The offense needs to change too

1billsfan

Fun fact: Bills average 23.5 points in Taylor starts.

In the worst qb ever's 2 starts, they average 26.

Honestly, I like the job Roman has done. The team has an identity. I think both Qbs have left a lot of big plays on the field. Roman is like the one coach who has been a big upgrade.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget the wacky gimmick plays that fool no one.

these boggle my mind. He has a drive that is brilliant followed by a three and out with three trick plays in a row. After that we go away from what we did to move the ball earlier in the game for a while then towards the end we go back to moving the ball again.

Honestly, I like the job Roman has done. The team has an identity. I think both Qbs have left a lot of big plays on the field. Roman is like the one coach who has been a big upgrade.

Queue the excuses

No argument there.

The two teams' roles would be reversed if Bills managed to snag Marshall instead of Harvin. And I wouldn't be arguing with him if that's what he'd contribute to this thread instead of the continued anti-Shady crusade.

Let me ask you a very simple question:

I have been posting on this board for decades........and I am pretty detailed on the big picture.......so why would you doubt that I wouldn't think a big WR was not a big need?

At the hiring of Rex the Bills two stated primary needs, after QB, were a BIG WR and a NT.

The mention of a big WR so early was a surprise to some........but they had really struggled in redzone so it was obviously a huge need.

When they got an unexpected call about McCoy......their offseason veered off course.

They then traded away an early 5th round pick for a QB in Matt Cassel who couldn't even pass a physical.

So when the opportunity to trade for Brandon Marshall came up..........they were in on it.........but they had a lesser pick to offer than the Jets!

Should they have offered more for Marshall.......yes...........but they settled for the fallback option in Percy Harvin.

I'd love to know if they declined to offer more for Marshall because they thought Harvin was a good alternative but he absolutely was not.

Then they never addressed nose tackle!

I honestly have no idea why they went so far off track and did so much but didn't address their two STATED primary needs.

And as I have said.......McCoy isn't even the right fit in this offense.

The fact that they don't have a big WR to hastily throw 50/50 balls to only makes it more evident.

Thank god the worst QB ever returned that pick for a TD.

I have been posting on this board for decades........and I am pretty detailed on the big picture.......so why would you doubt that I wouldn't think a big WR was not a big need?

At the hiring of Rex the Bills two stated primary needs, after QB, were a BIG WR and a NT.

The mention of a big WR so early was a surprise to some........but they had really struggled in redzone so it was obviously a huge need.

When they got an unexpected call about McCoy......their offseason veered off course.

They then traded away an early 5th round pick for a QB in Matt Cassel who couldn't even pass a physical.

So when the opportunity to trade for Brandon Marshall came up..........they were in on it.........but they had a lesser pick to offer than the Jets!

Should they have offered more for Marshall.......yes...........but they settled for the fallback option in Percy Harvin.

I'd love to know if they declined to offer more for Marshall because they thought Harvin was a good alternative but he absolutely was not.

I honestly have no idea why they went so far off track and did so much but didn't address their two STATED primary needs.

The fact that they don't have a big WR to hastily throw 50/50 balls to only makes it more evident.

Notice I never disputed any of the above points, other than the Shady trade.

They panicked into the Cassel trade after McCown turned them down. They were not going into the season with only EJ and unproven TT. I think the season would have been much different had McCown agreed to the offer.

McCoy fits every offense

THe rest of this.....very good points

McCoy fits every offense

THe rest of this.....very good points

That is an unsupported opinion but you are welcome to it.

I'd like to point out that the notion that McCoy WAS the running game.........which was based simply on two ineffective quarters of football by Karlos Williams against the Giants..........has now been utterly obliterated.

They accumulated 480 yards on the ground in the past two weeks.............and a mere 29 of those came from McCoy.

Fun Fact: The Bills Offense produced basically the same points per game with EJ for 2 games that it did with Tyrod, and only lost both of EJ's games because of increased turnovers.

Tyrod: 22.23 PPG

EJ: 22.5 PPG

That is an unsupported opinion but you are welcome to it.

I'd like to point out that the notion that McCoy WAS the running game.........which was based simply on two ineffective quarters of football by Karlos Williams against the Giants..........has now been utterly obliterated.

They accumulated 480 yards on the ground in the past two weeks.............and a mere 29 of those came from McCoy.

That does not prove anything

Shady has been out

You dont know that he would not have put up the same production

Personally.....I think we just got REALLY lucky with Gillesee.......who looks like a keeper

That does not prove anything

Shady has been out

You dont know that he would not have put up the same production

Personally.....I think we just got REALLY lucky with Gillesee.......who looks like a keeper

Even if he did, we didn't really need him to, is Badol's point.

Yeah, not sure what's up with mccoy thing.

I know you do not...........and yet, surprisingly you have no real counterpoint.

Do you disagree that the good organizations are using big, powerful backs to soften up the passing game........because they know that the passing game is what separates most good teams from the pack?

It's unlike you to just take a stance without a real take.

Fun Fact: The Bills Offense produced basically the same points per game with EJ for 2 games that it did with Tyrod, and only lost both of EJ's games because of increased turnovers.

Tyrod: 22.23 PPG

EJ: 22.5 PPG

I posted why I made the point. EJ deserves to be the backup and Taylor should be the starter because of turnovers.

I Do think Taylor is a lot closer to EJ than Brady than some of Bills fans want to believe. That said, I completely blame this disaster of a season on the defense.

I know you do not...........and yet, surprisingly you have no real counterpoint.

Do you disagree that the good organizations are using big, powerful backs to soften up the passing game........because they know that the passing game is what separates most good teams from the pack?

It's unlike you to just take a stance without a real take.

It's not that i don't have a counterpoint; i just don't find it an interesting debate. That's not a knock on you; it's just an issue that hasn't really animated my interest all that much. I think he's a good player who does some things that others can't but i think it's a passing league at the end of the day. I may change my mind and enter the fray at some point :) .