Ted Cruz's Flat Tax Plan

Tiberius

Define comfortable. While you are at it you might just as well define healthy and happy too.

FDR put it nicely:

Americans' entitlement to four freedoms: the freedom of speech and expression, the freedom to worship God in his own way, freedom from want and freedom from fear.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How moral is it to have an economy where only a small portion of the population are comfortable, healthy and happy? Ending progressive taxation would lead to even greater inequality and poverty. That's immoral

Show me the portion of the population that has at least a high school education, that gets up everyday and gives their best effort, that doesn't do drugs, that doesn't belong to a broken family and are honest and not criminal that can't find comfort, health and happiness without government support?

FDR put it nicely:

Americans' entitlement to four freedoms: the freedom of speech and expression, the freedom to worship God in his own way, freedom from want and freedom from fear.

I agree with three of those. "Freedom from want" is ridiculous. I want a Gulfstream. Am I at all entitled to be free of that want?

Note, too, that none of that defines "comfortable," "happy," or "healthy." You're dodging the question.

Conservatives believe the Rights guaranteed under the Constitution are inherent in natural law and should never be taken away by a government.

Progressives say that Rights are doled out by the government willy-nilly to placate the electorate. Big difference.

Show me the portion of the population that has at least a high school education, that gets up everyday and gives their best effort, that doesn't do drugs, that doesn't belong to a broken family and are honest and not criminal that can't find comfort, health and happiness without government support?

Even those in the middle class--and especially the elderly--are one illness or injury away from poverty.

And children of broken homes suffer through no fault of their own

I agree with three of those. "Freedom from want" is ridiculous. I want a Gulfstream. Am I at all entitled to be free of that want?

Note, too, that none of that defines "comfortable," "happy," or "healthy." You're dodging the question.

Fine, I'm dodging the question...and I don't care. Maybe your greggy will flip out again?

Freedom from want would be defined as hunger, opportunity and health care

I agree and I pay income tax at a 50% combined federal and provincial rate in Canada. I guess that makes me a liberal democrat in a US context.

So, in other words, you have to work SIX MONTHS before you see a dime of your income.

Sorry, I'm just not OK with that.

Even those in the middle class--and especially the elderly--are one illness or injury away from poverty.

And children of broken homes suffer through no fault of their own

Fine, I'm dodging the question...and I don't care. Maybe your greggy will flip out again?

Freedom from want would be defined as hunger, opportunity and health care

I'm going to just hit up all the restaurants in town and stiff them on the check. Same thing at grocery stores. Free food for me.

I'm entitled to this **** mother!@#$ers!

So, in other words, you have to work SIX MONTHS before you see a dime of your income.

Sorry, I'm just not OK with that.

I will probably never get rich and I'm ok with that. But I still want to try.

I will keep working to the best of my God given ability and hope someday I can make it happen. If/when after plodding along as a regular middle class guy chasing that carott im finally lucky enough to be wealthy ill be damned if the government feels entitled to take what I have earned.

Otherwise what's the point, why bother.

How moral is it to have an economy where only a small portion of the population are comfortable, healthy and happy? Ending progressive taxation would lead to even greater inequality and poverty. That's immoral

A small portion of the population is comfortable, healthy and happy? What are you basing that on?

Whose fault is that?

BTW I thought ACA took care of that.

Tom and his Cabin boy. Guess the romper room twins are in control now. See ya later

Oh, don't get your pull-ups in a twist, li'l grumpapotamus. Even you have to admit that spelling out "asshat" with the logos on hats is pretty creative.

Another post from Deranged Rhino

Sends Gator scurrying away

Seems like there is an easier way

He likes the

Attention that your posts give him

Then don't reply to his childishness, like me. ((Gator response free - since 11/2014)