Boobie Dixon's unsportsmanlike penalty

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please !@#$ing explain precisely what a coach is supposed to do?

these men have been playing football for decades.

the rules didn't suddenly change when they entered the pros.

yes, they took 15 !@#$ing penalties yesterday. And yet, a fluke play on a second and 26 (that nobody is talking about enough) and a blatant pick to set up the go-ahead FG was the difference

15 penalties and the game was there to be won.

stop blaming coaches.

players make plays.

punt returners fumble.

and defensive players do things to change games.

riddle me this: when was the last time a defender changed the game in a positive way for the bills?

coaching? !@#$ no. there is no leadership among the players.

stop. blaming. the coaches.

Yeah, I'm not even sure why they have coaches. They can't imprint their way of doing things on the team, they're obviously just there for show.

FYI, I think Harper got cut right after fumbling a punt. Not saying that's indicative of a larger point, but he DOES do it.

Sure, its possible/easier to do with certain positions, like punt returner. Just like the Bills who already cut guys this year. You dont need to be Belichick to make that move.

Dixon might be playing at an expendable position, but he also has a history as a strong ST performer. And I think a good manager/boss/coach would want to try to coach a guy like that up before coaching him out.

As far as Hughes, Incognito and the rest of the starters people have been talking about cutting today go... no.

Please stop comparing any coach in the universe to Bellichick. It's beginning to border on Godwin's law.

Graduated high school with nine varsity letters, all in team sports, went on to play one of those for a d1 team in college. football, no.

Bro, do you even lift?

I kid, I kid.

Would love to share a cold one, but with the playoffs more or less off the table, I think I'll entertain mom's request to watch with her in her living room!

Exactly.

Rex's seeming inattention to details was my biggest concern upon his hire. But at some point the players HAVE to get on board.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183698-do-we-blow-it-up-how-does-the-reload-look/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3806418

Cool, you probably dont have too far to go. Enjoy

im wondering whether you believe that Rex's midsession cutting/re-signing got his point across to the team? He's not a man to be trifled with you know.

Isnt that like being put in timeout? LOL just sayin

They werent doing this stuff previously. How many taunting penalties did Boobie have last year? Or through his entire career? He KNOWS better, so why did he do it? Why does he think he can get away with it? Why isnt his head in the game?

The answer to all of those questions is: the tone that is set for the team by the HC.

I've watched Hughes, dareus and Mario jump offsides for 3 different defense of coordinators and two head coaches

So.

i can read along at work but cannot participate. This thread has come a rather long way since this morning!

Big Cat, as with nearly everyone here, I respect you.

But you have used too may *&%$ to emphasize your points. You seem angry almost at what folks toss back at you. If you are going to stand a position, take the higher ground to maintain your point.

i agree these players need to tighten up a s%#t ton. Robey's words tell a lingering story of frustration. frustration does not fix it.

Boobie should be set down, just as Hughes , the high priced player should. Not cut by any means.

Brooks should be long gone for all his game changing crap on STs.

rex needs a bad cop on the coaching staff since obviously wants to be a mother hen with his players.

Somebody needs to be the coyote, or the fox in the hen house.

Everyone deep down knows the Refs look at the Bills to be guilty before charged. So thats the way the game is played.

I have noticed Rex does not act childish on the sidelines any more when he feels bamboozled. he also showed that same attitude during the most recent presser.

Gotta be smarter then the game. and he has changed this year form all his hype and bluster.

Just get it sorted internally.

Focus is really what this all about. focus and self discipline at every level.

and take Marios fridge away.

I've watched Hughes, dareus and Mario jump offsides for 3 different defense of coordinators and two head coaches

yep. Hughes aint changed one bit and he is still the best hustler on the team.

tough trade off!

Bruce was always good for at least 1, if not 2, a game. It's part of the game of pass rushing. Couple that with how frustrated those guys have been with not being able (or allowed) to rush the QB, and theyre gonna get jumpy when you do give them the chance.

