rain is over and plenty of sunshine for the next 6 months. I really wish I had a bigger area for my garden.

I've had bad luck with peppers. I would love some giant Anaheim for chili rillenos!

• 1 month later...

To see a kid you have known for years make the Olympics tonight in the 200 free. Never thought a sporting event not involving my kid would matter to me more than a Bills or Sabre game, but damn i was screaming at the TV tonight. Now if he can win Gold...wow!

Ditto, Paul...so excited for him. I have only had a few meetings with him through my boys but good kid.

Awesome kid, awesome family, just a great night. Had tears in my eyes when he touched that wall first. Good for NOVA, no matter how bat chit crazy the head coach is!

• 2 weeks later...

A shout out to that magic thing that happens when the signal from an electric guitar overloads an amp and results in DISTORTION. The best lucky accident in man's clumsy floundering with technology since penicillin was found in mold.

Who could have guessed it would sound so !@#$ing cool? Proof again that a good thing can be improved by !@#$ing it up a little in just the right way. The magic of life, evolution and art exemplified.

EDIT: well, maybe that sounds too grandiose about it, but it's a pretty nice thing in the world and I like it.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Caught 7 big blue cats today all in the 8-12 lb range. Rode out a quick thunderstorm on the lake to boot. Fish are cleaned and ready for the fryer!

They're going in the freezer. I'm too pooped to cook.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH