Right Wing Militants Seize Federal Building!

Wait , that's not the Left's narrative.......................... :oops:

Cruz to Oregon Protesters: 'Stand Down'

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz asked that armed protesters occupying a federal building in Oregon since Saturday "stand down peaceably," NBC News reported. "We don't have a constitutional right to use force and violence and to threaten force and violence against others," Cruz told reporters in Iowa. The site wrote that Cruz said "our prayers" were with law enforcement officials dealing with the standoff, which claims it is pushing for limits on federal control over large swaths of land and includes Ammon and Ryan Bundy, the sons of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy.

Read it at NBC News

good for cruz. "stand down" implies imminent threat by those being asked to do so, no? so when will the nutjobs here agree with him?

at any rate, I doubt cruz lost many votes here. those sympathetic to this movement are most likely trump or paul supporters.

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point, in part, was to take umbrage with the expanding definition of terrorism, and laws applicable as such.

It is unequivocally abhorrent that what the Hammonds did would be considered terrorism by the Federal Government. To further expand on that by criminalizing peaceful protesters supporting US citizens against truly despotic acts committed by an unelected Federal bureaucracy is antithetical to every foundational value of a free society.

That the acts perpetrated by the government against it's citizens are being overlooked in favor of criminalizing a peaceful protest over such acts is everything that is wrong with today's news media, and everything that is wrong with the national political dialogue of our times.

Truth. It's a symptom of the Federal Government overturning a bedrock principle of our country in the name of fighting a "War on Terror".

Truth. It's a symptom of the Federal Government overturning a bedrock principle of our country in the name of fighting a "War on Terror".

I hate it when people say "the homeland" and they all do it, regardless of political stripe. It's weird and will make us all sound like idiots to future generations.

I hate it when people say "the homeland" and they all do it, regardless of political stripe. It's weird and will make us all sound like idiots to future generations.

"Fatherland" and "Motherland" were taken. And "Homeland" sounded less idiotic than "Uncleland" or "First Cousin Land."

good for cruz. "stand down" implies imminent threat by those being asked to do so, no? so when will the nutjobs here agree with him?

at any rate, I doubt cruz lost many votes here. those sympathetic to this movement are most likely trump or paul supporters.

Please indicate this imminent threat you are referring to.

"Fatherland" and "Motherland" were taken. And "Homeland" sounded less idiotic than "Uncleland" or "First Cousin Land."

But Ourland is available and it already has a song.

Could there be a clearer indicator of how they think the politics will go ?

White House is referring to situation in Oregon as a 'local' law enforcement matter despite its taking place in federal bldg and FBI investigating

Here Are Five Reasons You Should Side With The Hammond Family

by Ben Shapiro

1 through 5 Blah Blah Blah

This prosecution will have a chilling effect across the West among ranchers and others who rely on federal allotments and permits. It will harm the positive relationship many ranchers and organizations have worked to forge with the bureau, and the hard work that has been done on the range. It also is hypocritical given BLM’s own harm to the range, which goes without consequence. It is unjust. OFB worked quietly behind the scenes with BLM through the spring and summer. That diligent diplomatic effort was fruitless.

The Hammonds Are Not Interested In Violence. Ammon Bundy, son of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who was involved in a similar dispute with the BLM in 2014, headed up to Oregon with armed citizens to take over an empty facility at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. They left a peaceful protest in order to do so

The media have chosen to focus on the Bundy move because it’s more spectacular in terms of the headlines. But the Hammonds’ story is a pure example of what an insanely powerful, unelected bureaucracy can achieve when it goes unchecked. And there’s no question that as the government expands, conflagrations like the Hammonds/Bundys will become more and more common.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/2303/here-are-five-reasons-you-should-side-hammond-ben-shapiro

Or not so much

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/those-jamokes-in-oregon-arent-terrorists-theyre-jamoke-1750918911

Edited by baskin

I like the way you divine what Cruz meant, then challenge others to agree with you.