They werent doing this stuff previously. How many taunting penalties did Boobie have last year? Or through his entire career? He KNOWS better, so why did he do it? Why does he think he can get away with it? Why isnt his head in the game?

The answer to all of those questions is: the tone that is set for the team by the HC.

Gotta agree with this. the way players act starts with the tone set by the HC.

I doubt we will hear 'we are going to be a bully' out of Rex's mouth in the off season. I hope he has learned to coach more and talk less.

Gotta agree with this. the way players act starts with the tone set by the HC.

I doubt we will hear 'we are going to be a bully' out of Rex's mouth in the off season. I hope he has learned to coach more and talk less.

I think this season has been very educational and humbling for Rex. Next year i expect his approach will have shifted noticeably . i really do.

I think this season has been very educational and humbling for Rex. Next year i expect his approach will have shifted noticeably . i really do.

Yep, i agree. Rex is not dumb, i believe he will grow with the job, just like we all do. I think he can be a great coach if he can stop the bravado stuff and be himself with his guys. Like he did while DC at Balt. One thing to be that way behind closed doors with your guys. In public be humble and intelligent.

Yep, i agree. Rex is not dumb, i believe he will grow with the job, just like we all do. I think he can be a great coach if he can stop the bravado stuff and be himself with his guys. Like he did while DC at Balt. One thing to be that way behind closed doors with your guys. In public be humble and intelligent.

Agreed. The team is best off keeping Whaley, Rex, and Tyrod for next year. I think there is more improvement to be gained by giving them another year together, than blowing it all up and starting over.

WRT the bold... I kinda think the opposite. I really dont care what he says in the media or how he acts "in public". It's how he acts around the guys, and the tone he sets for the team, that matters most. What's the old saying? "Kids dont need a friend, they need a father". Same applies to the players with their coach. They obviously© need a disciplinarian.

Agreed. The team is best off keeping Whaley, Rex, and Tyrod for next year. I think there is more improvement to be gained by giving them another year together, than blowing it all up and starting over.

WRT the bold... I kinda think the opposite. I really dont care what he says in the media or how he acts "in public". It's how he acts around the guys, and the tone he sets for the team, that matters most. What's the old saying? "Kids dont need a friend, they need a father". Same applies to the players with their coach. They obviously© need a disciplinarian.

I think you have a very decent point.

a little fear instilled, and then a bit of wanting to make the Dad proud is a worthwhile effort. Simplistic in concept but effective in execution.

And no one, even Rex is so arrogant to think we as adults cannot still learn and improve ourselves.

well except me. I kinda nailed it already and am able to rest upon my laurels.

Big cat ftw. Monthly merper meltdown gets the bronze.

Rex should play right guard, safety, referee on Sunday's. On Mondays he should draft a new penalty program with bigger font on the don't get a penalty bracelets.

The guidelines in place for grown ass men don't seem to work. More push-ups, bigger font. Feel the rush!

im wondering whether you believe that Rex's midsession cutting/re-signing got his point across to the team? He's not a man to be trifled with you know.

No. I don't. Rex didn't cut Thiggy because he was screwing up, he cut him because he wasn't good enough. There's a difference, I think.

No. I don't. Rex didn't cut Thiggy because he was screwing up, he cut him because he wasn't good enough. There's a difference, I think.

Looks unsure of himself with that move actually. Thigpen comes back and the field position improves couple games later he muffs the punt and the eagles use the mistake to score.

something in the water?

Looks unsure of himself with that move actually. Thigpen comes back and the field position improves couple games later he muffs the punt and the eagles use the mistake to score.

something in the water?

The move was more motivated by the depleted WR group, IMO. Thiggy can't play WR, and we needed a guy who could. Moore was the best option to fill both roles. If RR decided to move on from Thiggy because of the ST woes, that's really disheartening, seeing as the poor blocking and the penalties were what sunk that unit, not the return man.