Did this year just hurt more than the last 16?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean c'mon you're the first post - answer the question and try to sound as if you mildly know what's going

Have you watched the OL this year? You think they're playoff caliber? Taylor is really the answer at QB? He's the best they have, I get that. The defense is a mess for sure which no one expected, but that wasn't part of the hype in the off season.

Have you watched the OL this year? You think they're playoff caliber? Taylor is really the answer at QB? He's the best they have, I get that. The defense is a mess for sure which no one expected, but that wasn't part of the hype in the off season.

Playoff caliber? There will be teams in the playoffs with 8-8 records. Bills line is average. That is good enough for some teams.

I'm not as hurt, but a hell of a lot angrier. Williams, Mularky, Jauron, Gailey and Marrone weren't great coaches, although every one of them were better than Asshat Ryan, but at least they weren't blowhards blowing smoke up your ass 24/7 like the clown at the helm now. Ryan proved he was incompetent at NY, which makes his hire doubly vexing. I realize Levy wasn't particularly successful at KC in his first NFL head coaching gig, but KC improved bit by bit, unlike the Jets under Ryan, who had early success then fell into clown status by Ryan's last year. Plus, Levy took some time off before becoming Buffalo's coach, so perhaps he learned something in that time. Ryan, on the other hand, kept blaming others for the Jets' problems and continued his snake oil salesman act and conned the Pegulas into hiring him.

Meh....they're all the same. So will next year, and the year after.

I just turned the TV back on for 4th quarter of Denver/Pittsburgh -- a late season heavyweight fight -- the kind of game which explains why football is great. And it dawns on me that the Bills haven't even played a game like this in more than a decade. It's like the Bills just play minor league football and then when you want to watch real teams play real football you change the channel.

in some ways no- because there is always a transition / learning year for a new coaches. the biggest issue i have was all the boastful, big talk in the off season. that should have never happened.

in some ways yes because it seems as if the problems within the Bills culture and organization are so entrenched that it will take more time to turn things around.

Yes. This year has made me question why the $#%#$%@ I am still a fan of this team. Before, they were lovable losers. Always one kick away or making it exciting when you weren't expecting it. Now with a stacked team, they can't do jack. The overall un-watchability of the whole NFL hasn't helped. I've become such a bigger fan of hockey this year as a result. It's just so much of a better sport to watch.

Meh....they're all the same. So will next year, and the year after.

I just turned the TV back on for 4th quarter of Denver/Pittsburgh -- a late season heavyweight fight -- the kind of game which explains why football is great. And it dawns on me that the Bills haven't even played a game like this in more than a decade. It's like the Bills just play minor league football and then when you want to watch real teams play real football you change the channel.

accurate observation

I can't help but feel profoundly disappointed in the Bills this year. Some years I drink the Kool-Aide knowing we will end up 6-10, 7-9 maybe even 8-8 if things really go well. We watch, we lose and I kind of accept it as typical Bills football.

The distant memories of the glory years help me smile a little on Sunday and I would love to relive them with the next great Bills team. And here we charge into 2015 fresh off our first winning season in awhile. We seem to acquire all the right pieces in the off-season and we are primed to challenge the Patriots in the AFC East.

I really thought this Bills team would be a bully and I bought Rex's hype and was really excited for this year. I could finally wear my Bills gear with pride and not be the object of pity.

But alas, REX RYAN does indeed suck as a coach. He was run out of NY for a reason and a good one. He completely destroyed a well-oiled machine on defense and although the offense got a bit better, I can't help but feel he didn't have much to do with it.

Rex's undisciplined, reckless style and chatter were infuriating to watch. Penalties piled up and momentum swung against the Bills everytime we seemed to be getting close. Injuries, mistakes, bad play calling, poor clock management, players out of position, lack of focus, no game time adjustments, it was the same bad Bills football we had seen over and over and over again.

What is going to change to make me drink more Kool-Aide in 2016?

What can we possibly do to inspire hope into this mess of a franchise?

I thought the Pegula's would be a breath of fresh air and not the same, silent but deadly football fart we've been smelling since the '60's minus a few good years.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! The frustration of growing up in Bills Country.

I feel you brother! I am so frustrated week after week with this garbage. The Redskins score on the first 3 drives w/o any resistance from us. On offense we are taking a timeout early in the first qtr. (has been happening all season) We are confused with lining up on both sides of the ball. (never seen an NFL team have this kind of problem thru an entire season) Seems to be a huge disconnect between what the coaches are calling with plays and scheme and what the players are understanding. Should not happen in middle school football, let alone the NFL. After watching today, I am optimistic about Tyrod. With some improved coaching, a big upgrade on the O line, and another good receiver, he will have all the tools to work with. Give the man some seasoning and he will be a stud. The problems are that this is a poorly coached team, that plays stupid beyond belief. (3rd and 3 having EJ run a read option? Why!!?) But we also have a lot of players who downright suck, and should not be playing let alone starting on an NFL roster.

We do not have an NFL rt tackle on the roster right now. Henderson, Kuanjio and Mills are just god awful. Miller is close to that after starting out pretty decent. Wood is nothing better than average. And Glenn and Richie are good at times. (although Glenn almost got Tyrod today when he inexplicably tried to dive at the DE across from him, and missed) I would let him walk in FA. He plays oh so soft. At least Richie is a bad ass on the field. I would resign him. At receiver we have one stud, and a bunch of meh. Woods is a decent number 3. Hogan is not needed. Clay is an athlete, but doesn't look nearly like the player he was in Miami. We are strong at RB.

On defense we do not have a starting caliber safety on the roster. A Williams is hurt every year. And the rest of them have no clue. The LB's are the worst in the league. The D line has disappointed and mostly plays with no passion. At least Hughes plays with an attitude. He just doesn't have much of a brain. And Dareus can stop the run. But Mario is done. And unfortunately so is probably Kyle. The backups are garbage-every single one of them. Special teams have been atrocious. So I think a lot of people, probably myself included overrated the talent on this team dramatically. Combine that with piss poor coaching and you have a real problem season. It will take a whole lot to beat Dallas and the Jets. 6-10 or 7-9 is a strong possibility.

The team needs a whole new makeup. I would get rid of Rex and Whaley. Bring a new football czar, let him pick the GM and the coach and off we go. But I think we have our QB.

And btw why is Leodis McKelvin on our roster? It is embarrasing to be a fan of a pro sports team and have a player that bad starting for your team.. I don't think he would make many NFL practice squads at this point.