Ted Cruz

I can't see Cruz winning a general election. Seems to me Kasich would do much better. Cruz comes across as humorless and utterly inflexible. I don't think that plays well outside of a narrow ideological group that is largely confined to the South. Though I don't seem to reflect the sensibilities of most Americans these days, so maybe I am wrong.

Cruz won't win a delegate count vs Clinton. He'll do no better than Mitt state by state and likely worse. Can he win Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia? Negative. Can he bring into play any of the other Dem-leaning potential swing states of Maine, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin? Negative.

He's the wrong choice to beat Clinton for sure. Kasich would probably beat her but he won't win the nomination.

Edited by Observer

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruz sees he can beat Trump one-on-one, which is why he'd like Rubio out, but if Rubio somehow wins Florida and Kasich wins Ohio, Trump is in trouble...which, as I read it, is the GOP establishment's hope.

Then Rubio and Kasich drop out, and Cruz runs the tables with all the closed primaries coming. Anyone paying attention knows Trump in closed primaries is a dead dog, especially one-on-one.

Then again, I'm just regurgitating what I'm reading from some optimists. I'm starting to resolve myself to a Hillary presidency.

decided.gif

Cruz won't win a delegate count vs Clinton. He'll do no better than Mitt state by state and likely worse. Can he win Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia? Negative. Can he bring into play any of the other Dem-leaning potential swing states of Maine, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin? Negative.

He's the wrong choice to beat Clinton for sure. Kasich would probably beat her but he won't win the nomination.

But a Cruz/Kasich tiicket?

VP doesn't win elections, despite all the pre-jizz that happens around the choice.

It can only lose them. "My name is John McCain and I endorse that last sentence."

Yeah. Okay. Swing and a miss.

But a funny swing nonetheless. You made me laugh. So that's good.

That's a joke. McCain lost because of McCain. Period. He could have named the reincarnated Abe Lincoln to his VP slot and he would have lost.

That might be true but when he picked Palin, it was the decision that turned a loss into a blowout. She gave a great first press conference when nobody knew who she was (I even called my wife in to watch the replay). And from that point on, she was the conductor on the crazy train.

Did Cruz say abolish the IRS? Yikes

Yes. Yes he did. He's for a flat tax which could basically do just that. While I'm for a Fair Tax, both would/could pretty much eliminate the need for the IRS. In either scenario the IRS could be reduced to a very minor federal agency. Isn't that a good thing?

Yes. Yes he did. He's for a flat tax which could basically do just that. While I'm for a Fair Tax, both would/could pretty much eliminate the need for the IRS. In either scenario the IRS could be reduced to a very minor federal agency. Isn't that a good thing?

Yup, and I'm sure the taxes will just collect themselves :rolleyes:

That might be true but when he picked Palin, it was the decision that turned a loss into a blowout. She gave a great first press conference when nobody knew who she was (I even called my wife in to watch the replay). And from that point on, she was the conductor on the crazy train.

Seriously. How is it you post here as often as you do with such little grasp of what you're talking about.

Saying Palin was the conductor of McCain's crazy train is like saying Mitt lost because he put a dog on his roof.

This is not a defense of Palin. She had no business being picked as a VP, and she would still be relatively unknown to the rest of the world had the GOP not nominated the political equivalent of Dorf on Golf. He never had a chance against Obama BEFORE he chose Palin, and by the time he was in favor of bailing out everyone in a bad mortgage, he was done with anyone interested in voting against Obama.

But yeah...you keep thinking how Palin was the problem. It would explain why you think Trump has a chance against Hillary. You're likely sitting around today talking about how substantive Trump was at the debate last night, happy to get the endorsement today of a guy Trump once called a child molester.

Yup, and I'm sure the taxes will just collect themselves :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's better if you just think twice before you post every little moth that enters your noggin.

Cruz tells everyone in his phony snake oil salesman delivery that Trump’s “Gettin’ ready to stick it to the people!”. Yet his flat tax plan is nothing but a huge giveaway to the rich while screwing the middle and lower income people who end up paying more. Unless you happen to be rich, that’s not a good thing. Even if you were rich, it’d be kind of crappy to support a regessive tax.

Cruz tells everyone in his phony snake oil salesman delivery that Trumps Gettin ready to stick it to the people!. Yet his flat tax plan is nothing but a huge giveaway to the rich while screwing the middle and lower income people who end up paying more. Unless you happen to be rich, thats not a good thing. Even if you were rich, itd be kind of crappy to support a regessive tax.

Don't worry, the benefits will trickle down!

Cruz tells everyone in his phony snake oil salesman delivery that Trump’s “Gettin’ ready to stick it to the people!”. Yet his flat tax plan is nothing but a huge giveaway to the rich while screwing the middle and lower income people who end up paying more. Unless you happen to be rich, that’s not a good thing. Even if you were rich, it’d be kind of crappy to support a regessive tax.

A "flat tax" is not a regressive tax, it's a progressive tax.

With a flat tax of, say, 20% someone earning $50,000 would pay $10,000, while someone earning $1,000,000 would pay $200,000.

A fixed fee tax, where everyone was assessed the same amount, say $10,000 regardless of earnings would actually be a flat tax.

A regressive tax is a tax where individuals earning less would pay a higher dollar figure in taxes than someone earning more.