I like Sammy, but wow Mack looks like the better player

Dragonborn10

How about flagging something so wildly speculative and unsupported at least with an "IMO". The way you wrote made it sound like a given....still making me "lol". So at least it was good for a laugh

You mean you don't buy into the theory that this was all due to Eli?

Through 25 NFL games, Giants' WR Odell Beckham Jr. now has more receptions and more receiving yards than any player in NFL history.

(Link not allowed from bleacherrport)

i did say IMO - what are you talking about? Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the sentence, which made it sound like your opinion on the outcome, not what happened. If your intent was your opinion of who we took (which I doubt), it was very poor grammar

were you really that confused that on a message board filled with opinions, where I typed IMO in a post, that it was my opinion? Good grief. No need for me to have to answer to stuff like that. Back on ignore. Edited by YoloinOhio

davspo, on 16 Dec 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:snapback.png

Anyone who seriously thinks that Sammy is as good as a receiver as OBJ is simply not being objective. It's not necessarily a slam on the pick, the organization or Sammy (who is good, but not great and certainly not as good as OBJ), it's just the truth. You can site the quarterback situation, the coaching, ect, but facts are facts, pure and simple. OBJ does it all. He goes over the middle, makes circus catches and is rarely, if ever, shut down. Give the guy some credit, he is that good!

You mean you don't buy into the theory that this was all due to Eli?

"Through 25 NFL games, Giants' WR Odell Beckham Jr. now has more receptions and more receiving yards than any player in NFL history."

(Link not allowed from bleacherrport)

Edited by JTSP

I don't understand how you can ever complain about having Sammy Watkins on your team. He is only 22 and already one of the most feared weapons in the league. Take the time to appreciate the fact he is on your team instead of wringing your hands about the trade. It is like staring into the sky and trying to find the clouds when the sun is out. The Browns were involved in two of these WR trades and when you are on the side that actually gets the elite player, you are the lucky ones.

I don't understand how you can ever complain about having Sammy Watkins on your team. He is only 22 and already one of the most feared weapons in the league. Take the time to appreciate the fact he is on your team instead of wringing your hands about the trade. It is like staring into the sky and trying to find the clouds when the sun is out. The Browns were involved in two of these WR trades and when you are on the side that actually gets the elite player, you are the lucky ones.

We are fine. The jtsp/enlightener tag team doesn't speak for the normal fans.

Odell's so amazing that the Giants have the same record as us in the NFL least. Meh.

We are fine. The jtsp/enlightener tag team doesn't speak for the normal fans.

Odell's so amazing that the Giants have the same record as us in the NFL least. Meh.

He is really good too. As are Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Allen Hurns, etc. It was a good draft class for WRs, it turns out. Just can't understand the point of view that because they are good too, that it can't mean your guy isn't just as good or even better in certain areas (like his jaw dropping routes). Or that you wouldn't be over the moon that you have him. The trade is over, you can't change it, might as well enjoy what you got out of it. Your board is incredibly informative for fans of all teams and that's why I come here sometimes, but I will always be fascinated by some of the inability to appreciate some areas of your team that are truly exciting and elite.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I don't see anyone complaining about having SW on the team. I see lots of people complaining about the Bills FO trying once again to outsmart everyone when all they had to do was rank the 3 WRs in order of preference, sit back and wait till the 9th pick, and take one of them.

The primary reason the Bills have sucked for 15 years is horrible decisions in the first round of the draft; both in terms of selections and trades. It would be great if that would end some day.

I don't see anyone complaining about having SW on the team. I see lots of people complaining about the Bills FO trying once again to outsmart everyone when all they had to do was rank the 3 WRs in order of preference, sit back and wait till the 9th pick, and take one of them.

The primary reason the Bills have sucked for 15 years is horrible decisions in the first round of the draft; both in terms of selections and trades. It would be great if that would end some day.

Were they stuck on one position? Seems like most team's boards are ranked in order of player, regardless of position.

Were they stuck on one position? Seems like most team's boards are ranked in order of player, regardless of position.

No they were not stuck

They wanted either Watkins or Mack, and were willing to pay the price to get one of them.

Happens to be that they had their choice, and had Watkins rated higher.

By the way, have a nice holiday

it seems like they were stuck on one player vs stuck on one position, with what they gave up. But they did really need a #1 WR, and he was universally considered a lock to be able to be one as soon as he stepped on the field. Combine that with his age when he was drafted (20!) and some feel it was worth it. Others don't. It will be debated forever here, I'm sure!

The title of the original post was "I like Sammy, but wow Mack looks like the better player".

I don't think anyone has disagreed with the fact that Sammy was, is, and may be a good WR. Some may believe that OBJ> Sammy. And currently the statistics support their view. The future will tell the real truth and who's opinion is right.

The real difference of opinion for most is "was the price we paid too large for drafting Sammy as a WR rather than taking one of the highly talented receivers that were available at our original draft position".

No one KNEW OBJ would be a great one, not even the team that chose him. We don't know who the Bill's really would have drafted if we had stayed put. We can only imagine and speculate. Even the Bill's front office did not know for sure who would actually be available at their draft position, no matter what their "plan" might have been. Anyone who has played with the draft sims enough knows how things change once the clock starts, other teams are taking players, making deals, making calls and offers to other teams, and all the options are happening live.

Edited by simpleman

No they were not stuck

They wanted either Watkins or Mack, and were willing to pay the price to get one of them.

Happens to be that they had their choice, and had Watkins rated higher.

By the way, have a nice holiday

You too! It's the most wonderful time of the year (Bowl Season B-) )