Buncha guys with guns seize a building, they get what they deserve. They have a political agenda and are prepared to do violence (unless those guns are just security blankets LOL) so they are domestic terrorists. Or if you don't like that then they are insurgents. Cut of any power, water, etc - gas 'em, and if they don't come out drive a few tanks through the building. Wingnuts are whining "you don't want another Ruby Ridge!" and I say "why the hell not? You pull this stuff and you're not going to get away with it.". Blast them all to smithereens for all I care.

Buncha guys with guns seize a building, they get what they deserve. They have a political agenda and are prepared to do violence (unless those guns are just security blankets LOL) so they are domestic terrorists. Or if you don't like that then they are insurgents. Cut of any power, water, etc - gas 'em, and if they don't come out drive a few tanks through the building. Wingnuts are whining "you don't want another Ruby Ridge!" and I say "why the hell not? You pull this stuff and you're not going to get away with it.". Blast them all to smithereens for all I care.

Did you say the same thing to ferguson or Baltimore protesters?

They're not terrorists any more than the occupiers or Ferguson/Baltimore protestors are, some of which were armed as well. I don't see any businesses being torched in Oregon over this either.

Where was this call to action during the Occupy fiascos? Oh that's right you agreed with them I presume.

I like the way you divine what Cruz meant, then challenge others to agree with you.

stand-down

or standdown

[stand-doun] /ˈstændˌdaʊn/
SpellSyllables
noun
Military. a temporary cessation of offensive actions; cease-fire; truce:
a stand-down for the Christmas holidays.
a work stoppage or layoff.
I don't think cruz was refewrring to a work stoppage do you? care to link an alternative definition for the trem? what do you think he meant?

They're not terrorists any more than the occupiers or Ferguson/Baltimore protestors are, some of which were armed as well. I don't see any businesses being torched in Oregon over this either.

Of course they were armed, people were regularly getting shot at and buildings were being burned and looted. That is extreme life threatening levels of violence.

I don't think cruz was refewrring to a work stoppage do you? care to link an alternative definition for the trem? what do you think he meant?

What do I think he meant? I believe he meant something a little more along the lines of 'everybody relax and let's try to work this out'. But unlike you, I don't presume to speak for the man.

stand-down

or standdown

[stand-doun] /ˈstændˌdaʊn/
SpellSyllables
noun
Military. a temporary cessation of offensive actions; cease-fire; truce:
a stand-down for the Christmas holidays.
a work stoppage or layoff.

Okay, Jack.

What do I think he meant? I believe he meant something a little more along the lines of 'everybody relax and let's try to work this out'. But unlike you, I don't presume to speak for the man.

so you think he is unaware of the definition of the word? unaware that the perps are armed? I don't like the guy's politics but I aslo don't think he's stupid.

if you plan on voting for him you better hope he knew the implications of those words. subtlety and precision in language are big parts of diplomacy

Edited by birdog1960

so you think he is unaware of the definition of the word? unaware that the perps are armed? I don't like the guy's politics but I aslo don't think he's stupid.

if you plan on voting for him you better hope he knew the implications of those words. subtlety and precision in language is a big part of diplomacy

Because people literally always use words exactly how they're defined and words never have more meanings than what's in the dictionary. Like, literally, that's how people operate 100% of the time. :lol:

Because people literally always use words exactly how they're defined and words never have more meanings than what's in the dictionary. Like, literally, that's how people operate 100% of the time. :lol:

It's a distraction.

I post Senator Cruz's response on the situation

and after giving quick lip service to his statement that the protesters should stop,

he spends the next page defending his interpretation of the "military' aspect of the statement...as if that is the issue.

distraction......

if Obama requested that the miltants stand down would there be any debate re his meaning? I think not, nor should there be for cruz. if he didn't mean what the words are known to convey then it was a serious mistake.

It should seem obvious that all Cruz is doing is trying to calm everyone down so that this can end without any violence or hysteria. You will disagree, but I don't read a call to 'disarm' in any of that.