Stephon Gilmore: "I Know I’m an Elite Corner."

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd bet you he gets it.

Corners get paid.

But he gave up some catches this year! He's a bum.

I doubt it. Revis got insane money--and his averages 14 million. Sherman only got 11.9. Haden got just over 12.

Prince isn't a top tier CB. He's played only 18 games over the past 2 years. One full season in 5.

Rookies are coming in and starting at CB. Darby is better than Prince. No value at 10 million.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it. Revis got insane money--and his averages 14 million. Sherman only got 11.9. Haden got just over 12.

Prince isn't a top tier CB. He's played only 18 games over the past 2 years. One full season in 5.

Rookies are coming in and starting at CB. Darby is better than Prince. No value at 10 million.

Sherman's average is $14m

Haden is $12.5m

I'd like to see Gilmore in is $9-11 range.

Sherman's average is $14m

Haden is $12.5m

I'd like to see Gilmore in is $9-11 range.

Not a chance...Byron Maxwell got $10.25M AAV last year. Gilmore is easily a better corner than Maxwell.

If his agent even suggests that he take a dime less than $11M per, he should be fired on the spot.

Not a chance...Byron Maxwell got $10.25M AAV last year. Gilmore is easily a better corner than Maxwell.

If his agent even suggests that he take a dime less than $11M per, he should be fired on the spot.

There are only 7 cornerbacks currently averaging over $10m add another 4 that average between $9-10m

I think it is more than fair to offer Gilmore a longterm deal that would put his average salary in the top 10.

To me the salary will be less of a sticking point than the guaranteed money. Looking at the current contracts, there is a wide range of GTD percentages on the deals (ranging from 32.5% GTD to over 71% on Sherman's deal). Obviously the team will want to keep the GTD percentage low, while they player will want it as high as possible.

My prediction will be a 5-6 yr deal averaging between 10-11m per with 40-60% GTD, Something like 5yr $53m ($28m GTD)

There are only 7 cornerbacks currently averaging over $10m add another 4 that average between $9-10m

I think it is more than fair to offer Gilmore a longterm deal that would put his average salary in the top 10.

To me the salary will be less of a sticking point than the guaranteed money. Looking at the current contracts, there is a wide range of GTD percentages on the deals (ranging from 32.5% GTD to over 71% on Sherman's deal). Obviously the team will want to keep the GTD percentage low, while they player will want it as high as possible.

My prediction will be a 5-6 yr deal averaging between 10-11m per with 40-60% GTD, Something like 5yr $53m ($28m GTD)

They should pay the second best CB on the team top 10 CB money?

They should pay the second best CB on the team top 10 CB money?

Darby's on a rookie deal for three more seasons. You pay Gilmore top 10 money and you end up with two top shelf CBs for the price of one elite CB. And you structure Gilmore's deal so that you can walk away from it (if you have to) when Darby's deal is up.

Win-win.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Darby's on a rookie deal for three more seasons. You pay Gilmore top 10 money and you end up with two top shelf CBs for the price of one elite CB. And you structure Gilmore's deal so that you can walk away from it (if you have to) when Darby's deal is up.

Win-win.

Smart man are you.

Win-win.

As you say, Darby is locked in, so his money is independent of what you pay Gilmore, who isn't a top 10 CB. Why pay him like one?

I like Darby too, but it is obvious to most that he benefitted from being #2. He struggled mightily when Gilmore was out.

I don't see that. He played OK. When the both played, Darby was better. Maybe he was carrying Gilmore.

I don't see that. He played OK. When the both played, Darby was better. Maybe he was carrying Gilmore.

Nope.

Teams started throwing at Darby more as the season wore on...he allowed all 4 of his TDs in the final 6 games.

They're both good...right now, Gilmore is a better cover guy--though Darby is a better form tackler (by a lot actually).

There's no reason to debate who's #1 vs. #2 (though if you ask the team, it's obvious what they think based on how they talk). The point is that Gilmore is a top-flight CB in this league, and he'll be paid like one (whether it's here or elsewhere).

@spotrac

With an extension nearing, #Bills CB Stephon Gilmore currently holds a calculated market value of $13.5M. Our look:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/stephon-gilmore/market-value/

Wait this changes everything

@andyshain

New -> Stephon Gilmore (@UofSC star DB now with @buffalobills) will stump for @HillaryClinton with Alshon Jeffery at SC State and Columbia

Nope.

Teams started throwing at Darby more as the season wore on...he allowed all 4 of his TDs in the final 6 games.

They're both good...right now, Gilmore is a better cover guy--though Darby is a better form tackler (by a lot actually).

There's no reason to debate who's #1 vs. #2 (though if you ask the team, it's obvious what they think based on how they talk). The point is that Gilmore is a top-flight CB in this league, and he'll be paid like one (whether it's here or elsewhere).

Recall Darby talking about hitting the rookie wall around wk 10 ? Said it was very tough and he was exhausted. I think he was being very honest and realistic

@spotrac

With an extension nearing, #Bills CB Stephon Gilmore currently holds a calculated market value of $13.5M. Our look:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/stephon-gilmore/market-value/

Wait this changes everything

@andyshain

New -> Stephon Gilmore (@UofSC star DB now with @buffalobills) will stump for @HillaryClinton with Alshon Jeffery at SC State and Columbia

ouch, he should stick to you yoga and stay away from politics completely.

So what does any one think would be the answer if we do not/ cannot pay him?

Honest question. Because it IS in the realm of possibility isn't it ?

Recall Darby talking about hitting the rookie wall around wk 10 ? Said it was very tough and he was exhausted. I think he was being very honest and realistic

ouch, he should stick to you yoga and stay away from politics completely.

So what does any one think would be the answer if we do not/ cannot pay him?

Honest question. Because it IS in the realm of possibility isn't it ?

haha well Brady endorses Trump