My 10 cents on whatever the hell that was....

BmarvB

This one was too painful to watch all the way through :bag:

1) This spot is reserved for ....... Penalties penalties and WTF is up with the pre snap and encroachment penalties?

2) This was without a doubt THE most pathetic defensive performance we've seen in years against a team they were suppsed to beat. Couldn't stop a kid on a tricycle with no tires!

3) What we have here is a combination of a very good defense that is not suited for Rex's system, and a coach who is incapable of adapting his system to the get the most out of the personnel he has.

4) Welcome back Karlos. Needed you in there on the last drive of the first half.

5) I like Mike Gillislee. The #3 back position should be his next season.

6) Some of those gadget plays would work with better execution
7) EJ at QB + TT at WR = running play every time. They're not about to let him throw.

8) We'll have to decide on taking an o-lineman or linebacker with our first pick in the draft. We have to upgrade both positions

9) 1st and goal from the 5 just before the half, 4 shots, 0 points with the talent we have. UNACCEPTABLE!!

10) Ummmmm DW, nevermind Roman right now, Rex (no dicipline) and Dennis (no defense) are the bigger problem. Address that FIRST!! This was a championship caliber defense dismantled from within right before our eyes. The offense has improved to the point where 11-5 was realistic if the coaches weren't so hell bent on fixing what wasn't broke. I'm not a big supporter of one and done for a new coaching staff, but in this case, the game has caught up to Rex and is passing him by. He's not the right coach for what we have right now. Who would you like to see coaching next year?

I'm not happy either. That was a disgraceful showing :bag:

it's Bills football. What can fans expect? rex like any good used car salesman has a great pitch....

Too bad ownership didn't do their homework with his former employer. i think this more than a one

year problem with this clown.

Edited by Best Player Available

it's Bills football. What can fans expect? rex like any good used car salesman has a great pitch....

Too bad ownership didn't do their homework with his former employer. i think this more than a one

year problem with this clown.

Oh it is definitely more than a one year problem. and it could get worse next season under Rex.

Gotta admit though, we have a great weapon in Sammy, and a strong running game. Sometimes Roman does out think himself with the play calling, but I have no issues with him returning for another year. Thurman has to go, and Rex has to swallow his pride and hire a DC that can run the 4-3 effectively to get the most out of what we have. His system doesn't work for this team.

Right there with all of you who are so disgusted. Being a Bills fanatic who lives somewhere else, you sometimes get the opportunity to love or follow another team after of course your Bills.

I find this to be somewhat comforting as the Bills are almost always out of it by week 13.

My boys are fanatics on these two teams for the last 8 years or so:

My oldest: Broncos

My middle son: Cardinals

At least i have something to talk with them about while driving them to school in the morning.

I'm against firing coaches after one year but this is bad. IF. IF we do go that route I would like hue jackson. Not sure who on defense, maybe gym shorts comes back.

I'm not in favor of it either (except in this case), but I'd go along with Jackson. He's a better coach than many people realize. With the right DC, we're playoff bound.

Right there with all of you who are so disgusted. Being a Bills fanatic who lives somewhere else, you sometimes get the opportunity to love or follow another team after of course your Bills.

I find this to be somewhat comforting as the Bills are almost always out of it by week 13.

My boys are fanatics on these two teams for the last 8 years or so:

My oldest: Broncos

My middle son: Cardinals

At least i have something to talk with them about while driving them to school in the morning.

I like the Cardinals and Steelers.

It's evident to me that the people who wished for the Bills to lose their remaining four games so they could secure a better draft position will get their wish. If Ryan needs different players to better fit his scheme, which he is unlikely to swap out for the wide 9, Whaley is a well paid figurehead and should type his resume. Whaley can scout and evaluate all he wants, but if he can't identify the players that Ryan thinks will help him, Whaley is history. Think of this: Ryan as both head coach and GM. It can happen. Beyond that, it's not entirely unlikely that Ryan won't start to dismantle this defense for a new 11, less Hughes, Darby, and Gilmore. They played abysmally this year, and if Ryan thinks they aren't up to learning a full playbook, they should be gone. This would be a shame since I believe this to be a scheme issue rather than a personnel issue. Whaley has found a lot of good players. They all played great under Schwartz but took all took stupid pills under Ryan. A lot of it has to do with undisciplined penalties on both the offensive and defensive lines and special teams, but they all seem to lack the fundamentals to playing the scheme, making the adjustments, and/or making tackles in space. This week we were treated to the story that the defense was just beginning to become good at the scheme, adjustments, and play calling in time for this piece of s*** performance.

Great teams and great quarterbacks live behind great offensive lines. Ours could only be described as poor at best, particularly the right side. It didn't seem to matter who we lined up there. Opposing defenses, no matter how bad, regularly took up residence in our backfield and didn't appear to break a sweat doing it.

Altogether, the Bills look like a team that is further from being good now than it was when Ryan stormed into One Bills Drive. If they can get their heads straight at 21 positions, it appears Tyrod is ready to excel at 22.

1 and done coaching stint for Rex would be fine with me. I won't hang myself if he's back next year though, it can get better with him.

If he does the right thing and either adapt his system to the players, or bring in DC who can

I'd like to see him do the honorable thing and retire.

Rex, be reasonable take a 15 mil buyout. Then he can write a book on how the games has passed him by.

of course with a sub .500 lifetime record no worries on ever getting fitted for a HOF jacket. he could leave with some respect.....

And then he is off and running in the booth............ He can talk about his Dad the 85 Bears and why he is even relevant at all.

Rex is an incompetent, ignorant, and self centered human being. His ego has ruined this defense. Has not adapted once all year. He literally just had to walk into OBD on day one, sit with the defense, and say "Let me see your playbook. This is what we're doing." and we likely would be in the playoffs, no question. He tried to implement his dumbass scheme and his cutesy little plays like dropping Mario into coverage while blitzing Robey and has essentially created the league's worst defense. Our pass rush was one of the best last year, our LB's weren't half bad, and our DB's were pretty good. Now this year, we had the same D line, the same LB's and better DB's with the addition of Darby. This SHOULD mean a better defense. But no, Rex implements a scheme that makes no sense and misuses our players. Recipe for failure.