2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LedyardNFLDraft

You guys have been asking for Kyler Fackrell's scouting report, so here ya go. Dig his game http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/23/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-utah-state-edgelb-kyler-fackrell/

CgxOh9wWsAA4jyO.jpg

At that point in the draft Bills really better be watching closely

a thing of beauty

I'm making a late bid to talk up Nick Thomason from LA Tech.

He's a limited athlete but he's a great taker on of blocks. He's like if Scooby Wright was better at football. Only a 1-down kind of guy but effective as a run defender. Wouldn't hate him as a UDFA, even took my eye off Vernon Butler for a few snaps.

@albertbreer

Dug a little -- Per sources, issue for UCLA LB Myles Jack is a chondral defect in his right knee. Problem it'll be for him is up for debate.

Jack's defect may or may not be a result of his September injury. He can play with it. Whether it'll affect career length is the question.

... At any rate, I do know teams outside the Top 10 have been scrambling to do more background on Myles Jack, bc he may now fall to them.

@albertbreer

Dug a little -- Per sources, issue for UCLA LB Myles Jack is a chondral defect in his right knee. Problem it'll be for him is up for debate.

Jack's defect may or may not be a result of his September injury. He can play with it. Whether it'll affect career length is the question.

... At any rate, I do know teams outside the Top 10 have been scrambling to do more background on Myles Jack, bc he may now fall to them.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

@jenebramel

Chondral defect = cartilage loss. This is expected. Very unlikely teams were concerned about meniscus repair.

Similar to Jay Ajayi - RB

@JeneBramel

If true He could eventually need a microfracture which would cost him a year with uncertain recovery.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Doing some re-checks and I'm getting terrible flashbacks to Kyle Van Noy watching Kyler Fackrell. I adored Van Noy at BYU but it's not really materialised for him with the Lions.

Not sure Fackrell has a 3-down role in the NFL. Love his hand usage and the ability to set the edge. Prototype 3-4 SLB from a skill set standpoint but I'm not sure what to do with him when they go to a 4-man front. Too small to play LDE consistently, not smooth enough in space to be a nickel LB.

Doing some re-checks and I'm getting terrible flashbacks to Kyle Van Noy watching Kyler Fackrell. I adored Van Noy at BYU but it's not really materialised for him with the Lions.

Not sure Fackrell has a 3-down role in the NFL. Love his hand usage and the ability to set the edge. Prototype 3-4 SLB from a skill set standpoint but I'm not sure what to do with him when they go to a 4-man front. Too small to play LDE consistently, not smooth enough in space to be a nickel LB.

I thought Van Noy was going to be a star. He was all over the field at BYU. He was one of the players that I was most wrong about in the last decade. Van Noy looked like a future Pro Bowler to me.

I thought Van Noy was going to be a star. He was all over the field at BYU. He was one of the players that I was most wrong about in the last decade. Van Noy looked like a future Pro Bowler to me.

I had a top 20 grade on him if my memory serves me, I am still catching flack for that. He may have been my biggest prospect crush in 2014, versatile, instinctive, very good movement skills in all directions and seemed like a pure football player, I did think he was a 34 guy and not a 43 I believe. I thought he should have come out in 2013, and have no clue what is going on with him in Detroit aside from a bad scheme fit.

I had a top 20 grade on him if my memory serves me, I am still catching flack for that. He may have been my biggest prospect crush in 2014, versatile, instinctive, very good movement skills in all directions and seemed like a pure football player, I did think he was a 34 guy and not a 43 I believe. I thought he should have come out in 2013, and have no clue what is going on with him in Detroit aside from a bad scheme fit.

No, it's a bad scheme fit...Detroit's got him playing the same role that NIgel Bradham played in Jim Schwartz's defense, and it's just not him.