The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one who hasn't been a Bo fan at all I have to admit that he kicked ass last night. He was very good.

338913[/snapback]

going without the band (ocopella aparantly) was risky, and he missed a note at the end that none of the judges pointed out, but overall that performance may have won it for him. If he does something similar in the finals (Like Mantasia resang Summertime last year) he has this thing won.

going without the band (ocopella aparantly) was risky, and he missed a note at the end that none of the judges pointed out, but overall that performance may have won it for him. If he does something similar in the finals (Like Mantasia resang Summertime last year) he has this thing won.

338920[/snapback]

A CAPELLA!

It's A CAPELLA!

Where the frig is DC Tom when you need him?

:D

Carrie is going to win this....to me its not even a competition...all she needs to do is show up at this point, has she ever been close to being knocked off the show?

339948[/snapback]

While I hope you're right, I think Bo has a much larger following than we think. He made bottom three once but I think that was an anomolie. I'm just glad that the whiney little "Baby V" (how fitting) is gone. I thought she wore out her welcome a while ago.

Carrie is going to win this....to me its not even a competition...all she needs to do is show up at this point, has she ever been close to being knocked off the show?

339948[/snapback]

Don't think so, they are pimping Bo big time, just like Mantasia last year.

Phone calls next Tuesday are just a formality IMO.

Carrie is "hot"

There is the answer.

She went 2nd and got the last compliment.

Case closed.

And say what you will, I understand why Simon would want Carrie to win, and others too, especially with people with kids who dont want to see these with a scandalous past win, but its clear that Simon wants Carrie to win.

Carrie is "hot"

There is the answer.

She went 2nd and got the last compliment.

Case closed.

And say what you will, I understand why Simon would want Carrie to win, and others too, especially with people with kids who dont want to see these with a scandalous past win, but its clear that Simon wants Carrie to win.

343954[/snapback]

I think they felt sorry for her because on her very last note in the entire competition her voice gave out and tweaked on her. Anyone else catch that? I thought she was gonna ball. I TiVo'd it several times to see if I heard correct, and it was embarrassing. Not sure it will end up hurting her though, as we all know this is a popularity contest!

Bo was weak last night, as was Carrie. I think the nerves got to both of them. With Simon backing Carrie, that could work against her. Overall, Bo did better in the competition (prior to last night), but they were even last night. I think Bo has it.

Bo was weak last night, as was Carrie. I think the nerves got to both of them. With Simon backing Carrie, that could work against her. Overall, Bo did better in the competition (prior to last night), but they were even last night. I think Bo has it.

344111[/snapback]

I thought Bo might have had a very very slight edge over Carrie, but it was extremely even. I don't think what the "judges" had to say will factor at all into the vote. People already have their favorite, and only a huge mistake last night could have altered that.

Did you here Ryan say that only 2% separated the two last week? It's going to be VERY close tonight.

Bo gets my vote.

Don't think so, they are pimping Bo big time, just like Mantasia last year.

Phone calls next Tuesday are just a formality IMO.

340400[/snapback]

Hi. Been away for awhile, family stuff, yo. Anywhoo. I'm surprised no one here picked up on how F-ing genius it was of Nigel and Simon Fuller to get those two dudes from the Faux Skynyrd on the show last week and into their lair. This is going to sell like hotcakes!

Seriously though, I know the purists will not be feeling the new Bo Skynyrd, but this is not about the purists, it's about the top-40, and the way top-40 fans describe Bo (he "killed" last night... he "slayed" last night... He "rocks!".. they describe him like he was an action hero or something) this Bo/ Skynyrd thing is going to sell tons of CD's. It's going to drive the American Idol kids completely nutto. It's going to go over like Oxycontin at a tractor pull in Missouri.

It was an absolutely money move by 19e and the CD's are going to fly off the shelves.

Carrie. She's got a chance to join the list of good looking girls who are country music stars. I don't know who these stars are, because I can't stand country music.

Bo, on the other hand, does not strike me as rock star material. He dresses like a 70's love child, and that hair went out of style around the same time. If you're gonna have long hair, it can't be so clean. He can sing pretty well, and should release Vehicle and make the money the Ides of March missed out on.

Bo has a slight edge in performance because he's been doing it longer.

I think the country has made up its mind, and its mindless minds are going to pick Carrie Underwear.

Hi.  Been away for awhile, family stuff, yo.  Anywhoo.  I'm surprised no one here picked up on how F-ing genius it was of Nigel and Simon Fuller to get those two dudes from the Faux Skynyrd on the show last week and into their lair.  This is going to sell like hotcakes! 

Seriously though, I know the purists will not be feeling the new Bo Skynyrd, but this is not about the purists, it's about the top-40, and the way top-40 fans describe Bo (he "killed" last night... he "slayed" last night... He "rocks!".. they describe him like he was an action hero or something) this Bo/ Skynyrd thing is going to sell tons of CD's.  It's going to drive the American Idol kids completely nutto. It's going to go over like Oxycontin at a tractor pull in Missouri. 

It was an absolutely money move by 19e and the CD's are going to fly off the shelves.

344233[/snapback]

I think it may sell in his white trash neck of the woods,

but for the rest of the country, the 70's are over.

I predict the 1st CD sales will be respectable, but sales for the next one will be flat.

If Faux Skynyrd can't sell CDs, Bo Skynyrd won't either.

I think it may sell in his white trash neck of the woods,

I predict the 1st CD sales will be respectable, but sales for the next one will be flat.

If Faux Skynyrd can't sell CDs, Bo Skynyrd won't either.

344312[/snapback]

Me thinks you underestimate the economic and cultural might of Jesusland.

344312[/snapback]

Don't be so sure of yourself. Miss Hilton couldn't have looked anymore "Farrah Fawcett" in that pirate whore carwash commercial. Methinks she has her hot little hand on the hip/fashion pulse of America.

American Idol= sign of the end of humanity.

345012[/snapback]

Yeah, Brandon. I've never seen a single episode. Never would bother with that level of crap-but Mom likes it, so what are we gonna do?