2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think WR is a sneaky need for us. Sammy has turned out better than I hoped, but he really needs someone to stretch the field with.

Unless we can get Harvin to take less money, I don't think we have that guy, and Woods doesn't have the same chemistry with Tyrod that he did with EJ.

1st or second round sounds just about right to me.

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2016.asp

Team Needs were updated 4 days ago by each team analyst. It shows no P1 need for WRF, 3 teams with P2 need, and 8 teams with P3 need. So twenty-one teams feel WR is not a pressing need this year. This will cause WRs to drop a bit, allowing some very good receivers (Travin Dural, De'Runnya Wilson, Tyler Boyd, and Leonte Carroo) to drop a bit. Some of these will be there in RD3-4.

Why I like these guys in particular (I love the RD1 guys Treadwell-Thomas-Doctson in that order; just think we go line or LB in RD1):

Dural: 19.5 ypc since 2013 ranks 8th in the FBS, and Whaley likes ypc. Will be sub-4.4 at Combine

Wilson: tall 6-5, gets head around, excellent body control, makes bad-throw catches

Boyd: played at Pitt, savvy route-runner, YAC, tall-ish, known for separation

Carroo: Bills have indicated interest, assault charge was dropped but it will cause him to be drafted later, top Big10 WR, can do KR

If Bills get a free agent, I think they wait until RD4-5 to get one of these guys, or Corey Davis, Burbridge, or Nelson Spruce in RD5-6.

Braylon Addison (Oregon) would be a great value in the 4th. He is also an excellent punt returner. Not a big guy, though.

Braylon Addison is a guy the Bills have looked at as the "WRS"--speed guy-- in that Harvin role. Good mention!

I will put in a vote for Roger Lewis from Bowling Green

That's a new name for me. What do folks know about him?

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2016.asp

Team Needs were updated 4 days ago by each team analyst. It shows no P1 need for WRF, 3 teams with P2 need, and 8 teams with P3 need. So twenty-one teams feel WR is not a pressing need this year. This will cause WRs to drop a bit, allowing some very good receivers (Travin Dural, De'Runnya Wilson, Tyler Boyd, and Leonte Carroo) to drop a bit. Some of these will be there in RD3-4.

Why I like these guys in particular (I love the RD1 guys Treadwell-Thomas-Doctson in that order; just think we go line or LB in RD1):

Dural: 19.5 ypc since 2013 ranks 8th in the FBS, and Whaley likes ypc. Will be sub-4.4 at Combine

Wilson: tall 6-5, gets head around, excellent body control, makes bad-throw catches

Boyd: played at Pitt, savvy route-runner, YAC, tall-ish, known for separation

Carroo: Bills have indicated interest, assault charge was dropped but it will cause him to be drafted later, top Big10 WR, can do KR

If Bills get a free agent, I think they wait until RD4-5 to get one of these guys, or Corey Davis, Burbridge, or Nelson Spruce in RD5-6.

Braylon Addison is a guy the Bills have looked at as the "WRS"--speed guy-- in that Harvin role. Good mention!

That's a new name for me. What do folks know about him?

Roger Lewis is from Columbus, a 4 star OSU recruit who had to go the JUCO route for academic and off field and ended up at BGSU. He led FBS in receiving yards this year. 22 year old sophomore, should declare as 4 years removed, his QB his graduating and HC leaving.

*off field issues maybe significant to some teams but legally closed. Could be drafted later.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Roger Lewis is from Columbus, a 4 star OSU recruit who had to go the JUCO route for academic and off field and ended up at BGSU. He led FBS in receiving yards this year. 22 year old sophomore, should declare as 4 years removed, his QB his graduating and HC leaving.

*off field issues maybe significant to some teams but legally closed. Could be drafted later.

I'm passing his name on to my boss, who will likely hand him off to our WR Analyst. Thanks!

TE Hunter Henry is an amazing talent.. The Arkansas TE has caught every pass thrown to him this year. Imagine our offense with a Jason Witten type guy snatching up everything, man I'd like this guy on the Bills.

Love me some Hunter Henry.

Zierlein says:

the best true tight end in college football. The Razorbacks use Henry as an in-line tight end and a move tight end depending on what the offense is trying to accomplish, but unlike most tight ends in college football today, Henry is a willing and able blocker who is an important part of the Razorbacks' power-rushing attack. Henry has good size and is comfortable working the middle of the field.

i would love Mike Williams WR Clemson 6/4 220. If he checks out medically i would definitely consider him in the 2nd or 3rd round. this dude is a stud hopefully he declares.

I also love Tyler Boyd from Pitt

I'm a Mike Williams, from Clemson, fan too. Plus Rex loves Clemson players so who knows

Bralon Addison has declared, as has this guy today:

Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell declares for NFL draft

Yahoo Sports‎ - 3 hours ago

After a record-setting junior season, Ole Miss wide receiverLaquon Treadwell has decided to move on.

same agent as Sammy...

@InsideTheLeague

Ole Miss WO Laquon Treadwell, a junior who will enter the '16 #NFLDraft, will sign with @ToryDandy of Relativity Sports.

I think we could use a specific type of WR. Very often this season TT would actually get good protection and/or buy a lot of time with his feet, and people still couldn't get open. We don't have anyone who can reliably carve up the D with underneath routes the way Welker/Edelman/Amendola have done in NE for years, and those routes are critical to consistently sustain drives.

I would be open to Coleman in round 2 or Shepard or Addisson in rounds 3-4.