The offense needs to change too

1billsfan

Don't think this is correct. TT was passing to all spots on the field the last few weeks - with perhaps the only exception being short middle. Roman designed some creative stuff but as other shave pointed out he has opened up the passing game as the season went along. Is that confidence in TT? is it a healthy Watkins?

What would this offense have looked like with a healthy Goodwin and/or Harvin???

The top three have QB's that run anywhere from three to eight times a game and are the top three rushing QB's in the league - Cam 119, Russell 92, TT 80. Not sure but I will guess Arizona runs a lot with the lead late in the game.

Just need to keep the QB healthy if they are going to be part of the run game...

Home run.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few have mentioned something that will do wonders for this offense. We need two solid new offensive linemen. Hopefully, we'll use our first pick for one and also pick up a stud free agent. No matter how many weapons you have, it starts up front unless in the passing game you have that rare quarterback that can get the ball away as quickly an accurately as Brady.

Is your googlebot broken?

No, I knew it was B Marsh. Percy was traded and underutilized, Andre Johnson had lost a hefty step, and Dwayne Bowe may not actually exist.

I would've bet Marshall being the best WR in 15, with Andre maybe having the best #'s due to the Luck effect.

Edited by FireChan

No, I knew it was B Marsh. Percy was traded and underutilized, Andre Johnson had lost a hefty step, and Dwayne Bowe may not actually exist.

I would've bet Marshall being the best WR in 15, with Andre maybe having the best #'s due to the Luck effect.

Marshall had more TDs, but AJ had him beat on receptions & yards, with you know who throwing to him. Bowe had more yards from a guy who never throws to WRs. Harvin was a dual threat in one of the worst offenses in the league.

That's why I doubt people would have picked Marshall ahead of the other three.

I challenge you to prove that. Also, please define what you consider a high percentage? 80%? 50%? 10%?

Off the top of my head, the the first Pats game, along with the Bengals, Jags and the Redskins were games where the offense did little until the other team had more than a 2 score lead and went into a prevent defense. I'm too lazy to go back and look at all the box scores to confirm this, though. Last year, there was relatively little statistics-padding because most of the losses went down to the wire.

Marshall had more TDs, but AJ had him beat on receptions & yards, with you know who throwing to him. Bowe had more yards from a guy who never throws to WRs. Harvin was a dual threat in one of the worst offenses in the league.

That's why I doubt people would have picked Marshall ahead of the other three.

Marshall only played 13 games on one of the worst teams in the NFL that year. So did Harvin but he hadn't had a complete season in 3 years. Bowe apparently existed, but you'd be crazy to pick him over any of the other 3 going into Cleveland, IMO.

I still think Marshall is and was the best receiver out of the four. AJ may have been the favorite to produce more, but was he actually better? IMO, no. Put it this way. Let's say 32 GM's get a call and all 4 of those guys are offered for a 5th round pick. Who does every GM take, salary notwithstanding? IMO it's Marshall and it's not even a debate.

Edited by FireChan