2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

#19 and # 49 this year and next years #1.

#5 = 1700 pts

#19 = 875 and #49 = 410; Total 1285

415 point difference, which is the value of actual mid 2nd round pick, but future draft trades almost always involve a +1 round value.

The 2017 draft 2nd round value is really a 1st round commodity in a 2016 trade.

Given the history of NFL draft trades, IMO this (2016; 19 + 49 overall + 2017 1st = 2016 #5) would be the trade.

ouch

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#19 and # 49 this year and next years #1.

#5 = 1700 pts

#19 = 875 and #49 = 410; Total 1285

415 point difference, which is the value of actual mid 2nd round pick, but future draft trades almost always involve a +1 round value.

The 2017 draft 2nd round value is really a 1st round commodity in a 2016 trade.

Given the history of NFL draft trades, IMO this (2016; 19 + 49 overall + 2017 1st = 2016 #5) would be the trade.

:beer:

Watched a bit more of Elandon Roberts so I could properly grade him. I want him so much!

Came out as a 4th rounder for me. I'd take him handily over the Scooby Wright's and Antonio Morrison's of this class. Would make a solid understudy for Zach Brown. Immediate contributor on ST and another future-proof (or maybe Rex-proof) pick, would translate well to a 4-3 WLB if the proverbial hits the fan.

Me and Bandit will need to be restrained if they draft him. :lol:

Watched a bit more of Elandon Roberts so I could properly grade him. I want him so much!

Came out as a 4th rounder for me. I'd take him handily over the Scooby Wright's and Antonio Morrison's of this class. Would make a solid understudy for Zach Brown. Immediate contributor on ST and another future-proof (or maybe Rex-proof) pick, would translate well to a 4-3 WLB if the proverbial hits the fan.

Relentless

@JoeBuscaglia

Ohio State LB Darron Lee has been a popular mock draft pick for the #Bills. Here's how he would fit the team: https://t.co/GF5iGdxXmU

If Darron Lee is actually there at 19th overall, which is no real guarantee due to his athleticism, they’ll think long and hard about adding him into the mix. Although I wouldn’t necessarily pull the trigger on a linebacker in the first round of the draft, because productive players can seemingly be found at all points of the draft, the Bills could look at Lee as a surefire option to start and play a lot of snaps in the first year of his career. Along with a few other defensive players, put him on the short list of who the Bills might pick, and don’t look back.

getting off topic aren't we Blokes ???

Agreed. Bandit had me sold after that Navy game he posted. I watched another against Temple and he was also very explosive in that game. Would be a solid steal later in the draft.

It's funny, but I actually like Alabama's Reuben Foster better at ILB than Ragland--of course, Reuben's going back for his senior season.

I love the fact that Foster has earned his playing time on ST freshman/sophomore years. Can't wait to dig into him over the summer.

Leonard Floyd 6'6" , 4.60 - 40 time could cover Gronk 1 on 1

He can run with Gronk, but he'd get out-muscled and run over if matched on him 1-on-1.

Right now, Floyd's game is one-dimensional--get after the QB from a 2-point stance.

He needs to add about 15 lbs and learn how to convert his athleticism into sound football technique and decision-making. He looks, to me, to be at least one season away from doing anything other than rushing the passer.

I've seen a lot of concerns about Ragland in coverage, particularly when you pair him with Preston Brown.

What if we take Ragland to replace Preston? Station him with Zach Brown for 2016. Preston is experienced depth with knowledge of the scheme.

For me, that's how you create depth.