I like Sammy, but wow Mack looks like the better player

Dragonborn10

You bring up a good point. From everything I've read, if we had stayed put, we would have taken Ebron. I'll take Sammy any day over Ebron and the 19th selection of the 2015 draft. Ebron is mediocre - Brandon Pettigrew and Ricky Dudley redux. One could argue that we shouldn't have taken Ebron but rather Beckham, but that's not reality. They would have taken the guy they wanted more -- Ebron.

Man- if they stayed put and selected Ebron over Odell, Aaron Donald, Zack Martin....that would of been worst selection in Bills history

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many times in the past you see the Bills pass up guys the fans and media thought they would take. More often than not, the fans and media were correct. Mack was my pick that year. 2006, they take Donte Whitner but it seemed everyone said that they would select Haloti Ngata. Ngata is a 5x pro bowler and the anchor for the Baltimore defense during their championship runs.

how does the qb make sammy drop every crossing pattern that hits him in the hands? also does the qb make sammy fall down immediately after the catch? And does the QB stop him from going up in traffic to snatch or high point a ball? Luckily TT throws nearly a perfect deep ball or sammy would have 2 tds and about 30 catches this year...doubt me? hes last in the league at yac among starters....hard to get yac when youll only catch a pass dropping out of bounds or falling into the endzone...(hes good at those though)

Something I heard and not sure of the exact context, care to explain Sammy in the Miami game where he was 90% of the offense (I assume receiving)

Doubt Sammy all you want. I wonder how he'd perform with Tom Brady as his QB.

I will say the Eagles game was his worst this season WRT catches.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00.htm

The aforementioned Miami game 8 targets 8 catches for 168 yards

KC 10 targets 6 catches for 158 yards

HOU 4 targets 3 catches for 109 yards

Something I heard and not sure of the exact context, care to explain Sammy in the Miami game where he was 90% of the offense (I assume receiving)

I will say the Eagles game was his worst this season WRT catches.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00.htm

The aforementioned Miami game 8 targets 8 catches for 168 yards

KC 10 targets 6 catches for 158 yards

HOU 4 targets 3 catches for 109 yards

Sammy had more yards and catches on Miami than OBJ did but ya know ... OBJ + MNF = ermagerd

OBJ faces Josh Norman this week. Very interesting matchup. Best CB in the game right now, has held Julio jones, Dez Bryant and DeAndre Hopkins to 63 yards. TOTAL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sammy had more yards and catches on Miami than OBJ did but ya know ... OBJ + MNF = ermagerd

OBJ faces Josh Norman this week. Very interesting matchup. Best CB in the game right now, has held Julio jones, Dez Bryant and DeAndre Hopkins to 63 yards. TOTAL.

I'll also be interested to see if Beckham can do anything against Norman.

Last time he faced a CB this good was week 4 (Darby/Gilmore), and that didn't go well for him

I'll also be interested to see if Beckham can do anything against Norman.

Last time he faced a CB this good was week 4 (Darby/Gilmore), and that didn't go well for him

mike and Mike this morning went through his matchups vs "top corners" over last year and this year and mentioned the 100+ yards vs Sherman and some other guys. No mention of Gilmore shutting him down at all (not surprised of course). He is criminally underrated nationally. Edited by YoloinOhio

TARGETS:

ODB - 142

Sammy - 64

Did anybody see the 2nd half drops Sammy made against eagles? Revese that went no where? Or lack of adjustment coming back to the QB when the pocket broke down? How can anyone possibly say with more targets his performance is on par with OBJs? he's not getting more targets because hes simply not on the same level.

The monthly jtsp golden nugget.

i think that is a very good question....or maybe it illustrates a good point. Sammy (and the entire Bills team) would really benefit from leadership....or a leader who demands excellence and doesn't tolerate any less. Brady (and Flutie) are cocky, arrogant SOBs who have unwavering confidence in their own skills and aren't afraid to dress down a team-mate who isn't pulling his weight. I think there are a few Bills, but Sammy in particular, who would blossom within a Nick-Sabanesque-pefectionist atmosphere.

