Wilkerson + Sanu

Plan for 2016:

Whaley said perhaps one D splash signing - Please be Mo WIlkerson, perfect fit.

Plus one Mid-range - I like Sanu - big, strong possession peceiver with great RAC ability and bonus of throwing ability , but Marvin Jones if you prefer speed to take top off defense. Both are underrated and should trade as mid-range FA's, and will allow us a number 2 for Sammy without breaking bank or compromising draft. Very happy with Sammy, Sanu/Jones, Woods going into next year.

Draft: Rounds 1-3 Best available with focus on Tackle, LBs (that can run)and Safety.

We are not far off. To execute the foregoing:

Cut Mario (swap out for WIlkerson);

Restructure Clay -- deal was meant for it;

Cut McKelvin, Urbik, Carpenter, Duke Williams, Corey Graham, Harvin,

Cut or restructure (only if very favorable) - Kyle.

Work to lock up: Cordy, Incognito and Gilmore (nothing left to prove, do it now).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 45+ years of watching the Bills, few coaches frustrated me more than Ryan this year. Having said that, as a Buffalo guy stuck living in New York and watching his Jet teams closely, I do believe he can coach up a defense. If he has two strong corners, his scheme will work (it failed when Jets dumped Revis and Cromartie and left Rex with a bunch of Ron Brooks equivalents, or lesser) . Lock up Gilmore and we have the CBs we need for years.

I think it is easy to underestimate what a destructive force it is when a vet star like Mario does not buy-in. Could ruin guys like Dareus or Hughes. Mo Wilkerson is the opposite, ultimate locker-room and team guy. I almost feel "whatever it takes" - get him. Guys like Bradham will not make or break you, but Mo could. If we lose some guys we'd like to keep like Nigel etc to get Big Mo, so what (IMHO).

Seems we desperately need a No. 2 receiver, and I think Sanu or Jones could be perfect fit and are undervalued because so much talent in Cinci: Not enough balls for AJ Green, Sanu, Jones, Eifert, Bernard, Hill etc.

GO BILLS!!!

The heck with the capologists. Offense is close, we need a tackle and a number 2. On the D, we have some great pieces but are very flawed. We need to look at the D as a blank slate after a few guys -- Dareus, Hughes, Gilmore and Darby are set. That is it. None of the other seven are players that will make or break us. Bradham, Brown, Kyle Williams, Graham, Aaron (love him, because of injury I say this), McKelvin, Lawson and on and on - keep what you can, but all replaceable. None make the difference needed to get us where we need to go.

Wilkerson maximizes the investment in Dareus and Hughes -- the opposite of pissing it away. Team guy that will lead them. Can and should continue to be the core of the D. Back 7 looked too damn slow across the board after Darby and Gilmore. Zero linebacker pursuit - anything in the flat goes for 20. Need to retool LBs and add a safety.

I think so too. Ash brings instant credibility to the coaching side of things. Like always, however, it will come down to how well Rutgers can recruit from within.

it may take a couple years to build up the recruits but I think Rutgers will be back to where it was under Schiano. Crazy that Schiano took Ash's job!! Lol

it may take a couple years to build up the recruits but I think Rutgers will be back to where it was under Schiano. Crazy that Schiano took Ash's job!! Lol

I know! I always felt Schiano should've gotten another shot in the NFL as a D Coordinator. He may not have been ready for the HC level at the NFL but I could've seen him having success strictly as a coordinator.

After the year he has just had Marvin Jones will be resigned by the Bengals, who unlike us have lots of space. I do agree he would be the ideal # 2 for us. Sanu has expressed some disatisfaction at being underutilized in Cinci's O and given what all else they have on the roster thats not going to change. So he could be a good target for us that would not break the bank.

i do not want to waste more money on the DL for ryan to piss away.

sanu or jones i am all about.

Have you seen the disruption Wilkerson causes on the line? He is an absolute monster. Kyle williams won't be an ideal fit as a defensive end but I doubt he will do worse than Mario did this year.

I'm all in if we can get Wilkerson.

If it were to happen, we can draft a defensive end and just rotate Kyle and Muhammad and Dareus so they stay fresh.

Cinci does not have cap space when measured against the talent they need to sign.

But back to Wilkerson: You don't blow the cap by signing guys that earn their contract. You don't blow the cap by signing guys that are outcome determinative with their play. You blow it buy signing guys like Byrd. You blow it by giving it to questionable characters like Suh, or malcontents like Mario. In my view, Wilkerson is one of the lowest risk in all of the NFL not to earn what he is paid. He is an overwhelming force on the field, and a tremendous leader by example which our group of knuckleheads sorely lack. He would keep his foot in Dareus and keep Hughes in line.

Have you seen the disruption Wilkerson causes on the line? He is an absolute monster. Kyle williams won't be an ideal fit as a defensive end but I doubt he will do worse than Mario did this year.

I'm all in if we can get Wilkerson.

If it were to happen, we can draft a defensive end and just rotate Kyle and Muhammad and Dareus so they stay fresh.

yep, reminds me of what dareus and mario did in 2014. reminds me of how hughes could get to the qb. yep.

without linebackers in rex's scheme the dl doesn't matter.