Losman = the next Tom Brady

bluenews

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see very few similarities between Losman and Brady.

Brady- Calm and cool, just enough mobility to get out of the way, Plays a "think first" type of game, finesse thrower

JP- Brash and Fiery, Mobility up the wazoo, Seems to play on instinct , cannon arm.

243350[/snapback]

He's more like Favre than Brady, play wise.

He does have the Brady-like work ethic, which should allow him to maximize his physical skills. This is something Drew never did.

I am trying to figure out if you are serious or just joking here.....

Instinctive play?

Mobility?

243522[/snapback]

I'm serious. Strong arm, cocky.

A young Bledsoe had some mobility, in fact many used the same "happy feet" comment

they use on Losman.

And if you truly want to continue to say that a guy who's thrown for 40,000 yards and has remained as a starter for 12 seasons has no football instinct well....

I'm serious.  Strong arm, cocky.

A young Bledsoe had some mobility, in fact many used the same "happy feet" comment

they use on Losman. 

243537[/snapback]

I have lived in Boston since Bledsoe's rookie year and until I got DirectTV a couple years ago watched the Pats consistently for my NFL fix. Drew was never mobile. He had happy feet, but that's not mobility. That's Jaworkski syndrome.

I'm serious.  Strong arm, cocky.

they use on Losman. 

And if you truly want to continue to say that a guy who's thrown for 40,000 yards and has remained as a starter for 12 seasons has no football instinct well....

243537[/snapback]

OK....so you are referring to a young bledsoe vs a young losman....

Got it....I took it out of context.

I dont agree about the mobility.....but I thought that Drews instincts and overall play were much better when he was younger

JP- Brash and Fiery, Mobility up the wazoo, Seems to play on instinct , cannon arm.

243350[/snapback]

Hmm, sounds like a young Jim Kelly with wheels.

Not trying to make a real comparison, just saying those certainly are traits that made Kelly a Hall of Famer.

By the way, I'll take someone with good football instincts any day.

...I'd rather Losman be the "1st J.P." than the "next so-and-so."

243521[/snapback]

Right on! Everyone supposedly 'in the know' raves about his 'special skills'. Hasn't been a two initial QB since Y.A., and most here don't know who that is. He could be very special and first of a kind.

The cold hard to to who this kid was most similar to in college and the pros: JP=Kyle Boller. I hope they turn out differently but if you swap their scouting reports they read the same.

Boller doesn't have anywhere near the tools or the moxie that Losman has. Jeff Tedford built him and Boller excelled in Cal's system under Tedford's tutelage.

Losman has an innate ability to make something out of nothing and if Clements/Wyche can find a way to harness that, Losman's game will be superior to Boller's in every way.

Cya

Easy for you to say...I got to watch Mr. Smith game after game. :w00t:

David Klingler was a real treat, too.

243393[/snapback]

Being just up the road in Dayton, I too had the misfortune of being "able" to watch these two artists at work. Nice draft choices Mr. Brown.

Truth is, he seems to be a young Bledsoe without the pedigree.

243363[/snapback]

Bledsoe was never mobile or feiry...Losman is more like a young Favre, though we'll see if he pans out as well as Favre did.

I see very few similarities between Losman and Brady.

Brady- Calm and cool, just enough mobility to get out of the way, Plays a "think first" type of game, finesse thrower

243350[/snapback]

Totally agree with your description of both players. It was my first reaction when I saw this topic.

Brady wins games with his head, more than his arm or feet. We'll just have to see if JP has the recognition skills and the "everything slows down and becomes clearer" mental abilities when the pressure's the greatest, which IMO is Brady's biggest attribute vs. other QBs.