Clear as day ODB is better, running routes, getting separation, consistently catching the ball, and making spectacular catches Watkins isnt....doesn't matter who the QB is to see those things. IMO Beckham is the best player in the league right now. As I said in a different thread, Sammy is more like a bigger Lee Evans, than a smaller Julio Jones. He gets some first half strikes, but after defenses adjust to his speed, he becomes largely invisible...doesn't have the route running ability to get separation, running ability to turn short routes and reverses into big gains, nor the vertical to win jump balls. Against eagles also had some crucial drops.

He's good and can help win games....as Lee Evans was...but to compare him to OBD and a handful of other trule elite WRs is kinda silly.

love your take, i said this a month ago about lee evans and watkins in a post, i said a year ago (week 3) about watkins being inconsistant etc. I get my post locked everytime i come after watkins. I will appreciate it when more people see what I see, but then they will pretend its common knowledge and everyone can see it. Like when i went after SJ for being second rate 2 years before anyone else. You are officially in before that crowd though.

Geez. You're just making crap up.

what part? his yac is lowest in the league for starting wrs

He has a ton of long balls, but only about 3 or 4 caught going over the middle for the year, fact

He has a ton of drops, all facing toward the qb or (inward) and a ton of nice sideline replay grabs

His nice catches are all safe and sound type over the top, out the back or side of the enzone, or while heading outof bounds.

His drops are all where he cant see the safety but knows hes coming, or on plane old in-routes. And no RAC since he falls down on purpose.

In some circles these symptoms are known as pussitis

Edited by enlightener

love your take, i said this a month ago about lee evans and watkins in a post, i said a year ago (week 3) about watkins being inconsistant etc. I get my post locked everytime i come after watkins. I will appreciate it when more people see what I see, but then they will pretend its common knowledge and everyone can see it. Like when i went after SJ for being second rate 2 years before anyone else. You are officially in before that crowd though.

He has a ton of long balls, but only about 3 or 4 caught going over the middle for the year, fact

He has a ton of drops, all facing toward the qb or (inward) and a ton of nice sideline replay grabs

His nice catches are all safe and sound type over the top, out the back or side of the enzone, or while heading outof bounds.

His drops are all where he cant see the safety but knows hes coming, or on plane old in-routes. And no RAC since he falls down on purpose.

His YAC suck because he leads the league in bombs caught as a percentage of his passes! He's average over 20 ypc since the bye. Come on, man.

Um...no:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110804/2015/REG9/dolphins@bills/videos

Just pull up the Sammy reel.

2014 was such a historically great recruiting class for WRs. Lots of good ones to compare and contrast what they have done on their respective teams. At the end of the day, I can't imagine not having Watkins on this team, or Darby who we took because of giving up our first this year for Watkins. It worked out great for us IMO and I don't worry about the rest. They are two of our youngest and most talented stars, and the future is bright because of them.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2014 was such a historically great recruiting class for WRs. Lots of good ones to compare and contrast what they have done on their respective teams. At the end of the day, I can't imagine not having Watkins on this team, or Darby who we took because of giving up our first this year for Watkins. It worked out great for us IMO and I don't worry about the rest. They are two of our youngest and most talented stars, and the future is bright because of them.

:huh:

Oh please! We also could have still chosen Darby in the 2nd.We don't know what the board looked like for the Bills. They could have rated Darby as a 2nd round prospect, not a 1st, and picked someone else if they had a 1st. Plus we could have drafted a quality player to make us a better team with our 1st. Your justification is so weak. Just saying you believe Watkins was the best choice would have been enough without it.

If you want to play the 20-20 hindsight game, we could have also drafted Tj Yeldon, Tyler Lockett, or Hau’Oli Kikaha.

Edited by simpleman

Oh please! We also could have still chosen Darby in the 2nd.We don't know what the board looked like for the Bills. They could have rated Darby as a 2nd round prospect, not a 1st, and picked someone else if they had a 1st. Plus we could have drafted a quality player to make us a better team with our 1st. Your justification is so weak. Just saying you believe Watkins was the best choice would have been enough without it.

If you want to play the 20-20 hindsight game, we could have also drafted Tj Yeldon, Tyler Lockett, or HauOli Kikaha.

its not a justification or a game - it's just an opinion.

its not a justification or a game - it's just an opinion.

How about flagging something so wildly speculative and unsupported at least with an "IMO". The way you wrote made it sound like a given....still making me "lol". So at least it was good for a laugh

Edited by JTSP